• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing pokeballs!

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Anyone else agree it'd be cool to be able to switch over the pokeball it's in once you caught it? (But can't reuse it, due to masterball) Like putting a pokemon caught in a pokeball into a luxury ball[/SIZE]

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Since the way you talked about this makes it sound like you're solely talking about the game mechanic, sending this to PGC. :)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I always to have more Pokemon in a heal ball but it's catch rate is so low, so I'd love to change what Pokeball my captured Pokemon were in.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I always capture my Pokemon in Pokeballs, but it kinda sucks sometimes cause it gets real hard since the capture rate is low. I like the way a normal Pokeball looks, so I always capture a Pokemon in a regular Pokeball. I hate using Great Balls and Ultra Balls. I don't even like using Masterballs! So, I guess it would be cool to be able to capture in an Ultra Ball and transfer to a Pokeball.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Under normal circumstances, I use Ultra/Master/Dusk Balls for legendaries, but I think it would be fun to transfer my legendaries from those balls to regular Poke Balls for the lulz, since I very rarely catch legendaries within them.

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]
    PlatinumDude:6893731 said:
    Under normal circumstances, I use Ultra/Master/Dusk Balls for legendaries, but I think it would be fun to transfer my legendaries from those balls to regular Poke Balls for the lulz, since I very rarely catch legendaries within them.

Haha, I actually caught Ho-oh, Kyurem, and Azelf in regular pokeballs lol, I was shocked to see it as sometimes it ends up that a regular ball gets more shakes than an ultra[/SIZE]

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • Hey, wasn't this in the Manga somewhere? I recall being able to recapture a Poké in a different ball.
    I think it's a good idea; you could coordinate your team to match, haha. Or put legendaries in regular balls...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It is indeed a desirable feature, if only because I always found its absence rather contrived.
    Having my entire main team in premier balls would be pretty cool.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • Yes, it's one of the features that Game Freak has heard about from the community but yet adds other stupid stuff instead.

I've always personally wanted this, at least for the balls that have special properties. I see no reason to catch things in heal balls if they're just going to be sent to the PC or I'm going to heal them anyway.

I also sometimes hate the look of some Pokeballs and want the Pokeballs to match the personalities.

Back