• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character Discussion Thread

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    Can you criticize this one, please? This one is for Project Victory.

Name: Azibo Rahotep

Just in case you think this is an unusual name, I'll give you detail about it. Azibo is an Egyptian name meaning "earth". Rahotep is also egyption, meaning "Ra is satisfied"

Appearance: Azibo has dark brown, not quite black, skin and is very tall (6'0"). He has an athletic body and looks more or less in decent shape. He has light brown hair. Azibo's hair is short and styled with a part right down the middle. His eyes are hazel. They are very wide. His eyebrows are thin. Their color is identical to that of Azibo's hair. Azibo has reached puberty, so he has got a small, light brown beard. The beard is surprisingly very smooth.

To cover his athletic body, Azibo wears a sleeveless shirt with the logo of a globe on it. He wears black shirt, no matter what color his top may be. When faced with a formal occasion, such as a date or a gym battle, he wears a long sleeved black shirt and long black pants. Azibo doesn't like to wear attire that is too formal. Azibo wears a gold necklace around his neck. It has a Golden Pokeball symbol on it. He wears a belt that carries all his needs, such as his textbooks and his guide to the Pokemon world (Life in the Pokemon World, by Will Dernes). He wears classic running shoes on his feet.

History: Azibo, being born in December of 1994, knew not that he had a purpose in his life far greater than he knew. Azibo grew up in the region of Hoenn. He grew up in the beautiful Fallarabor town, near the volcano, Mt. Chimney. His life was really weird, since his parents were away often when Azibo was 5 years old at their occupation of being Team Aqua Commanders. That is when Azibo gained his timidness. He was afraid in situations without his parents. He feared they would never return. He was also a cute, devious little 5 year old. He stole Twizzlers from the cabinet before his parents returned. They didn't gain too much money from their job, so they didn't have too much food to go around. Azibo did not know that, as his little brain could not comprehend how the economy worked. As he grew older, Azibo snuck out to go to the gym when his parents were gone. They wouldn't let him do that when they were home as the parents had strict rules. When Azibo was 10, his parents quit their job as Team Aqua Commanders and spent a lot more time with their only son. Azibo also wanted to be with his parents, so he played all day with them. He was very happy and gave them unconditional love, until he found out the truth about them. Back when he was young, he never knew about Team Aqua. He became very angry and ran away from home. He then met a Zen Master. The Zen Master taught Azibo many things. He taught him how to meditate and to relax. He went to live with him. His parents didn't even notice he was missing until a month passed by. They became very worried and wondered what became of them. The former Aqua members stumbled across the Zen Master, who revealed his name to be Crest Oelen. The Zen Master showed them into the house. There, the parents saw Azibo sitting, playing a video game. Azibo was called and arose quietly from his video game. He greeted his parents in the most nasty way because he was not glad to see the former villains. Crest said to go to them and at least try to live a good life with them. He reluctantly went with them and lived a normal life. His parents noticed a change in Azibo. He had become more appreciating of things such as nature, music, and mostly, the Earth. He also had become more obedient and less decensorized. With this personality, he took 5 years of trainers school. He just went with the flow of everything and was very casual. He made many friends and a few enemies, mostly because of his really genuine emotion. Actually, people made friends with him because he was shy. Most athletes didn't like him because he bragged about his athletic ability. He was not a friend of the parents, either, as he took more food than he was supposed to at dinners. As a result, he wasn't allowed to people's houses for dinner. He struggled with his grades. He had an 87 average the first year, and 84 the second year, an 89 the third, an 80 the fourth, and a 90 the fifth. At his home life, his family life was not doing too well. At the start of Project Victory, his parents rejoined Team Aqua. The economy was falling apart and the region was being destroyed by the project. The last thing he saw before going to sleep was his house going into flames...

Personality: Azibo is a very determined person in the exercise world. He exercises with a good portion of his spare time. Outside of the gym, Azibo is a very quiet and bashful person. He is easily shocked by people. He is very sensitive to many things, and not decensorized like most people in the modern world. He is very obedient to people, except his villainous parents, who disappeared after Project Victory started. Azibo is very casual in social situation, just going with the flow of things. He is a good listener. Azibo, though quiet, is greedy. He takes more than what everyone else. For example, at the dinner table one day, Azibo took 4 helpings of pasta while everyone else took 2. Azibo loves nature and has an animosity against modern technology. He doesn't like computers, iPods, or the like because he believes that they waste nature in a bad way. He brags that he is better than everyone else in athletic games such as baseball, kickball, basketball, and tennis.

Chosen Legendary: Regirock

Pokémon
    Any Pre-Evolution Pokémon for a Chosen Hero other than Dark of Ghost: And then you may capture Pokémon as you progress through the story, for Chosen Villain: Any Dark or Ghost Pre-Evolution Pokémon. This is more like the anime, they know as many moves as they can, but they have to be able to learn those moves, and those moves will not be powerful unless you make a great post with them.

Name: Beldum
    Species: Beldum
    Nature: Bashful
    Personality: Beldum is very shy. He isn't comfortable about new things and has trouble trusting humans or other Pokemon.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years

Just in case you think this is an unusual name, I'll give you detail about it. Azibo is an Egyptian name meaning "earth". Rahotep is also egyption, meaning "Ra is satisfied"

It's nice that his name has a meaning and whatever, but does this name actually make logical sense? Does he come from a background where him having an egyptian name is sensible(i.e. his parents are egyptian)?

Or is this something that you can play for the lulz?

Musician of Literature

Years
    It's nice that his name has a meaning and whatever, but does this name actually make logical sense? Does he come from a background where him having an egyptian name is sensible(i.e. his parents are egyptian)?

Or is this something that you can play for the lulz?

