• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Changing Battle Box Graphics

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    Does anyone know how i would go about changing the battle box graphics back to default i was playing with them and they got messed up (attatched image)

Attachments

• Changing Battle Box Graphics
      Screenshot 2022-11-20 192748.png
      16.2 KB · Views: 31

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Does anyone know how i would go about changing the battle box graphics back to default i was playing with them and they got messed up (attatched image)
    You can use git checkout to revert them to their state in the latest or a previous commit.
    For example, if you wanted to restore graphics/battle_interface/textbox.png to its state in the latest commit, you'd do git checkout HEAD graphics/battle_interface/textbox.png.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    The thing is, I'm using AsparagusEduardo's Infused Emerald, and that's how it was when i built it. Do you know what files specifically i would have to revert back to the pret version?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • The thing is, I'm using AsparagusEduardo's Infused Emerald, and that's how it was when i built it. Do you know what files specifically i would have to revert back to the pret version?
    No. I mean, the file I mentioned above is the main visual asset for the battle box that contains battle commands and moves in battle.
    If resetting that file to either its state in the latest commit or its state in a previous commit didn't help, you'll have to either deal with it yourself or try to ask Eduardo directly.

セケツ

ポケハック初心者
    Years
    • Seen today
    Does anyone know how i would go about changing the battle box graphics back to default i was playing with them and they got messed up (attatched image)
    Well, I used to edit this move selection box at about several months ago in order to make a customized one for myself. Although it was finally proved to be a failure, I was still lucky to get some basic knowledge & shallow experience of how it works.
    Judging from the image provided at the beginning of this thread, Instead of only one file, I think there should be at least 3 files that had been modified & different from the original PokeEmerald.
    1. The Source Code File named "battle_controller_player.c", laid in the src folder.
    2. The Source Code File named "battle_message.c", laid in the src folder.
    3. The Tilemap file named "textbox_map.bin" laid under the path: "graphics/battle_interface/". (could be open & edited by tilemap editor only).
    However, since the Pret's PokeEmerald is a project that updates continuously. There must be some changes for the names of vars and functions during the gradual & many times of update. Moreover, since you're using other person's modified code instead of the original library to continue for your own hacking work, there must be so many differences from the original library here & there.
    Therefore, the only thing you need to do is to try to look up to the UPDATE HISTORY of all those 3 specific files I mentioned above in the source code that you cloned & used to build up this glitched .GBA file. And in there you would certainly find the files that's not modified & you can click "view & download in raw" to download it to your PC.
    Moreover, since the compeller of the PokeEmerald would check & update the files of source code by the LAST DATE when it was saved. After having downloaded all 3 the original & unmodified files from the website, you still need to open & save them for once in order to update their last modified date. or you will find nothing was changed in your newly-built file. If you still don't know how to do it, you could try to type "make clean" in your compeller, and then type "make -j○" ("○" stands for the CPU used by it, just the same as what you did to build your ROM the first time).

Last edited:
    Back