• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Chaos Dreams: Party like it's 1999!

Years

• 🌺ALOHA! Welcome to the FLOWER region! 🌺

Chaos Dreams: Party like it's 1999!

New Region & Old Faces!

Explore the brand new vibrant region of FLOWER in all its breezy glory! The large region is divided into two brand new sub areas, Tropical Southern Johto and the more Temperate Sinjoh! Many characters from the original Johto region have migrated to this new region, and many faces from other existing regions will make an appearance as well! This is an exploration based game, so I hope you explore every apple and pineapple of the region! Lots of secrets and joys await you!

Spoiler:

BRAND NEW POKEMON!

In these mysterious lands, you will encounter many new friends! About 70 new additions have been added to the roster of 900 already existing Pokémon in the game. These new monsters consist of both scrapped Pokémon from long ago and entirely new critters to catch!

"Flowa!"

Spoiler:

NEW MEGA EVOLUTIONS!

Along with every previous mega evolution being present in the game, there are almost 40 brand new forms to catch! These mega evolutions can be obtained in a very special way, by participating in the brand new battle format known as mighty battles.

Spoiler:

MIGHTY BATTLES!

Trainers all around the FLOWER region participate in a mighty battles! These battles consist of 2 versus 1 battles against abnormally strong Pokémon! By defeating mighty Pokémon, you will obtain new items as well as mega stones! Mighty Pokémon are always roaming around the region, so make sure you keep an eye out on them!

Spoiler:

12 GYMS!

This game has many gyms, all of which have their own unique spin on how their battles work. Some set up weather or terrain, and some have some really nasty tricks up their sleeves. Always be prepared for the many surprises they have!

Spoiler:

POSTGAME!

AWW! Isn't Giratina adorable?
    The party doesn't stop once you've become champion! There's insanely tough gym leader rematches for you to take on, as well as the legendary hunt! Legendary Pokémon start hiding all around the region like easter eggs, and you will have to defeat them in mighty battles in order to gain the ability to catch them! Some legendaries will make an appearance before the post game, such as Darkrai and Latias!

Spoiler:

The game also includes buffs that some Pokémon really needed! Like for example, pachiritsu can now learn bolt strike! (wait what?!)

This game wouldn't exist at all without the help of these amazing people

CREDITS

Spoiler:

Chaos Dreams has a discord server! You can join it by clicking the link below!

I have spent months and months pouring out my heart and soul to make this beautiful game. I really hope you all enjoy it and have a blast!

Download

Last edited:
    Years
  • Edit: After listening to some positive criticisms, version 1.1 has been released!

• Changed the graphics of the palm trees and cacti to fit more into the 8-bit style
    • Removed the cut tree from EXIL FOREST
    • Made the early game gift Pokémon optional
    • Added a working PC to the players room
    • Changed the music of one of the bosses to be more fitting
    • The ledges now work as they're supposed to
    • Changed clefairy's pokedex entry to be more fitting with the rest of the game
    • The meowth family now has access to the gambler ability!

Thank you all for playing! This update isn't major so if you're playing now you shouldn't have to worry about updating!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh wow! This seems very interesting, nice to see a full length game using the GSC essentials engine. I'm definitely going to give this a spin. I've always been a sucker for gen 2.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Sorry for the double post, but could you please provide an alternate download link since Mediafire is blocked for me Really looking forward to playing this. Thanks!

Years
  • Sorry for the double post, but could you please provide an alternate download link since Mediafire is blocked for me Really looking forward to playing this. Thanks!

Heres the new link!

Version 1.2 is now live! A few changes and bug fixes have been made
    • Anabel doesn't display her lose text to the player unless they defeat her now
    • Mighty Wishiwashi gives out the eviolite instead of the everstone
    • Added collision to the cherry town pokecenter
    • Moved around some NPC trainers for player convenience
    • CrayCray and the fire starter line can learn retaliate by TM
    • Tentacruel now gets gunk shot, and learns sludge wave much earlier
    • Stat buff for octillery to match its new Water/Steel typing

Thank you all for enjoying my game! It's make me so happy to see people having a blast with it!
    I switched the download link website to MEGA as tons of people were reporting issues with media fire.

Last edited:
    Years
  • How does Exp. Share work in this game?? And how crazy is the level curve?

The exp share works on the full team and is optional like how it is in the 3ds game
    the level curve is extremely balanced with a level cap at the same level as the gym leaders and steadily goes up to 100 as you make it to the end of the game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    The exp share works on the full team and is optional like how it is in the 3ds game
    the level curve is extremely balanced with a level cap at the same level as the gym leaders and steadily goes up to 100 as you make it to the end of the game

When do you get the exp. share in the game?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I would advise against getting two pokemon at the sametime like that when you get your starter, it makes t harder to get good natures and IVs.

Years
  • I would advise against getting two pokemon at the sametime like that when you get your starter, it makes t harder to get good natures and IVs.

I definitely see where you're coming from. The reason I put the slowpoke there was for story related reasons that will be explained later in the game! Also this game doesn't have any grinding so natures and ivs don't matter too much.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I understand, but considering hiddenpower and all it is fairly important but still, good to know.

BTW is the dialogue also seems....kinda flat to me. If thats intentional thas fine but the dialogue took me out of the game so it was a bit jarring.

Years
  • I understand, but considering hiddenpower and all it is fairly important but still, good to know.

BTW is the dialogue also seems....kinda flat to me. If thats intentional thas fine but the dialogue took me out of the game so it was a bit jarring.

I tried to make the dialogue more entertaining because I'm really bored of the generic dialogue in most modern pokemon games and wanted to make the npcs worth taking to, to make the players laugh and have a good time. I really wanted to suprise people with the game and make something totally different from other fangames (that are also great games btw)
    Basically I want people to remember Chaos Dreams even long after they have completed it.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I see, I like that idea its just a few of the quotes were a touch jarring and in some ways almost came off as a poorly thought out parody. Parody can be difficult so I wont fault you on that at all, but it might help to try to make it seem a bit more natural. As it is now it almost appears like you're trying too hard with the jokes, but thats my opinion

Years
  • I see, I like that idea its just a few of the quotes were a touch jarring and in some ways almost came off as a poorly thought out parody. Parody can be difficult so I wont fault you on that at all, but it might help to try to make it seem a bit more natural. As it is now it almost appears like you're trying too hard with the jokes, but thats my opinion

I see where you're coming from. I honestly tried to make the humor not jarring but still funny/entertaining lol. I guess silly dialogue isn't everyones cup of tea. If you want to play without reading the dialogue you can put the text on fast in the options.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    comedy is subjective ultimately, its one of the hardest art forms to do without it falling flat or even making yourself look bad. Dont feel too bad over it, just keep trying. I'm sure you can find the right medium for your intended goal. I've seen other fan projects do what you intended to go for and they did it pretty well. I think a good case study you should consider is Postscriptum: Fated Epistle, as its dialogue leans toward the dark for a story-based game experiance but it carries itself toward a satiric comedy of the pokemon franchise's overall premise in turn.

Granted you aren't likely to go toward a super heavy story, but the game's dialogue is perhaps the best example I can think of with regards to satire and parody in the fangame community. I'd give concrete examples but I don't wanna spoil plot points to an unrelated game here. But one thing I can remark on is it makes jokes about how NPC trainers appear rabid and over-eager to battle you sometimes.

Last edited:
    Back