Egypt isn't a region in the Pokemon world, so they are not Egyptian. I just like giving characters unique names.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Rawr. *rampages*

Oh-kay, my rampage is finished. Gee, about this character thing...

I usually develop most of my characters speedily, modified up to fifty percent, but for roleplays I _like_... I attempt to craft a character slowly, and very painfully, sometimes missing the crucial deadline for RPs.

I need to find a material for my characters. I sometimes encounter it, but not all of the time. If I want to RP a character for the long term, I have to first draw out a template and personality traits, and then take a nap/go to sleep with the character in my head. In the morning I mull it over and make edits, continuing to keep the character in my head. In the afternoon I think some more about the character, and wait for it to speak to me. If the character doesn't open its mouth, don't expect it to last long- all the information I pour out is soulless. If it does express itself, however, it tells me the character's story and appearance, as well as personality quirks. In that situation, I aim to keep it alive for the long-term, and I would struggle to allow its spirit to live as long as possible.

As for the roleplay part, however, that's a different story. I want to keep my character true to its SU, but sometimes the character's multifacetedness only applies in select situations, and I am left clueless what to write when I have a sloppily-made character. This is probably part of the reason I no longer want to commit to so many RPs, because if I do so I am easily annoyed when I have to write a post.

-END-OF-MESSAGE-

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2009
    Well...I RP at another forum, and I noticed every one of my characters comes from an aspect of either my own personality just fleshed out more completely or from an event in my life that, while it didn't push me in one direction, I get to play a character who experienced a similar event and went in another direction. A lot of my character inspiration comes from popular media, of course (video games, movies, books, that sort of thing) but in many ways my characters are all parts of me in personality. I find it a bit easier to actually roleplay as them that way, because I don't feel like I'm trying to roleplay completely outside what I myself can act or do, but because of a focus on different traits my characters can seem different because one is much more lively or one is much more depressed, for example.

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    Generally, when creating characters, I base them a little on people I've known, a little on myself, and a little on random literary characters. In equal balance, more or less. I'd consider that a fairly healthy combination, and staves a way too much marysueness, whilst at the same time including that bit of yourself alows you to know the character better.

So yeah, pretty much what the guy above said. It's always best that you've an insight into your RP character's mind.

Musician of Literature

Years

Appearance: Azibo has dark brown, not quite black, skin and is very tall (6'0"). He has an athletic body and looks more or less in decent shape. He has light brown hair. Azibo's hair is short and styled with a part right down the middle. His eyes are hazel. They are very wide. His eyebrows are thin. Their color is identical to that of Azibo's hair. Azibo has reached puberty, so he has got a small, light brown beard. The beard is surprisingly very smooth.

To cover his athletic body, Azibo wears a sleeveless shirt with the logo of a globe on it. He wears black shirt, no matter what color his top may be. When faced with a formal occasion, such as a date or a gym battle, he wears a long sleeved black shirt and long black pants. Azibo doesn't like to wear attire that is too formal. Azibo wears a gold necklace around his neck. It has a Golden Pokeball symbol on it. He wears a belt that carries all his needs, such as his textbooks and his guide to the Pokemon world (Life in the Pokemon World, by Will Dernes). He wears classic running shoes on his feet.

History: Azibo, being born in December of 1994, knew not that he had a purpose in his life far greater than he knew. Azibo grew up in the region of Hoenn. He grew up in the beautiful Fallarabor town, near the volcano, Mt. Chimney. His life was really weird, since his parents were away often when Azibo was 5 years old at their occupation of being Team Aqua Commanders. That is when Azibo gained his timidness. He was afraid in situations without his parents. He feared they would never return. He was also a cute, devious little 5 year old. He stole Twizzlers from the cabinet before his parents returned. They didn't gain too much money from their job, so they didn't have too much food to go around. Azibo did not know that, as his little brain could not comprehend how the economy worked. As he grew older, Azibo snuck out to go to the gym when his parents were gone. They wouldn't let him do that when they were home as the parents had strict rules. When Azibo was 10, his parents quit their job as Team Aqua Commanders and spent a lot more time with their only son. Azibo also wanted to be with his parents, so he played all day with them. He was very happy and gave them unconditional love, until he found out the truth about them. Back when he was young, he never knew about Team Aqua. He became very angry and ran away from home. He then met a Zen Master. The Zen Master taught Azibo many things. He taught him how to meditate and to relax. He went to live with him. His parents didn't even notice he was missing until a month passed by. They became very worried and wondered what became of them. The former Aqua members stumbled across the Zen Master, who revealed his name to be Crest Oelen. The Zen Master showed them into the house. There, the parents saw Azibo sitting, playing a video game. Azibo was called and arose quietly from his video game. He greeted his parents in the most nasty way because he was not glad to see the former villains. Crest said to go to them and at least try to live a good life with them. He reluctantly went with them and lived a normal life. His parents noticed a change in Azibo. He had become more appreciating of things such as nature, music, and mostly, the Earth. He also had become more obedient and less decensorized. With this personality, he took 5 years of trainers school. He just went with the flow of everything and was very casual. He made many friends and a few enemies, mostly because of his really genuine emotion. Actually, people made friends with him because he was shy. Most athletes didn't like him because he bragged about his athletic ability. He was not a friend of the parents, either, as he took more food than he was supposed to at dinners. As a result, he wasn't allowed to people's houses for dinner. He struggled with his grades. He had an 87 average the first year, and 84 the second year, an 89 the third, an 80 the fourth, and a 90 the fifth. At his home life, his family life was not doing too well. At the start of Project Victory, his parents rejoined Team Aqua. The economy was falling apart and the region was being destroyed by the project. The last thing he saw before going to sleep was his house going into flames...

