• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 7: Don't Drop That Dedenne

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • So we are still a team! For this challenge, we must write a screenplay with all of us appearing with at least four lines. We can only communicate about this challenge in this thread.

Every current member of the team must have at least one appearance and four lines each

Anyone not included in the final copy is eliminated

Canon names are not required but I must be able to tell which member is which

You must figure out how to write the script within your team forum; no outside communication!

Your screenplay must loosely follow this prompt: Main character finds a magical object and can finally live their preferred lifestyle

Most creative screenplay wins!

Also, if we write a reflection blog about our GT11 experience, we earn bonus points.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • gosh darn it Wobbu, I was about to post my own thread about this. Dun ninja me. Anyways, I'll just make it a post here instead. d:

Team Spheal-
    Spoiler:

I want you, as a team, to write a screenplay. The guidelines for the screenplay are as follows:
    • Every current member of the team must have at least one appearance and four lines each
    • Anyone not included in the final copy is eliminated
    • Canon names are not required but I must be able to tell which member is which
    • You must figure out how to write the script within your team forum; no outside communication!
    • Your screenplay must loosely follow this prompt: Main character finds a magical object and can finally live their preferred lifestyle
    The most creative screenplay that follows all written guidelines wins. Finished screenplays should be private messaged to me by a team representative by 12AM July 21st. If someone other than the representative sends me a copy, it's final and nothing else will be accepted.

So today we are challenged to write a screenplay. I'm not sure if Antemortem plans to be strict with the script being in a "proper" screenplay format, but here's a wikipedia article and another resource or two just in case.

This is certainly an interesting challenge, to say the least. I'm sure it doesn't have to be the greatest piece of writing in the world, so nobody should be intimidated by that.

I think this is a challenge I can be more helpful in, thankfully. Writing is my game and I had to write a screenplay for my Creative Writing class rather recently, so I think I can get a handle on this.

Let's start with the prompt.

Main character finds a magical object and can finally live their preferred lifestyle.​

This first begs the question, who wants to be the main character? After that's decided, we can decide on the object and the overall story of the screenplay.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'll be the antagonist tho! I'll be the Queen of Shipping that wants to take that power and use it for her nefarious shipping dreams!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • How about we quick set up a character list? Like, we have nine people requitred to have active roles. We know we have a main character. We probably could throw in two sidekicks/friends of MC. Surely we need some sort of conflict- perhaps there is an evil mind behind this event, and a minion or two? And a few wisdom-giving supporting cast. Like with this prompt I'm thinking-MC gets magical object and completely changes up their life. Evil person has given MC this thing because some prophecy said if MC continued in the direction they were going, MC would have come between Evil person and whatever their goal was. or something idk.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Or we could make it pokémon related and have the magical object be something that gives a normal person access to the pokémon world? It could still work with that prophecy thing, but it would be something more like PMD where they bring in a hero from another world to save them. d:

Wobbu

Years
  • Can the magical item please be a Dedenne? In which case, the main character drops the Dedenne and chaos ensues.

The main character shall be named Ayy, and he or she has been raised by the phrase, "Don't drop that Dedenne, Ayy!"

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • If that goes through then you're clearly the main character lmao
    otherwise? totally needs to be a spheal

I like the idea of going into the Pokémon world. I'm not a fan of the bringing someone from ~outside to save the world tho. I think it's kind of boring and automatically places far too much importance on the main character. I like more inexplicit themes. and the hero beginnig as unknowing rather than unwilling idk. (and i generally find no interest in the hero who accepts and enjoys being the hero lol)

Nakuzami

Years
  • Whatever it is we're probably going to have to keep it relatively short, so nothing too complex. We're going to have nine characters, meaning a minimum of thirty-six lines. That's not very long at all, but I think we should set the max as about twice that or 150% of it, so about seventy-two or eighty-eight lines. So let's come up with something that can be told with a minimum of thirty-two lines and a max of eighty-eight! (decently sized lines, at least. It can be longer if necessary, I just don't want to make it too lengthy)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • man that's still really short haha but okay. i dont think length will be a problem at all if someone really wants to sit down and write. we can pretty much tell anything within that if we do it right; it means no worldbuilding basically but we dont need that anyway. if we stick to defining characters with two or three tropes that would help as well- one trope for their role and another one or two for their personality/relationships. really we need a list of who is in what role and which tropes/characteristics are most applicable to them and that role

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Ooh, forgot about the idea of tropes. Anyway, would it be a good idea to use some sort of finished work to stem ideas from? o3o

Wobbu

Years
  • If it doesn't interfere with our creativity, then I think it would be fine to base our story off of another work.

