• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Catch Combo script for v19 (or a possible link to an existing version!)

Scraps The Man

Crystal Collector
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Hey everybody!

I was thinking that I would absolutely love a universal way to help find shinies before the player can even get their charm or radar, so I my thoughts immediately went onto "Pokemon Let's Go"s shiny method. If anyone knows a way to code it into the game, or has a link to something similar I would absolutely love that, but please do not worry if you don't! Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day!

Scraps The Man

Crystal Collector
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    THIS HAS BEEN FOUND OUT! THANKS FOR EVERYONE WHO POSSIBLY TRIED TO FIND SOMETHING, BUT I HAVE SINCE OBTAINED SOMETHING THAT WILL HELP!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I'm not too familiar with RMXP or Essentials, but you will need a couple of global variables.
    One to hold the most recently captured species, and one to count how many of that species you have caught.
    Then, presumably in the script that handles capturing a Pokemon, add a line after a successful capture that compares the global variable for the species and see if there is a match. If one is not set or its a different species, set that global var to the new species and set the combo variable to 1.
    If its a repeat catch of the same species, add 1 to the combo var.

Scraps The Man

Crystal Collector
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Since it was my friend who found the thing, I have no idea what it was originally, but I am sure it was probably this code for a "Dexnav" sort of tool for the game. (it can also change shiny rates, so that is why we are using it)

(broken link removed)

Back