Personality: Azibo is a very determined person in the exercise world. He exercises with a good portion of his spare time. Outside of the gym, Azibo is a very quiet and bashful person. He is easily shocked by people. He is very sensitive to many things, and not decensorized like most people in the modern world. He is very obedient to people, except his villainous parents, who disappeared after Project Victory started. Azibo is very casual in social situation, just going with the flow of things. He is a good listener. Azibo, though quiet, is greedy. He takes more than what everyone else. For example, at the dinner table one day, Azibo took 4 helpings of pasta while everyone else took 2. Azibo loves nature and has an animosity against modern technology. He doesn't like computers, iPods, or the like because he believes that they waste nature in a bad way. He brags that he is better than everyone else in athletic games such as baseball, kickball, basketball, and tennis.

Chosen Legendary: Regirock

Pokémon
    Any Pre-Evolution Pokémon for a Chosen Hero other than Dark of Ghost: And then you may capture Pokémon as you progress through the story, for Chosen Villain: Any Dark or Ghost Pre-Evolution Pokémon. This is more like the anime, they know as many moves as they can, but they have to be able to learn those moves, and those moves will not be powerful unless you make a great post with them.

Name: Beldum
    Species: Beldum
    Nature: Bashful
    Personality: Beldum is very shy. He isn't comfortable about new things and has trouble trusting humans or other Pokemon.

Can you please critique my character?

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    I went down your sign-up, Chaos. I wrote a whole lot, basically taking it line by line. If you want to read it, I warn you it's a little bit harsh. I added little blurbs outside of the spoiler tags in case you don't want to hear my long winded explanations, but if you want to read them, I think they might help you. Again, I warn you. It's kind of brutally honest.

There are a few things I'd like to say about your character. First of all, the way it's written is very stop and go. There isn't much flow and I find myself reading fact after fact instead of a description of a living breathing character. He did this. He did that. He looks like this. He wears that. I get kinda bored reading it and I sorta stop caring about what the character means or symbolizes. As for the character himself...

Your character is overcomplicated with contradictions. I'll just go from the top down.

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

History:

Spoiler:

In short, your history is in need of simple revision. Go back over and look for things that make other things in the signup not make sense. Certain things that happened in your character's past will have affected his life, but they clearly haven't, and that needs to be changed.

Personality:

Spoiler:

In short, just more contradictions. A good idea would be to read over the entire sign-up as a whole, making sure you have a solid, steady base before you add the extraneous details, it makes for a sort of sloppy sign-up.

I'd also like some critique on one of my characters. I already submitted the character but since it's my most recent one I thought I'd put it out for critique.

Name: Axel LeRoux

Profession: Mythology Expert, Amateur Explorer

Appearance:
    Axel is built tall and lean, with good posture and narrow shoulders. However, he's no bodybuilder. Even at a solid 6'1", he weighs only about 135 pounds, very little of that being actual muscle. He stays healthy by exploring ruins and (fairly often, unfortunately) being chased out of private excavation sites by "jealous colleagues." His sandy blonde hair stops just short of his eyeline; although if it gets wet or just too gross, it gets matted down enough where it just barely pokes him right in the eyeball. Although he'd never really admit it, his facial features aren't half bad to look at, a tan face from sundrenched ruins and exploration rounded off with a pleasant smile and nicely proportioned misty blue eyes that twinkle like a calm breeze when he's happy and rage like a hurricane when he's mad.
    In terms of clothing, Axel has always preferred to keep things simple and light, even in his professional life. He has never liked sport coats or suits of any kind, and the mere thought of ties will have his skin crawling. He has unusual high tolerance to heat and cold, so more often than not a T-shirt (his favorite being a white t-shirt emblazoned with a Mawile, it's jaws bared viciously towards the viewer, complete with blocky text underneath suggesting that the reader "Bite Me") and a pair of black jeans will keep him more than comfortable. When the cold front really sets in though, sometimes he convinces himself to put on a gray zip-up hoodie jacket, usually unzipped, with the sleeves rolled up. The entire outfit is not complete of course, without his lucky tennis shoes. These shoes have more holes than a Donphan's dancing grounds but Axel swears by them; insisting that the once jet black, now stone gray converse with the frayed neon green laces are what makes him complete as a person; he never goes anywhere without them.

Personality: Axel is definitely a quirky person, what some might call a clown. His wit is as sharp as they come and his actual smarts are right behind, but it's rare that he's ever intelectually challenged to the point of really having to put his mind to a problem. He trusts his intuition very strongly, as it's taken him in the right direction many a-time. (The times that it was wrong he just doesn't count. Makes it easier that way.) If you give him the wrong vibe, be prepared to do some legwork if you want to get back on his good side; but if you give him the wrong vibe you probably won't give two snaps about him away, so it's a win-win situation.
    Axel's sense of humor is what drives most of his conversation, so when the topic really turns serious, he often quiets down and doesn't have much to say. He rarely likes to take sides in personal quarrels between his friends, making him an ideal mediator if the situation arises. Since he uses his humor as his crutch, expect a bit of a disguntlement if you don't appreciate his type of funny jokes. If you do, you're in luck; you've found entertainment for life. If not, you might want to invest in earplugs, especially if you start discussing his field of expertise.
    Axel takes his study very seriously, and even though he is a bit of a joker on the outside, he truly yearns to know and understand everything there is to know about the supernatural and explain it for the world to see. Driven by a childhood passion, he knows that there's more to the world than we know, and he strives to understand it all, even at his own personal risk, like sneaking onto restricted digging sites that his colleagues didn't find him "suitable to analyze." In fact, Axel's ambition have turned him off for a lot of professionals in the field of archaeology simply because they don't understand his belief, no, his CERTAINTY that mythical pokemon exist and they're too cowardly to take it to the level of dedication that Axel has.

