• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Century End

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    Created with:
    RPG maker 2k3

I've been currently working on this little project of mine, it's a mix between an adventure/rpg. Now, remember those old point and click adventures?
    Mix that with an stat/lvling up RPG ad some good(?) graphics and you got Century end. Just because this in not my main project (working on a pokemon fan-game which is not currently posted here) it doesn't mean that it doesn't advance quickly, I should have a demo ready in 2 or 3 weeks so stay tuned.

Story:

As long as humans can remember, the land of Imaldeh was ruled by king Imo and queen Gena. Some people even believe that they are immortal and created Imaldeh themselves... For years, Imaldeh was a friendly peacefull land, there were some small civil wars of course but there never was a huge terrible war. But as we all know; where there is light, there are always shadows... It is the year 173 and a dissease known as the curse is starting to spread quickly. People who get infected by the curse turn into the heartless slaves of an unknown power... Soon more and more people fell to the curse and an army was formed of curse infected humans... When the king noticed that the curse kept spreading he went crazy and declared the curse war. And thus the king went, with a decent army to wage war with a dissease. Everyone thought he became lunatic and laughed as they saw him leave to fight the curse. They didn't know however, that soon, they would be crying and begging for his return... 2 years later the king still hasn't returned, nobody knows what may have happened to him, it's not like they didn't care though. Life became a living hell in Imaldeh without the king.
    Because their leader, the king, (probably) left Imaldeh, more and more people decided not to follow the law, more and more civil wars took place, the economics found a complete standstill, and the curse still kept spreading...
    The queen however decided to take action. New laws were made, a new army called: The Royal Garde was founded. Even the smallest violation of the law could cost you your head. That wasn't the worst though... The Garde became corrupt and would do anything for money, they had all the power and the queens support so they could get away with anything... Innoscent people were killed, villages were destroyed and the blood of men, women and children filled the streets... Mean while, the son of the king and queen, Prince Ibrahim, couldn't bear all this evil in his fathers land, and he declared war to his mother. With a hand full of men he decided to build up an army to attack the Royal Garde and his mother. Soon, more and more men started to follow Prince Ibrahim. The queen however, thought of a plan... She knew that her son was a great leader and she made him fell asleep with a spell. A spell so dark and everlasting, that only a true angel can break it. without their leader the prince's followers (which called themselves the rebels) started to become weak. They were afraid to attack the Garde without their great leader at their side... In the mean time, Prince's Ibrahim's little Sister: Princess Veronique, ran away from the pallace to search her father.

With the King probably dead
    An evil queen on the throne
    A prince fast asleep
    And a princess far away.
    It looks like Imaldeh is doomed. All the humans can do now is wait for the king to return, the prince to wake up, and the angel to come...
    Al we can do now is pray...

A quote from the game:
    "Please god, protect my son, he's all that's left to me...
    Please god, protect him with all the power you got..." And then she closed her eyes, as if it were a prayer...

Characters:

Name: Sase Winterwood
    Description: a quiet kid, after his village is attacked and his father and mother die by the hands of the Garde, he runs away to Razzane village in the hope of finding his uncle. Soon, he finds himself in the middle of a dangerous, hectic situation, concerning the royal family and all of Imaldeh...

Name: Franziskus Winterwood
    Description: Sase's uncle, after Sase loses his family he sort of 'Adopts' Sase and becomes his tutor. Sase will learn a lot from Franziskus in the early stages of the game...

More characters soon to come...

Features:
    - Old school point and click like adventure/rpg mix
    - Different talents, skills, and titles
    - A prayer system, by praying and increasing your prayer power you can get new, better armor
    - A mining system, Mine ores to make money and improve your weapon
    - Enviroment Battles, use the enviroment at you advantage
    - A dark, sad story, about a boy who loses everthing he has and later on even more...

More Features soon to come...

Screenshots: (the real reason why you're here eh?)
    Century End

Century End

Century End

Century End

Century End

Credits:
    Thanks to ROWAN for the forest chipset
    Thanks to Skie Fortress for the system set.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Looks like a very original game and I'd definately play, though there are a few errors in the grammer.

Years
    Reminds me a lot of Riviera. Looks good! Glad to see another non-Pokémon game here.

Anyway, I like the storyline. Quite original.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    Looks cool. I kind of have to squint to see the screens, but that's nothing I can't adjust with the monitor. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    thanks for the positive feedback, I might have a trailer up in a few days
    Current status:

First area (Intro) almost complete,
    thing to do:
    Ad the last cutscene with Franziskus
    Implent the Prayer tutorial
    Create first boss fight

Overall status:
    Resources: 20%
    Maps: 15%
    Events: 23%
    Demo: 42%

Also, i'm thinking about a mood system (which is kinda hard to explain <_<)
    But it pretty much means that the mood of the NPC's will change (Sometime's because you advance in the story, other times it's just random)
    If anyone would like to help feel free to pm me.

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
    Years
    Wow man, looks pretty cool. But you say point and click, how is that possible in RM2K/3?

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback!
    From the Charas website, just search for: Forest.
    I can send it to you if you want tough :P
    And yes, you will use the arrow keys, the action button and probably the cancel button to move around in the world.
    Here are some new screens from your first encounter with franziskus:
    Century End

Century End

Century End

Current Bugs:
    After the encounter with Franziskus, Sase's charset change's into the wrong one, This isn't a major bug and will be fixed As soon as possible.
    Need to get the font fixed, (gotta download the font patch for 2k3, not a major problem)

Current Status:
    Intro complete.
    Boss battle still has to be implented.
    Still have to make a few maps.
    Battle System fine-tuning
    Demo 49% complete

I'd like to say that Century End is going to use a modified version of the DBS (Default Battle System) Which means as much as:
    - Different options on how to attack: Upercut, Thrust, etc. Which'll have different effects on certain monsters
    - Different skills which require Button activation: Flame dance for example require's you to press the buttons: Down, Down, Right, Right to use the skill succesfully.

Also note that Prayer Power will also be used in the battles
    the more prayer power you have = the more damage you'll do.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    Yeah, sorry for the DP but I'm starting to look for beta testers, (beta testing will start in a week or so) if anyone wants to beta-test or just wants to help out please PM me. Also, I might have screens of the new battle system on today.

Sakuya

I will protect Yuki eternally.
    Years
    This game looks very promising and the storyline is awesome. I'm not sure what to do as a beta tester, but I'd be glad to be one. ^^ Not to mention that I'm a writer as well. I could check for grammar mistakes or anything else that would have to do with writing. :3 Good luck on everything and I'm already liking this game. :)

Years
    Great new screenshots. If I were you though, I would not have beta testers. You will probably have a bunch of noobs asking to be abeta testers.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    Sorry for not updating in a while but I've been working really hard on
    my pokemon fan game. Anyway, I'm going to put up a trailer soon to show you some of the features. Right now I'm working on the battle system and
    the overall graphics. (backdrops etc) Don't know when the demo'll be out but when I come close to finishing I'll tell you. I'll be updating this tomorrow with new screens and a new character.

Back