• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing your name after marriage

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I once saw a tumblr post that said we should just mash the names together into a bad shipping name every time someone gets married. So John Smith marrying Jane Doe would make them John and Jane Doth or John and Jane Smoe. And that sounds far more interesting! I somewhat doubt the government would like it if I did that, though, and knowing me I'd end up with the last name Cooties or something so maybe that's for the best.

I haven't really given this any thought since I've never been in a relationship (nevermind a serious one) before. It seems really weird at first thought to change my name, something that's been my identity for years and years, but I also know it's surprisingly easy to get used to drastic changes so I don't feel like it would be a very big deal.

edit: man I just realized I'd have to change my signature if I changed my name and now I'm not on board with it at all. I can barely write it properly after 24 years of this name, nevermind starting over with a new one.

Back