History: Born and raised in Ecruteak City, both of Axel's parents lived and worked in an age old, family owned inn, in which Axel lived for most of his teenage and childhood life. One of Ecruteak City's most treasured pieces of architecture, Pidgeot's Palace was the premier lodging place for those looking for that authentic old style inn when in the ghost town. Axel's parents, Mark and Nancy LeRoux are the 3rd generation of LeRoux to run the Palace, and as a young boy and even into his late teens, Axel was excited to become the next link in the chain. There was something so magical about the place; it seemed that mysterious things seemed just to land right in the lobby. Ever since the time he could walk, he loved to sneak out of his bed and listen to the batty tales told by travelers and mariners alike who frequented the inn. Due to the spiritual history of the city, many-a-time monks would barge in, raving like a mad dog about how his body was possessed and the souls of all who were in the city were doomed. (Of course, their rants were often fueled by a young Axel's clever manipulation of the light switch.) All sorts of people came and went through the inn. (Some of his favorites included a man named Ignov Snypes, who was a big beefy man from some foreign country who married his Jynx, and a skinny man named Horace Greenfield who insisted every time that he came into the bar that he was turning into a Bellsprout ever since the guards at Sprout Tower had thrown him out the window.) So, naturally, Axel became very familiar with the surrounding regions, along with any tall tales that accompanied them.

As he grew older, he found himself writing down the legends and making notes and writing his own ideas about what he thinks could be the real story basing his theses on a compilation of the many stories he had heard over the years. By the time he was 16, he knew what he wanted to do with his life. After travelling around the world for 2 years, compiling more and more information, he wrote his first conglomerative paper that got him a full scholarship to Pewter City's School of Archaeology, where he quickly made his way to the top of his class. Through his four years of study and travel, he became more and more certain that the creatures that he read about on all those ruin walls were in fact real. He began to sqaunder all of his precious funding on exploration trips that eventually led to nowhere, and his fellow scientists began to lose faith in him. They had seen his type before; the kind that don't want to observe from a distance, they want to be in it, part of it, BECOME it...

Those believers... they all go batty in the end. Each and every one of them. It engulfs them and they lose themselves to it. Shame though, he really was a bright kid.

Plates:
    Zap Plate [Electric] and Sky Plate [Flying]

Pokemon:

Mismagius
    - "Stella" - Female

History:
    Stella was the first Pokemon Axel ever got, and she was definitely a heavy influence on his personality. As a Misdreavus living in the Palace, Stella and Axel originally teamed up to wreak havoc on the nutjobs that would ramble endlessly about their hauntings in the Inn's bar. While Axel manned the light switch, Stella would shake things and conjure spectral balls of energy to terrify the patrons of the inn, who would, without fail come in the next night. Axel and Stella's fun was the patron's taboo love, so everything worked out, and it became almost a show. When Axel left to explore the world in search of more myths and legends, Stella opted to come along for the ride, evn allowing herself to be captured. She became as much of a nut for myths as Axel did, even excavating with him to the best of her ability. A Dusk stone found accidentaly in a ruin site transformed her into a Mismagius.

Personality: Stella and Axel are kindred spirits. Quirky and playful, she loves to entertain and she loves to educate, even if people don't want to listen. Much like Axel, she also enjoys a good practical joke, and as her battle prowess increased over time, so have her elaborate pranks. Tricky to the very end, she also has a talent for imitating voices, which she can do after spending even a relatively short period of time with a person.

Kabutops
    - "Drakk" - Male

History:
    Drakk was given as a Kabuto to Axel when he visited Cinnabar Island. A scientist there who has (surprisingly) read Axel's papers was a humongous fan, and quickly pushed the fossil pokemon upon Axel without taking no for an answer. Many weeks later, he realized that the man whom he had met had not been a scientist at all, but a thief who had stolen an experimental Kabuto from the Cinnabar Research Center and fearing capture, had relinquished his prize to the first stranger he met. Axel offered to return the pokemon, but by that time, Drakk had grown so attached to Axel that they were content in just taking one of Drakk's offspring and leaving Axel with the father as a gift.

Drakk is an experiment. One of the problems with recreated Kabutos and Kabutops from fossils is that the DNA is often corrupted, leaving the finished product incomplete, with flawed claws or brittle bones. By genetically altering the DNA of a fossilized Kabuto, they strove to streamline and optimize the creatures, making them smarter, faster, stronger, and potentially as effective killing machines if not more as they were when they populated the earth. He is a powerful swimmer, and can carry things many times his own weight, and he keeps his scythed arms almost ritualistically sharpened, although he's not sure why. Just something in him, he guesses.

Personality:
    Since he is a lab rat, and spent most of his life in a controlled environment, Drakk knows very little about the natural world and how things are supposed to work. Through continuous travels and conversation with Axel, Drakk has become slightly more cultured, but he still posesses an almost childlike naivety, which is poorly coupled with his untapped genetically improved strength. His childlike mind is parallel to his smaller, more balanced stature.

Girafarig
    - "Melody" - Female

History:
    Axel once heard a rumor that a Girafarig's backhead was once deeply intelligent and served as sort of extrasensory perception for the pokemon. Finding no research on the matter, Axel decided to capture one and study it. Although he found no evidence of a supersmart "butt-head", Axel was charmed by the particular specimen that he captured and he became partial to her, allowing her to travel with him almost constantly. Melody and Stella rarely get along, each of them fighting for their master's attention.

Personality:
    Melody is almost a polar opposite of Stella. As boyish and active as Stella is, Melody is equally feminine and proper. Although she is smart like Axel, she is deeply embarrased by idiotic questions and has no tolerance for tomfoolery. She insists on looking her best on all occasions and always wears a pink bow in her mane. If that bow ever gets lost or dirty in any way, she becomes deeply upset and refuses to come out in public.

