• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Changes you expect on the Rival(Silver)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    i think his clothes wont change at all..cuz i saw the pic right?where silver is standing at the lab..
    i never saw his clothes change!:o

Er, if you look at Gold's sprite in the game nothing looks to different about him either. The only difference may be his bold yellow mark from his hat, and maybe a few little glimpse of change. Though, you can only see so much in a sprite, especially that from a picture. I would safely presume his look may have a little bit of a more modern style, but kept rougly similar to that of the original Silver in GSC. For example, Gold was brushed up on a bit and he still looks very similar to the original even with his few modification. Anyway, that is all I can presume about Silver and his appearance. As for his way or words in the game, there might be a few alternations here and there, but probably nothing large to notice much of a change. What he said was perfectly fine, but there are some areas where they could brush up on what he says to make it either sound more intimidating or strong.

Evildarkkai

I didn't get a chance...
    Years
  • Give him a couple more fights, like in Kanto region, and make his close to as strong as Red as a Special boss after the 16 badges

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    With his outfit I found a picture on the internet maybe he'll look sightly like that. (It was in the Legend of Thunder's opening).

Changes you expect on the Rival(Silver)

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    MORE EVILNESS!! Yes needs to be more evil and have darker pokemon...

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Hi :cheeky:! What is the difference between heart gold and gold, and soul silver and silver?
    Changes you expect on the Rival(Silver)
    Well, Heart Gold is a remake of gold and Soul Silver is a remake of Silver. They'll be similar but the remakes will have better graphics, more features and Wi-Fi.

Alec_

Years
  • I would like to see a New Sprite/Overworld of Silver in HG&SS. Not just only that. I would also like to see his Pokemon with Sinnoh Evolutions.

~Fairytales.

Vie

Years
  • They should really improve his haircut xD some stylish haircut would be cool. And I would like to see him with a better facial expression. Also, when he changes his opinion in the end, he could get a nicer face. :3

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They should really improve his haircut xD some stylish haircut would be cool. And I would like to see him with a better facial expression. Also, when he changes his opinion in the end, he could get a nicer face. :3

For his facial expression, I say a dark smile and a tilted face will fit just right. His hair swiftly moving with the brreeze and a shift in the arm for his animation as well. This will be pretty epic to see. For his hair however, I wouldn't mind it changing, but not too drastically as its got to keep the dark and tough guy look he had back in the orignal Gold and Silver.

Only pokemon yellow was based of the anime, and this is a remake so making he having a nidoking is... possible, but doesn't fit his style, better a dark pokemon, psiquic or ghost, as he had gengar, alakazam and sneasel (and I wish in this remake, weavile).

Nidoking, I agree, probably not, but it's a possibility. Though, the Pokémon he had before were really strong, I mean if you were to check out the base stats of his team from the originals, they aren't bad at all. Plus, most of his Pokémon are now used in the OU tier, except instead of Sneasel in the OU, it's the evolution.

By the way, you never know, they may just make Silver reappear for a surprise in Kanto just for a rematch after we obtain the National Pokédex. Just like how they extended Gary's part in the game towards the Sevii Islands in FRLG, they could add in more to Silver here too. I definitely wouldn't rule out this possibility, but we'll see.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Make his otfit more chic and hot and make his hair more stylish and hime more mean.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • Well, I would like to know his reasoning behind

a) Hating Team Rocket because "they're weak".

b) Hating EVERYTHING "weak" and caring and nice, etc.

c) Being an overall douchebag.

A redesign is a must. I'm expecting it.
    I wouldn't mind a stronger team either.
    And yes. Some Backstory and development would be nice.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, I would like to know his reasoning behind

a) Hating Team Rocket because "they're weak".

b) Hating EVERYTHING "weak" and caring and nice, etc.

c) Being an overall douchebag.

A redesign is a must. I'm expecting it.
    I wouldn't mind a stronger team either.
    And yes. Some Backstory and development would be nice.

I believe at one time it was suspected that Shinji from the anime is like the some persona of Silver from HeartGold and SoulSilver. This explains everything on why Silver and Shinji [Paul] dislike having weak Pokémon and dislike those who they think are weak. Not to mention, Paul isn't the best of caring trainers in the anime and neither is Silver in the game. Their look is also very similar, for example their hair. So it is kind of a small example on why Silver dislikes weak Pokémon really. Though, it is just a basic personality for Silver that was given to him, it really doesn't need an explanation as it is just...him.

Change in design is probably a given to make him more modern. Seeing as it was done with Gold and the new female, it'll more than happen to Silver as well. I suggest they keep his deign more simplistic and rugged though, like his older version. His team getting stronger really depends on whether or not they raise the levels in the game, which is a possibility. If so, then Silver will truly live up to his name as only caring for stronger Pokémon over the weak.

Years
  • Change in design is probably a given to make him more modern. Seeing as it was done with Gold and the new female, it'll more than happen to Silver as well. I suggest they keep his deign more simplistic and rugged though, like his older version. His team getting stronger really depends on whether or not they raise the levels in the game, which is a possibility. If so, then Silver will truly live up to his name as only caring for stronger Pokémon over the weak.

I think it is a given that he'll get a new look. (I kind of wish the mailbox wasn't blocking his sprite in the picture so I can it.) I picture him with a black shirt and gray/silvery pants like last time, but probably the pants will be more like jeans or something. (I really hope they don't give Silver overalls. XD Overalls doesn't exactly scream "bad boy.") He should have higher levels to match the levels of the gyms. Maybe his Pokemon will have a better moveset this time.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • I don't want Silver to be changed much at all. An outfit revamp would be nice, and a few more hints of him being Giovanni's son perhaps, but I wouldn't want any drastric changes. And I wouldn't mind a few more appearances from him in-game either.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well I don't know how well Silver may be in the story with background story and all. I can tell you that the look of him is out, and this is him in the remakes.

Spoiler:

I'd definitely say they did a neat job with him. He's not overly done and he's kept the modern look to him now. Not to mention, he still looks rugged and mean. His hair does resemble that of the Pokéemon Chronicles intro though, which I wouldn't say is bad. His shirt is what I like the best. It is deep and suits him well.

Back