• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ChaosCrown [Gen 3 - Adv OU]

dresden_88

Warden
Years
  • Hi guys, it'smeeee again :D

so, i've been intentionally withholding this team's info for a bit because i've been testing it near religiously xD

so, a few of you have had the privilege of seeing it in action, a few of you have stomped holes in it, and have had it do the stomping (on rare occasion). it is definitely my favourite team that i've made (was my first team too!). i have it also posted over on PO forums, so you can find me there as well for additional feedback since i try to get advice from a wide range of people.
    but enough of my babbling,

here is "ChaosCrown"

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Double-Edge

Gardevoir (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Wish
    - Roar
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam

Heracross @ Leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Brick Break
    - Megahorn
    - Rock Slide

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 106 HP / 252 Def / 150 SpA
    - Aromatherapy
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Dugtrio (F) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Arena Trap
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Aerial Ace
    - Hidden Power [Bug]

team roles;

aerodactyl does a nice job as an opener in my opinion, given the fact it is a choice-bander, it can cause quite a large splash coming right out of the gate. granted, aero is a bit of a high-risk/high-reward opener, which makes it heavily oriented around prediction and a high gamble.

gardevoir, as you can probably figure out by now, is my favourite pokemon. thus, she is featured in this team. she has a mixed roll involving careful predictions for using will-o-wisp to cripple physical sweepers, and she, herself acts as a heavy special attacker. i've come to terms that gardevoir is another high-risk pokemon in my team, and her survival is heavily isolated in the land of prediction and careful setup.

vaporeon fulfills a very useful role in this lineup, by acting as a supporter by use of Wish, and as a PHazer as well (because FK YOU curselax!!). additionally, i've found vaporeon to work very well in tandem with blissey as a clerical duo with a good setup. furthermore, vaporeon just happens to be a bit of a nuisance due to its bulkiness.

heracross lends his physical strength to the team, with a nice type coverage and heavy attacks, swords dance makes it a viable, and high-paced threat immediately.

blissey, as everyone should know (even we, the novice players), is a cleric pokemon that can take a hell of a lot of punishment from special attackers. she works beautifully in tandem with vaporeon, and sports the famous "boltbeamer" combo on top of her standard cleric moves.

dugtrio, what more can i say other than "revenge killer" ? duggy is more than fast enough to out-run many a common threat if used at the right time. when used prematurely, duggy goes down depressingly fast.

team overview;
    all in all, as i continue to make adjustments to the team, and gain a bit more practice; chaoscrown grows a bit stronger.
    a few major issues i've had thus far, have been due entirely to poor predictions and being unprepared as a followup result. however, i mustn't lose hope, and continue to work with the great members of PC and PS towards becoming a better experienced player. under normal circumstances and a bit of stalling, pokemon like suicune are no big deal for me to deal with in a stall war as long as i can keep two components alive to do it. dealing with threats from celebi often come down to who can predict it showing up first. heracross has a mixed advantage and vulnerability around celebi from what my experiences have shown me. megahorn can obliterate celebi, but psychic from celebi, can and will annihilate heracross.

i digress, i will cling tooth and nail to nepotism and preferences with justified reason behind not using legendaries
    (pm me if you actually care to know why.....if i have not ignored you for some reason.)

with all of that babbling out of the way; anyone of have suggestions outside of "just get more practice" for me?
    i have every intention to get more practice :)
    please remember, salient points are MOST appreciated.

and thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to comment!!

Last edited:

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Aerodactyl:

Focus sash. Replace hp flying with Ariel Ace. Replace double edge with stealth rocks. +speed -sp. att nature.

Gardevoir:

Run mega/life orb
    Calm mind, psychic, t-bolt, moonblast

Vaporeon: make it a complete physical wall. Replace roar with protect/toxic. Replace surf with scald. Run ice beam/toxic.

Blissey: special wall. All special wall. Replace t-bolt and ice beam with something else (it's a wall, not an attacker). So toxic, seismic toss.

Heracross: choice scarf moxie with jolly nature and max speed and attack. Replace swords dance.

Don't use dugtrio. It's outclassed, period. Hidden power bug?! Replace it with a fast special attacker; you need one.

I hope I helped. Message me for questions. :)

Edit: you have a lack of priority.

dresden_88

Warden
    Years
  • not that i dont appreciate your info, but you should have really paid attention to the title of the thread. this is a gen 3 team, there are no such things as choice scarf, stealth rocks, or moxie, etc. if you care to change-up your info to suit the relevant generation, i would be extremely appreciative.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • not that i dont appreciate your info, but you should have really paid attention to the title of the thread. this is a gen 3 team, there are no such things as choice scarf, stealth rocks, or moxie, etc. if you care to change-up your info to suit the relevant generation, i would be extremely appreciative.

My bad! I completely forgot (I read the title, but the post was long). I'm not super familiar with pre- gen 5 sets. They seem foreign to be (such as elemental punches Alakazam and choice band gengar). I didn't realize stealth rocks and choice scarf didn't exist then. Well, if you have any questions, just vm me. However, I would reccomend some thing for team building in general. Pick a pokemon. Then build 2 walls around it that resist all the pokemons weaknesses and each other's. Next, choose offensive pokemon that can support your chosen pokemon.

Back