• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Change Pokémon's gender [Pokémon Emerald]

Years
    • Age 23
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen Jun 23, 2021
    Is there a way to change the gender of a Pokémon, for es. Wally's Gardevoir to a female?
    I tried with HTU but there's no option for that

Last edited:
    Years
  • Gender is saved in the personality value of a Pokémon, which is a 32 bit value which holds gender, nature, size, etc. Modifying the value after it's been set usually results in a bad egg. If you're doing binary hacking, then it will take a good deal of asm to set it so that a specific Pokémon is always a certain gender. I wouldn't invest too much time into this unless having a Pokémon be a specific gender is very important to whatever you're doing.

Years
    • Age 23
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen Jun 23, 2021
    Gender is saved in the personality value of a Pokémon, which is a 32 bit value which holds gender, nature, size, etc. Modifying the value after it's been set usually results in a bad egg. If you're doing binary hacking, then it will take a good deal of asm to set it so that a specific Pokémon is always a certain gender. I wouldn't invest too much time into this unless having a Pokémon be a specific gender is very important to whatever you're doing.

Oh, I see. Thank you ♡

Years
  • Is there a way to change the gender of a Pokémon, for es. Wally's Gardevoir to a female?
    I tried with HTU but there's no option for that

Not sure how to edit a trainer's pokemon but if you have Dizzy's Hacked Engine then you can actually have a script attached to an NPC to switch your pokemon's gender like this one here:
    Spoiler:

Back