Houndour
    - "Mars" - Male

History:
    While visiting Celadon City following a hunch on Ho-oh (Surely the rainbow feathers and the Rainbow city have to have SOMETHING in common), Axel came across a Houndour wandering outside the city. Jumping on the opportunity, he quickly captured it.

Personality: Mars loves to be in charge. He obviously sees himself as the leader of the pack, and even though he's smaller than the rest of the group, sometimes he even gets away with it. Scrappy would be the best way to describe him, as he rarely gives up a fight without being completely physically exhausted. In this case, his bite is worse than his bark, and that's saying something. Stella often teases him, calling him Scruffles. This naturally infuriates him.

Breloom - "Scrubs" - Male

History:
    While in Azalea Forest looking for Celebi, Axel found his arm inexplicably attached to a Shroomish. It just was there. It wouldn't make a sound, or move, or.. do anything. It was attached to his arm, and that's how it was going to stay. Fortunately, Axel was able to remedy the problem by tapping it with a Pokeball, thus capturing it. Since then, whenever it gets too excited or afraid, it will quickly grab onto Axel's arm and not let go until it is told to do so. He got his name from all the scrubbing that Axel had to do to try and get it off his arm.

Personality: Scrubs is weird. He speaks in broken, oddly impersonal phrases, and he is constantly looking around with his beady black eyes, looking for something to hit. It loves to bounce around, and it's mushroom head flopping around always make Axel laugh. However, in battle, Scrubs is as odd as ever; not moving until the precise right moment when he has to in order to score the perfect hit. His springy arms are quick as lightning, and just as painful.

Pidgeot - "Zelda" - Female

History:
    Queenie, the Pidgeot's Palace's mascot's, offspring Zelda is Mark and Nancy LeRoux's gift to Axel for completing his studies at Pewter. Axel recieved her as a Pidgeotto, and she quickly progressed to become a massively powerful pokemon. She serves as Axel's main means of transportation, and though she is relatively new to the team, she has taken a role as the mother of the pack, watching over her team mates with a careful eye. He reminds Axel a lot of his mother, which is probably why he keeps her around so much.

Personality: Much like Nancy LeRoux, Zelda watches from beyond with a bird's eye, always making sure that Axel is sure of himself and that the integrity of the team isn't compromised by infighting. Axel keeps such a motley crew of companions that it's often hard to keep them from squabbling, but she manages to do it, making sure that his companions are the least of Axel's worries.

Last edited:

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Hey guys! I've never RP'd before on a forum. I've done some play-by-email stuff, but not for pokemon, and not in about five years. Basically, it's all new to me!

I figure working on a character would be a good place to start. Obviously a character created this way won't fit with every RP, but I think the practice will be good for me.

One question about character creation--I've been browsing a few of the RP threads, and saw a comment about how a character had been recycled... so I think people prefer new characters for each RP, then? It's not okay to have, say "AU" versions of your favourite character play in the different worlds? Or maybe it was just that particular RP-runner?

Alright. Down to business ::cracks knuckles::

Name: Theodore "Teddy" Sadler

Profession: Sales assistant at a book shop (he's doing his best to make money to pursue a college/university career and study geography in general and the impact of wild pokemon battles on shaping the world in particular)

Appearance: Teddy is a robust-looking 5'9", with a stocky build that's a little soft around the edges. There's muscle under there--he hauls a lot of books, spends time outside to play with his pokemon, and has a long bike-ride to and from work, but he also loves to eat, particularly sweets and cakes, and the exercise doesn't fully make up for it, especially as one of his favourite hobbies is to sit down with a book and a snack. He has medium-brown skin, hazel eyes that have flecks of gray-green in some kinds of light, and a mass of dark brown, tightly-curled, floppy hair that shifts and bounces if he nods or otherwise moves his head quickly enough. Sometimes he'll yank it all back into a ponytail to keep it out of the way. His concession to hot sun or wet weather is usually to do just that and then stuff it under a baseball cap, with the tail poking through the hole at the back.
    Solid colours are the order of the day in most of his wardrobe. He is partial to layers, usually pulling a short-sleeved t-shirt over a long-sleeved one, and if the weather is colder he will add a zipper hoodie, and if it's really bad, a vest or a jacket over the lot. His short-sleeved t-shirts are often red, black or navy blue, with the long-sleeved ones underneath a plain white or grey. His favourite hoodie is a forest green colour with orange and red outlines of scattered leaves printed on around the shoulders. He wears cargo short (or pants, as required) in beige or brown, because he likes all the pockets, and black-and-white low-top running shoes that show a lot of scuffing and wear.
    Aside from the white, the brightest spot of colour on him is an oft-changing set of bracelets on his right wrist, made for him by his little sister Laurine. They range from embroidery-thread friendship bracelets to strings of painted wooden beads to iridescent or refractive plastic beads in colours she thinks "go with his stuff". He wears each one she gives him, whether it goes with his stuff or not, until it wears out and breaks. All his pokemon have also been gifted with similar decoration.

Personality: Introverted and distractable are two words that fit Teddy quite well. He's not shy per se, but simply content to be solitary--too many people around at once also make it hard for him to concentrate fully one whichever one he is talking to at any given time. He likes information for the sake of information and enjoys learning things, so can't help wanting to listen to everyone. This happens when he reads as well. His preference is for non-fiction, and so he might be reading a book about the behaviour of herds of wild Ponyta, and come across an anecdote referring to a stampede-sparked forest fire that also destroyed half a town... and he will abandon the first book to go find out if there is any information to be had about that town's recovery.
    He does enjoy spending time with people too, but his preference is for one-on-one hanging out, rather than in groups. The one exception to that is when his extended group of friends who have pokemon gather together to have battles and informal mini-tournaments.
    Despite his enjoyment of book-learning, Teddy is a pretty poor writer, and it takes him a long time to format anything up to academic standards--he can get his points down on paper but often has trouble going into enough depth in his arguments or definitions. This translates into verbal arguments and debates as well, only moreso--he dislikes arguing very much because often the only retort he can quickly come up with is "you're wrong!" or "well, because!" This is another reason he prefers to listen rather than speak, and also causes him to keep quiet even when people say something he disagrees with.
    Teddy is a generally friendly and affable fellow, but on first meeting him, people might find him somewhat vague or distant every now and then, whenever his mind notices something interesting that takes his attention away from them. His friends and people who get to know him soon discover that a light poke or a "hey!" or a "Teddy!" will call his wandering mind back again.

