• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Chaos Black (1337 march '05)

How many hacks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mintybobo

>.< So... Hungry.....
    Years
    um okay....... nice hack, want to try it when i can..... anyways, you can find this game everywhere in china.... i'm not sure if it is legal or anything but it looks real so the officials don't do anything. I was really suprised to see it there, and was thinking about buying it.

PS- how did they get the file into a cartridgte and still make a profit by selling it around 15 us dollars?

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    mintybobo said:
    um okay....... nice hack, want to try it when i can..... anyways, you can find this game everywhere in china.... i'm not sure if it is legal or anything but it looks real so the officials don't do anything. I was really suprised to see it there, and was thinking about buying it.

PS- how did they get the file into a cartridgte and still make a profit by selling it around 15 us dollars?

i dont know, but they have their ways, and pirate games have been around for decades.

BuoyselLover

Banned
    Years
    No kidding. ChaosBlack was stolen and sold? That sucks... I think, on pokemon.com, one of the MailBag letters asked about ChaosBlack @_@ The webmaster said it was a fake game, blah blah blah... Now that Nintendo knows about it... It could be bad...
    Um, anyway, keep up the good work, Enix-Zae!

Kaeru_ike

Teruki - Miku - Bou - Kanon
    Years
    Well... The flash linker system and a laser printer makes it easy. They put the Rom into a cassette with a linker and makes the box with the laser printer. Even i could do that. But... IM NOT THAT IDIOTIC! Making a pirate game of an alpha^O^ Some chinese dude is STOOOOPIIIID!

Jeremy???

Josh is my Pearl Name
    Years
    man, i wish the flash linker was cheap, but it most definately isn't.
    btw, HI enix! Shame about those chinese guys/gals pirating CB, but they'll get arrested soon enough! yay!
    ~Lil Kalki

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    Jeremy??? said:
    man, i wish the flash linker was cheap, but it most definately isn't.
    btw, HI enix! Shame about those chinese guys/gals pirating CB, but they'll get arrested soon enough! yay!
    ~Lil Kalki

Yeah, i have a flash linker tho. bout 120 AUD (88 USD)

but, im glad to see that this thread acctually can get posts within a month, unlike a couple of months ago.

And, i dont know where to download it, look around and you WILL find it. Ive seen it plenty of places, but its the patched, not the patch, so i cant tell you the link.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    Ho! Seems like I'm not the only one who noticed a certain demo phrase hack was being pirated! And you said it came from China? They must have been some large exporters to have exported it to the South East Asian country of Malaysia, cuz my friend owns one of these pirated cartridges. And he was convinced it was an official game too, wait till I print out this page .... Well, I don't like to give credit to fan made game piraters, but that actually gave me an idea of how your game is like. I've never played it before, and I have to say(in a strange way, since this would also be crediting the pirateers ><), Im impressed. The most impressing part was that your trade feature actually worked, I managed to trade my Haunter & Kadabra, and got them back as Alakazam & Gengar without a single problem. It appears as thought they had made a pirated version of your beta/demo version, thought why they picked your game in particular still puzzles me. After all, there are dozens of fan games out there, why yours in particular?

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    because im superior to all!

anyway, back in the real world, just gotta wait for mewthree to finish creating a new event. Ill probably put mt moon back in the game (remapped this time tho). With water blocking the end again XD

but thats because im not very nice.

It will be an area there just to train your pokemon tho.

and the trading system is a fluke. When i finish the beta, you wont be able to do it like that then. I hadent replaced those pokemon back then, thats all

oh, by the way all, do you want to see the origanal pokemon starters in the game or not (charmander, totodile ect..)

