• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cause I'ma back in the business

Years
Ehmm..
Well I'm Shvihka,and I started spriting at a relatively young age,before
losing interest for long 5 years..
But as they say never say never(:confused:) I decided to give spriting
a second chance=)
My specialization has always been Fakemon and Fusions as those are
the kind of things I enjoy the most when I get to use my wild imagination=)

I might take requests if I feel like doing them don't get mad if I decline it's either I can't make it,I have a lot of other requests or I have no time,so bare with me,please,thanks.

I guess I've been talking enough let's get to the "pics or it didn't happen" part:
Pixel Over/Art
Spoiler:

Fakemon Region:

This is my little project I was keeping in secret..
The tasmanian tiger-cannon line is a collab with Cynder from Serebii so credit goes to her as well.

Fusions
Spoiler:

Comments,thoughts and criticism are welcome.

Last edited:

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
I must say the customs are awesome,specially Glalie,but if his outlines connected (the ones of his sulks) it would look nicer.About Poliwrath,it has a good shape an colors but his whirl isn't ... round,and it makes the sprite look less good.
I think the third is a fakemon.
And about the fusions, they are awesome but the Hariyama/Something is putting me off...
I can't see what the other Pokemon is and their body types didn't fit.
Hope I helped.

Years
I must say the customs are awesome,specially Glalie,but if his outlines connected (the ones of his sulks) it would look nicer.About Poliwrath,it has a good shape an colors but his whirl isn't ... round,and it makes the sprite look less good.
I think the third is a fakemon.
And about the fusions, they are awesome but the Hariyama/Something is putting me off...
I can't see what the other Pokemon is and their body types didn't fit.
Hope I helped.
First of all,thank you)
I think the bright outline creates the illusion with Glalie but you might be right I'll look it up.
I'm aware that the whirl sucks gonna change it when I have the time.
The third is supposed to be a Minotaur with custom dress and boxing gloves LOL.
Yeah Hariyama is fused with Noctowl there)) and it wasn't my idea it's from the fusion game so it's the most I could do with those two))
Thanks again,everything was taken into consideration!

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
First of all,thank you)
I think the bright outline creates the illusion with Glalie but you might be right I'll look it up.
I'm aware that the whirl sucks gonna change it when I have the time.

About Glalie,I meant the black-ish ones.
The third is supposed to be a Minotaur with custom dress and boxing gloves LOL.
Yeah Hariyama is fused with Noctowl there)) and it wasn't my idea it's from the fusion game so it's the most I could do with those two))
Thanks again,everything was taken into consideration!

LOL,anyways,glad I helped,and putting wings would help people to notice there's a bird on the mix,just saying ...

Years
About Glalie,I meant the black-ish ones.

LOL,anyways,glad I helped,and putting wings would help people to notice there's a bird on the mix,just saying ...
Uh oh I almost got confused there=D
Hmm when I look at it now the outline is messed up on the sulks gonna change it)))
But,but...(blames Nintendo)
If you look close enough the wings are those brown things on the side,
cause Noctowl's sprite doesn't have it with folded wings originally=D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
I really like your fakemon! And your fusions as well... that Shiftry one is my fave!!!

Regarding your fakemon, they are really good, but they look like they are from a Konami game more so than pokemon. I think they need to be a bit more cartoony shading-wise. For example Smelice, He has a lot of half-tone shading when most pokes w halftone only have it in a little patch to create the pattern illusion. Blastecon actually looks the most pokestyled out of the trio, and he looks cool, and this is nitpicking i know hahaha, but he's facing straight to the left, while most pokemon are facing (or at least looking) left/down at where the opponent would be.

Finally, LedyKing is awesome as well, however the lighting isnt coming from the top left like in pokesprites, and on the top right (viewer's left) shoulder the black outline looks a bit messy. Also, the outline should be lighter on the light parts, not all black

I hope this is helpful!

Years
I really like your fakemon! And your fusions as well... that Shiftry one is my fave!!!

Regarding your fakemon, they are really good, but they look like they are from a Konami game more so than pokemon. I think they need to be a bit more cartoony shading-wise. For example Smelice, He has a lot of half-tone shading when most pokes w halftone only have it in a little patch to create the pattern illusion. Blastecon actually looks the most pokestyled out of the trio, and he looks cool, and this is nitpicking i know hahaha, but he's facing straight to the left, while most pokemon are facing (or at least looking) left/down at where the opponent would be.

Finally, LedyKing is awesome as well, however the lighting isnt coming from the top left like in pokesprites, and on the top right (viewer's left) shoulder the black outline looks a bit messy. Also, the outline should be lighter on the light parts, not all black

I hope this is helpful!
Yes,the issue with Smelice is that I tried to showcase that he is actually in the process of melting so the darker ice colors are near to the fire and it gets more icy when the fire is away xD
Yeah I should've probably reposed Blastecon but I'll to that when I feel like doing it ;p
I agree about Ledyking,tho I'm not sure whether the light source is top left for all sprites and as long there is nothing wrong with the shading I feel no need to change that=D
Thank for your critique!

