• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen celebi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2006
    i know this has probably been asked more times than god knows what but i cant be bothered to look through ALL the posts to find the relevant info. I use the mew cheat all the time on r/b/y. is there a way of getting celebi on g/s a similar way? or getting him at all? i got 2 gbc's and 2 gba's, r/b/y and g/s so if i need a specific version thats not a prob. :)

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • I think you gotta go to the whirl islands. gosh, I haven't played G/S/C in about 2 years.

P.S. since you like Pokemon, I'm putting you on my Buddy list,Okay?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2006
    yeah thas ok mystic. i have an action replay but i think its for the gba games :(. if i can get him in the whirl islands whst do i do?.

ive been playing r/b for around 5 years. and g/s for about 2. i have restarted them loads of times but now im serous about completing it, just neeeeeeeeeeeeeed 17. got mew from red or blue. about to trade a seaking with the dragon scale thanks to all of you lot :) and need dunsparce when they breed, dont know when tho :(.

SRV

Years
    • Age 33
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Okay well, I'll reply to everything in your post:

- You can't get Celebi at the Whirl Islands. That's where Lugia is. You can only get Celebi by cheating or if you have the japenese version.

- It is Seadra that holds the Dragon Scale that evolves while trading, not Seaking.

- To get Dunsparce, you'll need Hiker Anthony's phone number. He's at Route 33, and he'll eventually call you telling you that Dunsparce are swarming.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    There is only two ways to get Celebi in the G/S games, and two other ways to get it in the 3rd generation games.

Second Generation
    1. Cheat using AR, GS, ect..
    2. You can get it in the Japanese Crystal.

Thrid Generatin
    1. The Celebi Glitch, which is near impossible to happen in any 3rd generation game.
    2. If you have a Japanese Coloseum Bonus Disk, insted of Jirachi, you get Celebi.

SRV

Years
    • Age 33
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    AngelicExcalibur, these are the R/B/Y/G/S/C forums. Third generation games are not included.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2006
    its a bit pointless then, creating a pokemon in the game and you cant even get it. its like buying a car that can only have square wheels lol.

SRV

Years
    • Age 33
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    It's not like that at all...I thought you were gonna say something like, it's like buying an expensive car, and getting it sent to the moon or something so you couldn't ride it lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2006
    well how are you goin to drive a car with square wheels?

ok another example: its like having a 7ft tall brick wall to protect your house that people can walk through. whats the point in having a wall to stop people if they can just walk through it

xCarpyzardx

Trainer
    Years
  • wow ive heard about so many ways of getting celebi on g/s/c...something about putting a gs ball or the aster ball in the shrine i Ilex forrest...and i heard that you have to catch the annons and spell out its name ( same as mew) any one know if that works?

SRV

Years
    • Age 33
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    That Unown trick doesn't work, but you can get the GS Ball in the Japenese Crystal Version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2006
    dam japenese :-( Anyone know where i can get an ar cartridge from, i got one from my gba but i cant use it for the gbc. ive looked on ebay and theres none on there. also looked on codejunkies with no luck.

SRV

Years
    • Age 33
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    This thread has gotten pointless now..Just buy a Gameboy Gameshark. I don't know if there's a Gameboy Action Replay.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2006
    ok ill have to do that. im not too keen on gs because its very unstable. it makes my games crash all the time.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
  • simple question that i never bothered to answer... can you trade between a japanese version and an english version? >.> because i suppose if that were possible, you could get celebi that way xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2006
    thats a good question, if so would the pokemon's name from the jap v be writen in japineese on the british game?

where can i get a game genie from? i got 2 gbc's and 2 gba's :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back