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    You mean your new Beta that the chinese pirates are gonna sell isn't going to be able to trade a Thundershock Bulbasaur to my FireRed? Thats too bad...Maybe I should just ask my pal to restart his ChaosBlack and trade one to me, since he can't progress further anyway.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    hey you must admit... the final evo to Magid is great, don't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    DarkArcz said:
    You mean your new Beta that the chinese pirates are gonna sell isn't going to be able to trade a Thundershock Bulbasaur to my FireRed? Thats too bad...Maybe I should just ask my pal to restart his ChaosBlack and trade one to me, since he can't progress further anyway.
    oh, you mean like that. Then you can still thundershock your bulbasaur, so dont worry.
    Samson said:
    hey you must admit... the final evo to Magid is great, don't it?

yeah! (astrix's are cooool) its one of my favorites. Its origanal sprites from supevo arent as good tho, but each sprite has been cooler and cooler.
    oh, and you have some pretty cool sprites there in your fakemon thread i noticed. I would be proud to put them in the area after #151. But never without your permission XD

ill post a list of what to expect from the beta later tonight.

and you didnt answer my question. Do you want the origanal pokemon starters to be obtainable in this game. YES or NO or ONLY SOME

Last edited by a moderator:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    *shrug* i dunno, surprise us lol. maybe charmander because people can't survive without their charizards... oh ok, how about one from each generation? but then again, blastoise kicks butt... well, how bout some. oh and thanks, but i'm currently running out of ideas for pokemon to draw. it's like all the ideas are gone lol. but yeah, sure, feel free to use them but if you need back sprites, i'll have to study the art of back-spriting sometime soon heh...

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    i can probably do backsprites, so dont worry about it and such.

so, you want to have the starters then. ok, its settled!

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    Starters are OK but I think for the rest of the game, it's better to just have your fakemon. Gives it a more original feel. You could add starters from all regions(Johto,Kanto,Hoenn) and maybe chuck in a couple of original legendaries into the storyplot, cuz your featured pokemon kinda reminds me of Mewtwo, and a Mewtwo based fakemon wouldnt be complete without a Mew/ Mew based fakemon XD

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    Starters are OK but I think for the rest of the game, it's better to just have your fakemon. Gives it a more original feel. You could add starters from all regions(Johto,Kanto,Hoenn) and maybe chuck in a couple of original legendaries into the storyplot, cuz your featured pokemon kinda reminds me of Mewtwo, and a Mewtwo based fakemon wouldnt be complete without a Mew/ Mew based fakemon XD

mew is in it, and has a prevo, puurk

puurk can evolve into mew, mewtwo, mewthree and mewtrance (the strongest), although mewthree can evolve also (i think its evo is the one you were talking about, coz i normaly associate metagon with cb)

Some old pokemon are around, like all the starters, corsola + evo, aipom + evo, prevo of gligar + gligar (with better stats and moves) and a few others i cant remember.

there are still a three of legendaries, this time being the three legendary ghosts (ground, ice and cant remember the other one XD)

anyway, 14

EDIT>

yay, intro's done ( no more nidorino and gengar)

and ive made the (first) world map

so look fowards to it. Coming soonish!

good to see this thread is active....

Last edited:

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years

mew is in it, and has a prevo, puurk

puurk can evolve into mew, mewtwo, mewthree and mewtrance (the strongest), although mewthree can evolve also (i think its evo is the one you were talking about, coz i normaly associate metagon with cb)

Some old pokemon are around, like all the starters, corsola + evo, aipom + evo, prevo of gligar + gligar (with better stats and moves) and a few others i cant remember.

there are still a three of legendaries, this time being the three legendary ghosts (ground, ice and cant remember the other one XD)

anyway, 14

EDIT>

yay, intro's done ( no more nidorino and gengar)

and ive made the (first) world map

so look fowards to it. Coming soonish!

good to see this thread is active....

Edit// 2 month bump, yo

and resprited and inserted the trees

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I have heard that this hack was going to be out October 13... so was that just a rumor, or did something happen that set the hack back?

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    yes, many things happened to set the hack back. But im glad they did, because ive had a chance to do some stuff while fixing and stuff so it made the hack better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back