• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Change Zigzagoon battle at start of Emerald to a different Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    Hi there, complete noob here. I had a search and found this post;

To change the Zigzagoon you fight in Emerald immediately after picking your starter to a different mon, change the 0x90 at x32706 to half the index number of the mon you want. If you want a mon who index number isn't a multiple of two, simply put its (single-byte) index number there and replace the x49 at x32708 with an x00.

However - what does 'x32706' mean? Where do I see this? I've opened all of the scripts on Route 101 through AdvanceMap/XSE, and I can't find it anywhere.

On a possibly similar note, are there some scripts missing from AdvanceMap? I've gone through every scripting event in Littleroot Town, and can't find anywhere where your mom talks about dad being on TV.

Cheers

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    0x32708 is an offset. You can go to that offset in a hex editor such as HexManiacAdvance or HxD

Scripts are not missing from advance map. Some scripts are level scripts, which you can find in the header tab. If you don't know what level scripts are, look them up. Most scripting tutorials should cover them at some point

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    0x32708 is an offset. You can go to that offset in a hex editor such as HexManiacAdvance or HxD

Scripts are not missing from advance map. Some scripts are level scripts, which you can find in the header tab. If you don't know what level scripts are, look them up. Most scripting tutorials should cover them at some point

Amazing. Perfect response, thanks so much.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022

Out of curiosity, would you happen to know where the offsets of the other fixed wild battles are? e.g. legendaries/regis/Wally's Ralts?

Is there a list somewhere, or an easy way to find the offset locations?

THanks!

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Out of curiosity, would you happen to know where the offsets of the other fixed wild battles are? e.g. legendaries/regis/Wally's Ralts?

Is there a list somewhere, or an easy way to find the offset locations?

THanks!

People don't usually go looking for a single species offset, they would rather try to find the entire script for those wild battles through advance map, which is much easier. Navigate to the map those battles take place on. The script is definitely somewhere there, if not on script tiles then in the level scripts I mentioned before.
    It's also easy to check through the pokeemerald decomp, though:
    https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/tree/master/data/maps

Back