• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Challenge suggestions for SoulSilver

MaClaw32019

Garbodor Fan
Years
  • I want to do a challenge run in soul silver(including kanto as i actually never beat kanto or red) but not sure what challenge to do. Obviously no wifi required challenges because well you know even on the 3DS you can't get connected to DS wifi services. I'm not a very competitive player mind you, i more play for fun and just to test myself and see where i need to improve and stuff, i know i need to improve on my type chart knowledge, i only got about 1/3 remembered easily(mostly the really logical ones like water beats fire, fire beats grass, you neutralize electricity by grounding it, a good fighter can break steel and rocks, charizard is quad weak to rock because it's killing 2 types with 1 stone-a play on the phrase killing 2 birds with 1 stone because of charizard fire/flying type, and those other examples). Any suggestion welcome for either a challenge or a way to help with the type chart. I own several other pokemon games as well, but i really want to do a challenge in soul silver since it's the oldest main series I have. The oldest game I own for pokemon is actually explorers of darkness(that came out before sinnoh games right?). Anyway suggestions are welcome. I will keep this tab open as i play some pokemon showdown.

Years
  • Hi, we have List of Active Challenges that might help you decide. If you want challenges that are easy to understand and to play I recommend trying Monotype Challenge, in which you pick one type and can only use Pokémon of that type to beat the game (might help you with your type chart knowledge), Monocolour Challenge, in which you pick one colour and can only use Pokémon of that colour to beat the game or The Ones That Got Away, in which you list some Pokémon you always wanted to use, but never got around to actually use them and someone else picks a team out of these Pokémon for you.

For challenges with more complicated rules, I recommend The Lampent Challenge, in which you can only use each Pokémon for set amount of levels, Galar Football Championship Challenge, in which each of your Pokémon gets special role based on their nature or The Time Warp Challenge, in which you pick a time era and get special rules based on that era.

Back