• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Change temporaly Shiny rate of all pokémon to 50% with switch

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    Good morning/afternoon/night, I want to know how to change temporaly the shiny rate of all pokemon to 50% with a switch. I searched a lot and i don't get the solution to my problem. Can someone help me in this problem.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    i already looked there, but i dont't know how to add the rate for that switch. I searched in some parts of pokecommunity and nothing helps me really. Also saying me to see that don't tell me how to add the switch's own shiny rate. Can someone tell me seriosly how to do it, and don't say see in that script section, not all of us know about scripting at all. Only say the script and where it goes or explain it step by step of how to add it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    Hey there,
    I assume you are using essentials version 18. In "PField_EncounterModifiers" you can find this:
    Spoiler:
    Changing it to this will get your wanted result:
    Spoiler:

Additionally don't be thrown off, if somebody doesn't tell you the exact way of implementing a feature. Part of creating a game is learning about new things and the best way to do that, is by yourself. Of course it's fine to ask for help if you don't know how to pull something off, but maybe try to really push yourself first. Learning by doing. :) I think Golisopod User had the same on their mind when they only gave you a hint on how to adress your problem.
    Also I'd recommend you to dive into the basics of Ruby before starting to code. A good place for this is:https://www.tutorialspoint.com/ruby/index.htm
    Good luck with your fan game :)

Back