• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Chain Fishing

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Lock this if there's already a topic, and in which case, I'm blind because I scoured the front page. And since PokeRadar gets its own topic, might as well. But apparently there is a higher chance of encountering a shiny while fishing if you build up consecutive landings. The numbers are unknown but now there are more frustrating ways to hunt for dem shinies.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • Lock this if there's already a topic, and in which case, I'm blind because I scoured the front page. And since PokeRadar gets its own topic, might as well. But apparently there is a higher chance of encountering a shiny while fishing if you build up consecutive landings. The numbers are unknown but now there are more frustrating ways to hunt for dem shinies.
    Indeed after fishing in a spot 120+ times I found 3 Shiny Pokemon. 2 Shiny Seadra and a shiny Relicanth. This was a lot easier than the Pokeradar in my opinion because the ability Suction Cups works so well with Chain Fishing.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Also if you've a Pokémon with the Suction Cups ability your chances on getting more consecutive streaks are even higher. It has the same effect as Sticky Gold or Hold item. I can't really quite remember the name but I think it was Sticky Hold.

Edit: Oh ninja'd about the Suction Cups ability. :V

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This is glorious. 2 Horsea's and a Skrelp already through 60.

why wasn't i aware of this earlier

Years
  • So you just need pokemon with suction cup ability and then just fish and land a ton of pokemon in a row? Do they all have to be the same or does it not matter?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    So you just need pokemon with suction cup ability and then just fish and land a ton of pokemon in a row? Do they all have to be the same or does it not matter?
    It doesn't matter if they're the same. And I'm not sure if you have to kill them or not, I did to be safe. The only tricky part I think is having the reflexes so you don't miss the !! that appear. Oh and the suction cup Pokemon must be your lead.

Years
  • Dang, that means I better start training up my JPN suction cup pokemon! XD
    Any idea on how many you chained in a row until you found them?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2015
    It doesn't matter if they're the same. And I'm not sure if you have to kill them or not, I did to be safe. The only tricky part I think is having the reflexes so you don't miss the !! that appear. Oh and the suction cup Pokemon must be your lead.

Can the pokemon with suction cups dead and it'll still work?

Years
  • Can someone explain this a little better? Is the chain broken when you lose a reel or when you cast the rod and don't get a Pokemon from it? I've tried a couple times and I can't build up a chain for very long.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Can the pokemon with suction cups dead and it'll still work?
    Yeah, that's how I've been doing it.

Can someone explain this a little better? Is the chain broken when you lose a reel or when you cast the rod and don't get a Pokemon from it? I've tried a couple times and I can't build up a chain for very long.
    Pretty much if you move, or don't get a nibble, or fail to reel something in, the chain is broken. That's why Suction Cups is really important.

Years
  • Yeah, that's how I've been doing it.

Pretty much if you move, or don't get a nibble, or fail to reel something in, the chain is broken. That's why Suction Cups is really important.

Thanks...guess I'm heading back to the friend safari to find a suction cup Octillary.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Quick question, do you need to defeat the wild Pokemon for the chain to continue?

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
    Years
  • I'm going to try this now... I will post my, hopefully successful, results in a few hours.

Thanks for the tip!

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • tried this this last night got up to 56 and nothing. tried this morning got 40 and nothing. moved to where water sparkles and got Qwilfish after around 15

Back