• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Caught Rayquaza in a Nest Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lj2k5

Angemon, I Choose You
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2005
    It's supossed to work better on weaker pokemon. But it was the first ball i through, after it fell alseep. It was facing a level 21 tentacool.....weird

Stouph

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    Just a simple pok?ball could have done the trick too.... just go in with a lots of balls, you just have to get lucky!

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    Wow. That is lucky. I never get lucky like that when it comes to catching special Pokemon!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I just used my Master Ball....A while ago I ALMOST caught Groudon with a Timer Ball but I needed to wait a few more turns...

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    By weaker they mean health wise. I was out of other balls so I caught my Ray the second time around in a Nest Ball too. XD From then on, whenever my big bad Rayquaza came out, it had a pretty ring of hearts around it. XP

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    i caught mine with a pokeball yup a pokeball but i had to use 20 ultra balls and 32 pokeballs before i didn't use any great balls. I didnt try to catch it with a great ball because i dont like the way the great ball looks like do u?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I caught my Ruby Rayquaza (the master ball was in my Emerald) in a Great Ball. I've tried everything except great and poke balls --- dive balls, net balls, confusion, paralysis, wasting all its rest PP, poison, burn, etc. except great balls. I caught it today (after a painfully long time of using Timer and Ultra balls), just by having it whack itslef down to red with confusion. I went to the sky pillar just to see it again, then I thought maybe i'd battle it. So I ended up confusing it down to redness and just throwing a great ball at it. Presto -- it was caught without a status problem and only one Great Ball. Apparently legendaries are resistant to Ultra and Timer balls.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    As others said, it's a matter of luck. I caught Kyogre with a Great Ball, but I didn't even attack it or anything beforehand.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Excuse me if I sound sarcastic...i'm trying to be polite, though..anyway, i'm a little sceptile (skeptical) that it's all just luck if i've been trying in vain to capture Rayquaza with every strategy possible and then, one day, just catch it, with no status problems, false swipes or anything fancy with a Great Ball. I'd say that Rayquaza is immune to Ultra Balls.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    jhgghyu said:
    Excuse me if I sound sarcastic...i'm trying to be polite, though..anyway, i'm a little sceptile (skeptical) that it's all just luck if i've been trying in vain to capture Rayquaza with every strategy possible and then, one day, just catch it, with no status problems, false swipes or anything fancy with a Great Ball. I'd say that Rayquaza is immune to Ultra Balls.

I've caught Rayquaza with an ultra ball before. ;) There's no such thing as immunity when it comes to Pokeballs. It's all about luck. You have a set percentage chance of catching a pokemon based on a ton of factors - level of pokemon, pokeball type, amount of health on pokemon, status problems, etc. But even if the pokemon is at full health, and you just throw a dinky little nest ball at it, there actually is a chance it will work. It's so miniscule it's laughable, but the chance is there every turn. So don't think your ultra balls are jynxed. Trust me; it's all just a matter of odds.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2005
    I caught a Registeel for my friend with a Great Ball. After 20 Ultra Balls, 2 Nest balls, and 1 Timer ball...I tried a Great Ball...and I caught it...

DeoxysOwns22

*Visit My Adoption Center*
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 21, 2005
    Just a few hours ago I caught rayray on the 3rd ultra ball I threw. Didn't even touch em so it was onkly the third turn...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back