History: Teddy grew up in Sinnoh, in a beachfront cabin on route 213, between Pastoria City and the resort. His parents are very much free spirits, and don't have "real" jobs, but actually manage to make a living as beachcombers, hunting the seaside sands for money, buried treasure and washed-up seashells that they make into souvenirs and sell to the resort tourists. Teddy was an "accident" baby, or as his parents describe it, a "surprise gift", and he was born when his mother was 18 and his father 17. They handled it all well enough, though, and managed to keep themselves from having any more children for another twelve years, until Teddy's sister came along. Teddy lived a carefree life alongside his parents, going along even as an infant as they poked around in the beach sand with their Magnemite (later Magneton) and Diglett (later Dugtrio) partners and made a surprisingly livable income. Teddy loved the beach and paddling in the water, and was fascinated by Diglett's digging of holes.
    Once he was old enough to read, however, he confounded his parents by reading everything he could get his hands on, and always asking for more. Somewhat at a loss at first, because neither of them supported "the system", they instead worked hard to homeschool him until he was twelve. But when his sister was born, the realized they couldn't do everything that was needed any longer. That year they finally enrolled him in school in Pastoria City, and gave him his first pokemon, a Magnemite named Jazz his mother had trained up for him as a birthday gift.
    School was both a trial and a wonder, as Teddy got a crash course in social interaction with groups, but also discovered first the school and then the city library, and also the Great Marsh, which is where he first caught a pokemon on his own, a Bibarel he named Rollo.
    Teachers generally liked Teddy for his avid attention to every subject (except gym--Teddy disliked team sports), which helped him get through his eventual difficulty with reports and essays, and it was in fact through his history teacher that he found his job at one of the city's book shops.
    Now Teddy still makes the long commute in and out of town to work each day, and is slowly saving up tuition money for higher education so he can earn a degree in geography. His savings don't go up quite as fast as they could, because every so often Teddy splurges on supplies, hops on his bike and goes on camping trips, sometimes with a friend, sometime alone.

Pokemon:

Magnemite - "Jazz"
    Jazz was a gift to Teddy on his twelfth birthday, not long before he started attending school in Pastoria City. Caught in the Ironworks by an old friend of Teddy's parents, Teddy's mother trained him to be able to go toe-to-magnet with the local wild pokemon, which turned out to be a boon, since Teddy soon began going into town for school. Jazz learned from Teddy's mother's Magneton as well, and understood she (Jazz seemed like a "she") was meant to watch over him and keep him safe, and did so staunchly and probably a little overzealously for the first few months, refusing to remain in her pokeball. She left many a wild pokemon temporarily paralyzed simply for being in the vicinity, until both she and Teddy got used to the travel and to each other. Now she remains the "mom" of his pokemon team, but spends less time hovering protectively over him and more time smelling the flowers, as it were. The local non-confrontational wild pokemon are now free to forage in peace. Jazz wears a string of safely non-conductive red-and-blue wooden beads around her topmost screw.

Bibarel - "Rollo" (male)
    Rollo was caught by Teddy himself, by accident on Rollo's part, as he is not particularly aggressive. On a school trip out to the Great Marsh, Rollo lumbered out of the water and was set upon by Jazz (who had fought out of her ball and followed him, to Teddy's dire embarrassment). Once attacked Rollo did get ready to fight back, but Teddy threw a Safari Ball at him before Jazz could do any damage. He let Rollo out of the ball afterwards, but instead of returning to his pond, Rollo had decided that one who saved him was who he wanted to be with, and would not be separated from Teddy, even by the park rangers. The park was understanding about the incident and decided he could keep Rollo, though his parents were fined a small amount for the rules violation. Jazz reluctantly returned to her pokeball after a furious Teddy ordered her too (and after his teacher assured her he would be safe). Rollo settled into life with his new best friend happily. He doesn't bear any ill will towards Jazz, who for her part has become as protective of him as of Teddy. He's not much of a fighter, unless in self-defense or in defense of his friends, but has proved useful as he was willing to learn a few handy hidden-machine moves that help Teddy explore. Rollo wears a loop of white nylon rope around his neck, decorated with green and yellow plastic beads.

Ralts - "Rainbow" (female)
    Rainbow found Teddy, rather than the other way around, when Teddy was out camping on the northern end of Route 212. Her family group as a whole approached his campsite, enjoying his general happiness and contentment at being out and about, but she was the only one who dared to get close enough for him to see her. He was reading a field guide to the plants of Sinnoh when she came near. The pictures in the book were brightly coloured, which she liked, and the book was what was making Teddy happy, which she really liked. After she stayed nearly at his side for his whole three day outing, Teddy finally gently tapped her with a pokeball, and she let herself be caught. Teddy named her Rainbow when he realized how enamoured she was of coloured pictures, and of the mess of bracelets around his wrist. She likes to sit near him when he reads, and always keeps him company when he's working at the book store. Rainbow wears her very own set of tiny beads, ordered in a perfect rainbow, around her neck.

