• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changes in this section

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I'm not really sure...
    I suppose scratch sprites are harder than fusions or revamps, but I'd still have a limit of 4. Or even at least 2, since a single scratch or pixel art is probably more suitable for the Spriters' Showcase.
    Or is my view just due to me refusing to make anything but scratch sprites?

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    thanx to pokecomunnity i'm getting better and better :) you can see it in my work. But i agree with the problems that some threads are opened just for 1 sprite.. These get mostly moves to the spriters showcase, but i can think that's really annoying that threads get started with just 1 sprite.. i warn some of them that they should show at least 4 sprites or it's gonna be moved..

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    I say you need at least three sprites, or one Pixel Art and a Sprite.
    I also believe that scratch sprites should be considered Pixel Art, or we could find some other name to refer to them as. You could also consider 'heavy edits' Pixel Art, but then sometimes it would be too hard to tell whether it's a 'heavy edit' or not, so we could avoid that altogether. Unless you still want to do that.

I offered to host a monthly contest a bit back. I gave up on it. Maybe we could expand upon the monthly contest. Usually it was Pixel Arts that won, or the contests were entirely Pixel Art, with the few people that sent in sprites being ignored and often not getting any votes.

I believe if the projects are scanned through you, or at least can be locked by you, it would be better. Frankly, all those projects for 'RECOLOR ALL POKEMON' projects are annoying, spammy and useless. But some of them are semi-interesting, something similar to the 'Ultimate Map Project' (Or whatever it's called) on Serebii. Something that has guidelines but still allows people to participate.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    One thing I've been thinking of...

Why aren't tilesets and such in the Pixel Projects section? They seem much more suitable for that board.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    How are they at all a project? Fakemon are as much a project as they are.
    They are a collection of Sprites as well. If we did that we might as well just merge the two boards.
    Most people who look at the main board aren't looking for maps. I think they should just go in the subforum. And then there could be tile requests. Tiles aren't sprites, and most people who come to the main forum are looking for sprites.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    Wow, members like me don't say things like that. I don't talk like that, first of all. No one does. Second of all, I only say something is great, or as you would say, "GR8!!!!!", when something really is great. I rarely give out "goods"; much less anything higher than that.

The point is, I'm not contributing to the problem. If someone wants to post decent recolors, I say go for it. If that person keeps up recoloring, it's more likely that their larger edits will be much better.

So, in conclusion, banning recolors is just a bad idea.

i more prefer construcive critism for me. I ingore things that said to be good, and i don't prefer recoloring i more like making fusemons :) Constructive Critisim i like it. It makes people getting better and better

[NovaPirate]

Years
    Most people who look at the main board aren't looking for maps. I think they should just go in the subforum. And then there could be tile requests. Tiles aren't sprites, and most people who come to the main forum are looking for sprites.

They are indeed sprites. And how do you magically know what everyone is looking for? Unless you're God in disguise I would only speak for yourself.

Tiles are indeed sprites, and if they're not sprites, they're Pixel Art, and Pixel Art goes in the Pixel Art forum. That's just how it works. Tile requests are Sprite Requests, therefore are banned.

Tiles are not projects, therefore they do not go in the Projects section. That's just how it is. If you were, per say, attempting to MAP out Johto. That's different. That's a project. But just making tiles like Don Patch, that's just like making ordinary Pokemon sprites. What Kyledove is doing right now might be considered a project. What Don Patch is doing, is not.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Why are you all arguing over something so trivial? Unless the spriter designates his/her tileset as a project then it's fine on the main board.

And no frosslass, a Sprite isn't called a sprite because it's small.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Ray I have an idea that's bloody tops.

Let people allow requests if they want to. Seriously. As soon as people start getting asked to do mixes and fusions, it'll edge them off of recolours, then when more harder requests are made, they'll push themselves harder to meet the criteria.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I believe if the projects are scanned through you, or at least can be locked by you, it would be better. Frankly, all those projects for 'RECOLOR ALL POKEMON' projects are annoying, spammy and useless. But some of them are semi-interesting, something similar to the 'Ultimate Map Project' (Or whatever it's called) on Serebii. Something that has guidelines but still allows people to participate.
    Well we don't want to just do what SPPf does :( And last time we had a project, it kinda just... died. I think projects, at least anything run through me, should wait a bit, take things a step at a time.
    Ray I have an idea that's bloody tops.

Let people allow requests if they want to. Seriously. As soon as people start getting asked to do mixes and fusions, it'll edge them off of recolours, then when more harder requests are made, they'll push themselves harder to meet the criteria.
    nyehhhhhhh, I'll have to talk about it with the upper staff members since it'll probably cause havoc for a while, what with the massive influx of requests from ROM hacking and Game Dev :(

I'll think about it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Well, most of us at Game Dev and probably those over at ROM Hacking are only interested in scratch sprites. This will lead the good scratch sprite shops (if any) to become more successful, and weed them out from the bad ones. The only fusions I can see being requested are ones by noob hackers/game makers, or trainer fusions.

Besides, I do most of my spriting myself, and most others already have a good spriter on their team. Perhaps you should make a rule that you can't ask for people to join your team here, as you can already do that in the respective forum.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Y'know, now that I think about it, Card Shops are pretty dumb. They require even less talent than the simplest and most terrible recolors. They just seem like a +1 type of topic.

[NovaPirate]

Years
    Well, Kenji's cards are okay, and since they've had a monopoly for the past month or so, I don't think we'll be dealing with any more. Usually people open up card shops to find that no one ever posts because they're all mobbing Kenji.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back