Are we going with the Don't Drop That Dedenne thing? Because I was actually serious about that haha

Nakuzami

Years
  • Ooh, forgot about the idea of tropes. Anyway, would it be a good idea to use some sort of finished work to stem ideas from? o3o

What'd you have in mind?

Anyways, once we have an idea about where we want to go with this thing, I'd be happy to handle most of the writing and then we can all edit it later, unless someone else wants to assist with the bulk of the work as well.

Oh, the Don't Drop the Dedenne thing would be . . . funny. I'll wait until everyone else weighs in on it. But there's really no reason to base it off of another work, though, unless it were to be a parody of sorts.

Wobbu

Years
  • If we do go with the Dedenne thing, I'm perfectly fine with being Ayy, though Anna is also a big Dedenne fan so she could also make for a good main character. But you guys can go your own direction with the story. The Dedenne dropping part would just be the beginning of the rising action of the plot, whereas everything before and after are up to your imaginations. Also we don't have to call the main character Ayy if you guys think that sounds ridiculous haha

I think Ludicolo should be an antagonist, and Spheal a protagonist. Spheal obvs helps the main character take care of Ludi.

How do we represent ourselves in the screenplay? Are we supposed to base them off of our actual selves or do we just say something like "Ayy likes Wobbuffet" to denote who the character is based off of?

I honestly can't help a lot with the writing; the only thing I could do that would help would be editing and maybe tweaking some of scenes a little bit. Writing isn't my forte...

Years
  • I think any character would work for me if it had "Guildmaster" in front of the name.
    I don't have a preference about the story. I'd be fine with the Dedenne thing, although I find it a bit odd. I can't think of anything better, so whatever works.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • What'd you have in mind?

I think some TV show/cartoon/anime series have something we can base things on. I'm not too sure though.

Honestly, reading Wobbu's post with the Ludicolo antagonist makes me think: what if Spheal could learn Freeze-Dry? 4x effective against a Ludicolo - will easily take care of it.

Nakuzami

Years
  • The only thing is that we have to be the characters. Like, if we were to have a Spheal as a character, one of us would be the Spheal. We'd just state that when first introducing the character. For example:

CHRISTOS, a Spheal with a burning rivalry against all things Ludicolo, walked onto the scene.

Then all subsequent lines would be labeled "CHRISTOS," but you should be picturing him as a Spheal.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Haha this is progressing well. Christos is def a Spheal lmao. and Leijon will play the evil Ludicolo of course. Should we be goig the PMD route tho? We gotta remember to be pretty different from those if we want creativity points.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Don't Drop that Dedenne! I love that. I'm terrible at dialogues and stuff but I could come up with some ideas.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Christ almighty okay nobody is doing anything pls help guys im on my phone and using mobile internet and it takes me ten minutes to post anything and im still posting this much??? um. anyway im assigning characters right damn now. everyone is a pokemon i guess pmd style os what we're going with
    nakuzami - the narrator (who is a character in their own right if done correctly)
    wobbu - the MC; a wobbuffet named ayy if you realy want lmao
    christos - the spheal sidekick who knows whats going on with the evil ludicolo
    leijon - evil ludicolo
    marisa - a lombre minion
    guildmaster wigglytuff - a wise wigglytuff who advises the mc on the dangers of this magic crap
    nica - the neutral magical herdier who enchants the dedenne due to wobbus wishes and shows him how much his path in the world matters
    olli and anna - a pidgey and a marill who are negatively affected in some way by the evil

im seeing a cross between pmd, its a wonderful life, and a sondheim thing lol

Back