Granbull - "Richter" (male)
    As a high-school graduation present, one of Teddy's friends gave him a few tickets to a money-raising raffle run by the Great Marsh. Among the prizes were a few eggs that had been donated by trainers. To Teddy's vast surprise, two of his tickets were winners. He gave the candy basket to the friend who'd given him the tickets, and kept the pokemon egg for himself, vastly curious and eager to discover what would be inside. He kept it with him as the instructions said, taking it with him to work and anywhere else he went. It hatched in the middle of his ride home from work, cracking apart in his hands almost before he had time to get off his bike and take the egg from where it was wrapped up in his backpack. What emerged was an emergetic pink fluffy ball of ears and fangs. It wriggled and bounced, and licked his fingers and its jowly face was the ugliest and most wonderful thing Teddy had ever seen. The Snubbull never lost that energy, instead transforming it from babyish glee into vigourous play and then training, especially after it evolved into a Granbull. Of all Teddy's pokemon Richter is the most battle-ready, and loves fighting, though isn't always the best at it, since any attack where he throws himself bodily at the opponent is his favourite, even when another will be more effective. Richter wears a braided cuff on one wrist, made of blue, purple and black cord.

Musician of Literature

Years
    My last character got some cirticism, thank you YoshiRiRu. Hopefully, I have learned from those mistakes.

Originally, this was supposed to be for Pokemon: The Path Towards the Rainbow, but I was too late... Now, rii-chii said it was good, I'd like to hear from you.

Name:Araceli Mendoza

Birth Date: June 18, 1995

Appearance: Araceli is a very tan girl. With height and slenderness, she towers above everyone around her, standing at 6'3. Browner than her skin is her hair, which is long and curly, like the ocean's bumpy waves. Her eyebrows are thin fingertails, just darker and fuzzier. The eyes are bright green, like the prairie. They are wide and tall, covering a large amount of her face. Her nose is small as an atom, and her mouth, constantly smiling. Her neck is stretched tall, as if Araceli was trying to reach the sky with it. Lower on the mountain she calls her body, her upper body is strong, her abs as solid as a tree stump. Her arms are weak as a feather. Swift as a cheetah, her legs are strong and they can outrun almost anyone her age.
    Not very fond of her hair, she wears a black sports cap to cover it. The majestic eyes are clouded by sunglasses during the day. Araceli's favorite color is blue. To cover her body, she usually wears an ocean blue shirt and denim blue jeans. Sometimes she wears red or green. Her feet are covered with brown expedition shoes.

Personality: Araceli is generally a very happy person. She is positive and always looks to the sunny side. Being a sunny person, she likes to spend her time in the sun. She loves nature and everything in it. She is very frendly, casual, and easy to get along with. On the dowside, her happiness is sometimes because she hasn't a clue about what is going on in the world. For example, she may be getting detention for talking out of turn in trainers school. She would say, "That's great!" and then, the teacher assigns more to her. Her locker looks like New Orleans after hurricane Katrina hit, and so does she. She doesn't care how organized she is. She is very patient with people, but others are not with her.

History: Araceli was born in the region of Hoenn. She was born in Mossdeep City. She was the second and final baby in her family. Her family lived in a small house near the ocean. They lived there for 5 years. Then, they moved to the region of Heroin because of a flood that devastated Mossdeep. The voyage there was not great. The family had to travel in steerage. When they got to Heroin, the family lived in Pineapple Village. Pineapple Village was quiet and beautiful. It was very nice. The family was in a crisis, economically, so they bought a cheap home.

Life was bad for the family. They had to go without food for days. They had no indoor plumbing, furniture, or insulation. Their mom, Mrs. Carmen Mendoza, failed top find a jopb forp the first six months. When she found a job, by the end of the first year, they were living a normal life. That lasted for a year. Then their father perished in a car crash. He was driving to get gas, and then, some drunk guy was speeding, and killed him.

They were shocked and devastated. Araceli was feeling really bad about it and really sad. She went into depression for 5 months. Then, she moved on, but still is emotional when the subject is brought on. That is when she began her interest in writing. She wanted top capture every moment of her life on paper.

On September 7, 2002, Araceli was ready to begin the 6 years that would help her become a trainer. Trainers school. She did fairly in trainers school, but got in trouble often for daydreaming, being unprepared, late and talking out of turn. She hasn't gotten much better about that. Her averages were 93,96,95,91,84, and 89.

Now, she begins her journey...
    Preferred Starter: Smoochum

and a new more recent character I'd like you to criticize...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Now, I'm no good at constructive criticism of people's characters, but would it be possible for someone to have a look at this character? She was for the second RP I joined; a regular journey RP.

Spoiler:

I think a problem with her might be that she's too cheerful. I kinda used myself as a base to build on, but accentuated a few things, including her kindness and cheerfulness. I'm not sure it's not too much.
    You might also say that the whole 'no pointy things' issue is a bit odd, but I was bringing in that as a flaw. Do you think it's a bit much?

Here's another character:
    Her personality is lacking, and she has no history because it wasn't required. It the first RP I joined, so I didn't really think anything of it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I was thinking that thing with her parents might be a little sueish... Being hasty is perhaps her only flaw, seeing as I didn't have a very large personality section. When I create human RP characters, I usually make a flaw that - well, it's not much of a flaw, actually - that they're not in peak physical condition. So I was going to make Mira slightly overweight, until I realised it made no sense for her to live in a rocky City full of stairs and slopes which she's always exploring and yet be overweight, unless she had an illness or a bad diet, which I didn't want to give her.

Do any of you ever have the problem of creating a flaw then realising it makes no sense for your character?

xX

Flygon22

A normal Flygon
    Years
    I like better to play a Flygon.
    Its boring for me to play a Human

Name:Silvio

BirthDate:17.6.1997

Personal:
    Im a Flygon .
    I dont like it to be on the Uban , better to go in the Desert or in the Sky.
    There are much Pokemon.But..When anyone trys to catch me will be Attacked by me!
    I was born in the Desert .There are much Ground Pokemon they can make with me things.

