• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 3: I don't wanna be a Zigzagoon!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    There can be up to two Metagross.
    There can only be up to two Milotic.
    There can only be up to three Salamence.
    There can only be up to three Walrein.
    There can only be up to three Dusclops.
    There can only be up to three Shiftry.
    There can only be up to eight Zigzagoon.

Leijon > Milotic
    Marisa > Dusclops

Anna > Ducslops
    Isaac > Walrein
    Zeffy > Milotic
    Marsyas > Zigzagoon
    Sean > Metagross
    Canen > Zigzagoon
    Christos > Metagross
    Griffinbane > Salamence
    Blastin'Tyruntz > Zigzagoon
    Logical Cabbage > Shiftry
    Bluerang1 > Zigzagoon
    Nakuzami > Walrein
    HiddeniteDynamite > Zigzagoon
    Necrum > Zigzagoon
    Arago > Zigzagoon

Lilith > Salamence
    Olli > Walrein
    Magic Guard > Shiftry
    Guildmaster Wigglytuff > Salamence
    Y2A_146 > Zigzagoon
    Wobbu > Dusclops
    Forever > Shiftry

Please post what you'd like to be, everyone! I'm going to send this as soon as possible so don't be mad if you're a Zigzagoon, lol.

Also, any ideas on what purpose this will serve?

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Got dibs on Milotic.

And uhhh, maybe it has something to do with Chess coz it sounds kinda similar to a game of Chess? Idk Im wrong on this but idrk haha

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I don't mind being any of those, to be honest. I'd like to be a Milotic if possible, though. As to their purpose, I have a strong feeling that what Pokemon we are will affect a challenge in the future. However, seeing as the past two challenges were rubbish and had no correlation to each other at all, this might not be the case.

If it's something like battling or a fighting-type thing, that'd be swell, since we've had very rubbish challenges so far imo :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ik you want me to be zigzagoon but shiftry pls

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I'll def take Walrein.

And I think this may just be a test on how much we can trust each other on the team. Anyone could eliminate any one person they'd want on the team. It's possible the picks could play into the next challenge though :o

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Dusclops.

Cos Ghost types. Also yeah, I also feel like there might be a catch to this...it could be something to do with battling, but I'm not so sure ;;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay so you assign each team member as a Pokemon.
    At least ne person in every role.
    Organise their team into the following roles.

From this, you could choose Pokemon that AREN'T listed, because it doesn't specify that each team member has to be in each role, only as a Pokemon that can have a role, not those roles in particular. Since one Pokemon is being chosen, just stick one person in each category - 7 Pokemon only, so at most only 1/7 gets poisoned. You could make the other members any other Pokemon and you wouldn't incur a penalty, because it technically doesn't say that it has to be those roles in particular for each Pokemon. By listing everyone we risk losing more people than we need to.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • I volutarily take a spot as Zigzagoon!

It's a great HM slave, has the great Pickup ability (very useful in gen 3). And furthermore, there are the least chances of being poisoned ;-)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Okay so you assign each team member as a Pokemon.
    At least ne person in every role.
    Organise their team into the following roles.

From this, you could choose Pokemon that AREN'T listed, because it doesn't specify that each team member has to be in each role, only as a Pokemon that can have a role, not those roles in particular. Since one Pokemon is being chosen, just stick one person in each category - 7 Pokemon only, so at most only 1/7 gets poisoned. You could make the other members any other Pokemon and you wouldn't incur a penalty, because it technically doesn't say that it has to be those roles in particular for each Pokemon. By listing everyone we risk losing more people than we need to.

I've actually thought about this and I'm considering it, though that sentence is very unclear.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • If that's the case, assuming we get one more point, we could save the poisoned member with aninvincibility token.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I can either PM the list with only the pokemon specified, a list with one each of the pokemon specified and then a few different ones, or both lists. What do you think?

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Is this color better? Anyway, I'm willing to be any pokemon for Team Spheal. Although Zigzagoon isn't my favorite pokemon and the thread states:

I don't wanna be a Zigzagoon

So I'll be that. Chip chop and hopefully we can get this done soon.

Years
  • Wigglytuff

Metagross would be preferable for me, but I guess I'm ok with being a Salamence if I can't be a Metagross. I don't really understand the significance of this yet, so I can't say much.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • I honestly have no idea what this is for. This could be a deliberate attempt to poison a bunch of volunteers, the next challenge could force us to go with only the people listed in a certain category to compete, or a whole bunch of other stuff.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Yay i'ma a Zigzagoon! (OBVIOUS SARCASM)
    I really think the pokemon serve a role, see, perhaps it's secretly a rating system...that the team representative needs to make of who he'll think win the survivor.
    Just sayin', it ain't a bad conclusion.
    The zigzagoons are the ones that you think are gonna be eliminated first, and as you go up, the chances are minimizing, of course the 2 people at the highest ranks are ones you think will be at the end.

It isn't a bad theory.

Thank you for zigzagooning me.

P.S.Sorry i haven't essaged you what i want to be, this all happens when i sleep so that's annoying :( Stupid GMT+3

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • It's probably just a tool for future challenges. Like all pokemon A from team 1 go against pokemons B from team 2 and so on.

Back