• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Changing XSE script view

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2020
    Hi there,
    im giving my first steps in pokemon hacking right now, and through all of my "problems", this one is the most annoying...

So, when I enter a script in XSE it looks like this:

Spoiler:

But after compiling and opening it again, it will look like this:

Spoiler:

Why is all that "organisation" and notes for!? Even son commands are different now... :why: I do understand why the pointers became offsets tho.

But, is there a way to get it to look a bit more like the original?

Maybe it is just confusing because I'am a newbie... but it really is a big time consumer when I'm testing or editing new scripts.

Cheers

Years
  • Hi there,
    im giving my first steps in pokemon hacking right now, and through all of my "problems", this one is the most annoying...

So, when I enter a script in XSE it looks like this:

Spoiler:

But after compiling and opening it again, it will look like this:

Spoiler:

Why is all that "organisation" and notes for!? Even son commands are different now... :why: I do understand why the pointers became offsets tho.

But, is there a way to get it to look a bit more like the original?

Maybe it is just confusing because I'am a newbie... but it really is a big time consumer when I'm testing or editing new scripts.

Cheers
    So here's the thing about pointers and offsets. When you save them to a ROM, they aren't dynamic anymore (@ means dynamic, can change to find free space). Instead, they use pointers. The 'offsets' you're seeing in XSE are actually a simplified way of showing you a pointer.
    here's an example
    Spoiler:

As far as the various comments, you can hit Ctrl + D, and it'll show you a new window. You can change the view to Strict to get rid of the MSG_NORMAL stuff, and you can turn off comments, but I don't know why you would.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2020
    Thanks :wink:, this basically lets me to copy-paste with no need for post editing, and makes it much easier for me to read the script.

Years
  • Thanks :wink:, this basically lets me to copy-paste with no need for post editing, and makes it much easier for me to read the script.
    If you want to edit the script and stuff if it's broken, I suggest you save as to get a .rbc file of that script. That way you can make as many edits as you want before inserting.

Back