Glad you like em Deadrocks ;)

Because everybody likes updates:
Spoiler:

Comments,thoughts and critique appreciated!

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Work on Bellsprout tongue outline, I also love Sharplord!
Try to work to make your fusions more natural if you think they're odd.
And just btw,a light source doesn't have to be top-left,most sprites just have it that way.It can be whatever direction you want.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
nice pixel art. darkening the outlines of the first 2 will improve it but anyways all of them are great!

love the shiftry/gorebyss fusion

Years
Work on Bellsprout tongue outline, I also love Sharplord!
Try to work to make your fusions more natural if you think they're odd.
And just btw,a light source doesn't have to be top-left,most sprites just have it that way.It can be whatever direction you want.
Yeah Bellsprout was a quick one anyways so I might post an updated version in the evening.The fusions are odd in a funny way I guess,I don't think it's always bad to have an odd result=D
nice pixel art. darkening the outlines of the first 2 will improve it but anyways all of them are great!

love the shiftry/gorebyss fusion
You know I'm aware of the outline,but that's my style I don't use black that often just cause I don't like :x
Glad you guys like the fusions they seem to be popular;)

Years
A quick update with more fusions,gonna work on fixing my current sprites in the weekend,high school is demanding,you know=D
Spoiler:

Years
wow..thats some talent...id suggest drawing them larger in case you decide to use those for a game..
Thank you sir.
I have no plans on making a hack though cause I suck at making maps and I have no idea about scripting :p

Update:
Spoiler:

You get a cookie if you guess right what Pokemon I used for the Gargoyle and the opportunity of requesting something from me.
CTC are welcome.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Hmmm lets see
I actually like this one (even though I hate Dragonite for my personal reasons) the color and shading is good but the spotting around the eye is a bit too awkward. Quick Question, is that bulbasuar's bulb on the back of Dragonite?

I believe that's how Pikachu should actually look like because I still believe Pikachu is a rat and not a mouse. Anyways, the shading at the bottom is a bit too dark

I like the creativity of this sprite since Marowak is one of my favorite Pokemon however, the hair on Marowak's head seems like you just glued it there and it should look as if it is blended with the skull. To do that I am not sure, but I guess you can make part of Scrafty's hair the same color as Marowak's head for a more natural look.

I can't guess this Pokemon, I love how Aerodactly has red eyes and makes it look evil. My favorite part of this sprite is the wing patterns you have done with this sprite.

:t354:TG

Years
Hmmm lets see

I actually like this one (even though I hate Dragonite for my personal reasons) the color and shading is good but the spotting around the eye is a bit too awkward. Quick Question, is that bulbasuar's bulb on the back of Dragonite?
Which spotting exactly,the one from Zangoose or the one from Bulba?
And yes it's supposed to be Bulba's bulb there but it was pretty hard=)

I believe that's how Pikachu should actually look like because I still believe Pikachu is a rat and not a mouse. Anyways, the shading at the bottom is a bit too dark
Ok will check.

I like the creativity of this sprite since Marowak is one of my favorite Pokemon however, the hair on Marowak's head seems like you just glued it there and it should look as if it is blended with the skull. To do that I am not sure, but I guess you can make part of Scrafty's hair the same color as Marowak's head for a more natural look.
Ehmm I'm not sure if that will work it would rather look odd but I'll try and post the result..

I can't guess this Pokemon, I love how Aerodactly has red eyes and makes it look evil. My favorite part of this sprite is the wing patterns you have done with this sprite.
Thank you,I know it's hard to guess that's why I asked=p

Comments in bold!
And a little update as always:
Spoiler:

Discuss,ladies and gentleman!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I agree with your comment on Sharpedo being handicapped, I've always said that to my friends. I love what you done with Sharpedo with the coloring and shading but the fins on Sharpedo's tail could be a bit thicker.

I actually like Semistoad's colors on Hariyama, it actually makes Hariyama look so much better. Anyways, I love the coloring and shading on this one, good job

This one is my favorite one so far, I love the coloring and everything on this Pokemon. it makes Eelektross look even more beast than what it really is.

Years

I agree with your comment on Sharpedo being handicapped, I've always said that to my friends. I love what you done with Sharpedo with the coloring and shading but the fins on Sharpedo's tail could be a bit thicker.
Yeah the tail itself is a bit thin at least on the end of it..

I actually like Semistoad's colors on Hariyama, it actually makes Hariyama look so much better. Anyways, I love the coloring and shading on this one, good job
Thank you=)

This one is my favorite one so far, I love the coloring and everything on this Pokemon. it makes Eelektross look even more beast than what it really is.
Ty glad you like em :p

Nevertheless,another freakin' update guys:
Spoiler:

Keep the comments coming!

Years
Ehmm..No comments?xD

As you see I'm back after a tiny brake from spriting,enjoy:
Spoiler:

Discuss,guys.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I saw the torkaol fusion in the game and was amazed you found a way for that to work. You are very good at fusions.

The musharna/glalie fusion is probably the best fusioin I've seen you do. Keep up the great sprites, it's interesting looking at them.

Back