• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Changing Outfits

Setzer Gabbiani

Gambler
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Is it possible at one point in the game to switch to a different outfit? In this case, it would be that you have a starting outfit that you use for the introduction area, and sometime into the game (A few hours maybe), you would be switching into the outfit that you wear for the rest of the game. In short, there would be an intro outfit for both male and female, and then another outfit for male and female that they would wear for the rest of the game.

Is it possible to do this for the playable characters, and if so, what would be a good direction to look for how to?

GOLDstandard

Eclectic
    Years
  • Is it possible at one point in the game to switch to a different outfit? In this case, it would be that you have a starting outfit that you use for the introduction area, and sometime into the game (A few hours maybe), you would be switching into the outfit that you wear for the rest of the game. In short, there would be an intro outfit for both male and female, and then another outfit for male and female that they would wear for the rest of the game.

Is it possible to do this for the playable characters, and if so, what would be a good direction to look for how to?

Do a search for JPAN's Hacked fire red engine as it allows for you to change the overworld sprite of the protagonist in a script, so if you wanted to make several overworlds for the same protagonist, i'm pretty sure you could cycle through the different "clothes" whenever you wanted.

Setzer Gabbiani

Gambler
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    This seems like it will work, after looking into the hacked engine a bit. I was reading the documentation for it, and you are right that it is able to do so.

However, where can I find the tutorial to write a script for it? I might have missed it while scanning the document included in the folder.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    You're hacking Fire Red correct? There's a spanish document in WAH that explains it. If you want it I'll leave a link here, but I'm gonna translate it soon anyways.

Setzer Gabbiani

Gambler
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    You're hacking Fire Red correct? There's a spanish document in WAH that explains it. If you want it I'll leave a link here, but I'm gonna translate it soon anyways.

Sure thing, I have a few friends who know decent enough Spanish to help me understand it. That would be great if you could link me.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    While there's a topic on this I found something interesting. Surely there HAS TO be a way of doing this without the Hacked Engine (I didn't use it and really want to learn how to do this and I'm sick of people telling me the only way is the FRHE), was looking through the old ROM hacking newsletters and I found this:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4216237&postcount=300

Please correct me if I'm wrong cause I might've totally misunderstood the info, but isn't the way in the above link (in the "Tips & Tricks" section) a way of doing temporary sprite change without the hacked engine? I'm too far into my hack to start over again with it. Thanks for anyone who can let me know! =)

Back