• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Catch glitch

Years
  • So I was just going around catching some Pokemons and all of a sudden I caught two in a row with only ONE roll of the poke ball, not one, two, three, and a subtle click, just one roll and then the subtle click... two times this happened... I used a quick ball the first time and a dusk ball the second.. has anyone else encountered this, or did I just get lucky?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • It was introduced in Generation 5 already.
    It assures you will get the Pokemon without shaking.

Reactions: Sun

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    As said above, it's a feature they introduced in Black/White (I think), called Critical Capture. It's very rare but the Pokeball will only roll once and click, it will also pause for a little in the air.

So far I haven't actually seen a Pokemon escape this either.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Hm, koff~

It happens to me all the time. It seems that every four Pokemon or so I get the high pitched 'whistle' of the critical capture or so it's called. It's a nice feature, but I don't think it works on any legendary Pokemon.

Fun stuff: you can now buy Premierballs at the same price as regular Pokeballs! It does take away the charm of seeing how many you could collect from regular Pokeballs though, so that's the only down side. And if you're looking to save money, buying ten Pokeballs grants you an additional Premierball, so that's buy ten get one free! Hope you had fun, koffi~

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • It was introduced in Generation 5 already.
    It assures you will get the Pokemon without shaking.

Its not always the case. Critical capture only greatly increases the Pokeball's catch rate but not so high as to reach or be as close as a master ball. There will be cases of the critical capture failing if you use a weak pokeball and failed to weaken the Pokemon enough.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Thanks for posting this! :) 'cause this also happened to me (once). It's a nice feature indeed, I was kinda surprised at first, but it did help me catch a Lapras all at once so... that was nice ^_^

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Its not always the case. Critical capture only greatly increases the Pokeball's catch rate but not so high as to reach or be as close as a master ball. There will be cases of the critical capture failing if you use a weak pokeball and failed to weaken the Pokemon enough.

Opp! I shall stand corrected since my pea brain isn't working well right now; Thanks for the confirmation!

Though I've had it dozens times, and all of them were safety captured.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    the more pokemon you have already caught, the higher you chances of a critical capture. Its not master ball 100% capture rate but its much higher than say, dusk ball at night i think. First introduced in BW2 if im not wrong

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I've gotten these.
    But only with Timer balls, and after like 14 turns in a fight. So i just presumed I was Timerballin' correctly.

But I guess it's "critical capture"!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Critical capture was introduced last gen.

It's happened to me in this game a lot so far, I think they may have increased the chance of it happening.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Like others have said, it is called a Critical Capture that came out in 5th Gen, use to happen to me all the time. However, it still has a chance to not catch. Happened a few times in 5th Gen and has happened a lot in 6th Gen.

Hanley

シェーン
    Years
  • Happened to me for the first time yesterday or the day before, when catching a Machop. Played through both Black and Black 2 numerous times, and it never occurred once. My first reaction wasn't that it was a glitch, I thought it might have just been a new addition for X & Y.

Back