• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Changing the location of png palettes

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    When inserting a palette into a gba rom the color which is first in the palette is ignored, and used as a transparant background.

What I have been trying to do for the last couple of days is to insert sprites into firered with a transparant background, without ignoring any other color, the issue is that the color of the background is not first in the palette index. So when inserted the wrong color is chosen as transparency.

Is there any way I can change the index of the palettes, without also changing the color attached to the pixels of the image?

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Download a program called Usenti. It has a feature which allows you to swap the order of the colours in the palette.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Download a program called Usenti. It has a feature which allows you to swap the order of the colours in the palette.

Thank you so much, this program is exactly what i needed! It is awesome! I didn't think I would find something as appropriate as this for the given task. I still have ways to go to, and I'm sure I'm going to encounter issues, but I finally feel like I can make this work.

Back