I like: Pokemons,The Desert ,Flying

I Hate:
    That People try to catch me,The Urban

Last edited:

Natsuki_Kuga

Raichu Hybrid
    Years
    Character Description

I pretty much play as the character depicted in my avatar-a half-human, half Raichu hybrid; whom I've pretty much been using on the net for years now; I know that copying+pasting descriptions isn't allowed, but what if it's something that you've already written on another website:

Trainer Name: Natsuki (No last name given)
    Trainer age: 23
    Hair color: brown
    Hometown: Saffron City

Origins:
    Natsuki was exposed to Pokemon genetics when she was just a fetus in her mother's womb, done to her as an experiment on her father's part-an ex Team Rocket scientist involved in the Mewtwo Project-without her mother ever knowing, despite her appearance once born her mother loved her and refused to hand her over for further study to become a guinea pig. She was born and raised as normally as any genetic reject could be raised, and was as happy as a Clamperl. Like any child, she began her journeys as a Pokemon trainer at the age of 10-her first 2 Pokemon were a Bulbasaur and a Pikachu. She continued through her journey and eventually went on to tour through the other leagues, even now she makes it a point to travel the other regions and see everything she can see. (The description's pretty hokey, I know, but it's a back story that I've stuck with SO far-buuut I'm really really open to critique for it)

I have a few other characters, but I guess I should start things off with introducing the one I use anywhere by default
    (The image was something that I drew in commemoration of getting a shiny Mudkip at AX last year-it's not a full-body image of my character, but I thought it was one of my better images of her)

KaraC

Champion Wannabe
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Is this the Character Archive? Or the equivalent? If it's not, may I tentatively suggest creating a board for RP Characters only? Separated for Pokemon and non-Pokemon rp's of course ...

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    I pretty much play as the character depicted in my avatar-a half-human, half Raichu hybrid; whom I've pretty much been using on the net for years now; I know that copying+pasting descriptions isn't allowed, but what if it's something that you've already written on another website:

Trainer Name: Natsuki (No last name given)
    Trainer age: 23
    Hair color: brown
    Hometown: Saffron City

Origins:
    Natsuki was exposed to Pokemon genetics when she was just a fetus in her mother's womb, done to her as an experiment on her father's part-an ex Team Rocket scientist involved in the Mewtwo Project-without her mother ever knowing, despite her appearance once born her mother loved her and refused to hand her over for further study to become a guinea pig. She was born and raised as normally as any genetic reject could be raised, and was as happy as a Clamperl. Like any child, she began her journeys as a Pokemon trainer at the age of 10-her first 2 Pokemon were a Bulbasaur and a Pikachu. She continued through her journey and eventually went on to tour through the other leagues, even now she makes it a point to travel the other regions and see everything she can see. (The description's pretty hokey, I know, but it's a back story that I've stuck with SO far-buuut I'm really really open to critique for it)

I have a few other characters, but I guess I should start things off with introducing the one I use anywhere by default
    (The image was something that I drew in commemoration of getting a shiny Mudkip at AX last year-it's not a full-body image of my character, but I thought it was one of my better images of her)

As soon as I read the words "Raichu hybrid", bells went off in my head. Being half of anything special in a universe of 'normals' is a Mary-Sue trait. It's like giving your character naturally pink hair, or the ability to breathe underwater. You could avoid Mary-Sue territory by writing drawbacks to being a hybrid - allergies, a special diet, being ostracized by society. But, from the looks of it, Natsuki doesn't suffer at all from being part-Raichu. She's a happy, healthy furry. You even emphasize this: "She was born and raised as normally as any genetic reject could be raised, and was as happy as a Clamperl."

As for her origin story...Lego Genetics aside, I'm having trouble understanding her father's actions. What kind of a sicko is he? "Hmm, I need a fetus to experiment on. Why not use my own child?" He must have no fatherly feelings towards her at all. Growing up without a loving father must have had some effect on Natsuki, no?

Some info about Natsuki's personality would be nice. I'm getting the feeling that she's just 'normal' and 'happy,' and that doesn't make for a particularly interesting character, despite the Raichu features.

KaraC

Champion Wannabe
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    I'm working on a character for future RP's. She's not done yet, but I'd like to hear from people who are impartial about anything I write about how she's coming along.

Name: Jo

Personality: She doesn't speak much, but when she does her words are often blunt to the point of rude. Upon first glance, she seems unintelligent; and she is in some aspects. Because of her solitary lifestyle on the road she is considered socially inept in big cities and most large towns. She has almost no tact, she scratches inappropriately in public, belches and emits exceedingly noxious flatus without apology. These things don't matter on the road when it's just her and the pokemon.
    However her intelligence lies in knowing how to survive. Which berries with different properties grow where, edible mushrooms, roots and nuts. Food preservation, various healing herbs and techniques. How to repair every part of the wagon holding all her worldly possessions.
    Large crowds make her uncomfortable, surly and unlikely to speak at all. In such a situation she begins chain smoking and drinking the liquor in her flask. She's good with pokemon, as they can sense that beneath the vulgar exterior is someone who genuinely cares about their well-being.

Description: Jo's eyes are green and usually bloodshot from alcohol. Their sparkle has long since dulled into a drab shade of olive bordering on hazel. The lines around them are many and the bags under them are dark and heavy. Her hair is dark brown and held in an ill-kempt braid that drapes limply to the middle of her back. The skin under and exposed from thin, threadbare and heavily patched clothes is weather-worn and leathery. Her hands and forearms are hosts to dozens of old, small burn scars. Between the fading patches holding it together, her shirt is a pale blue. Her pants, though not as patched yet, are dark denim. Should you be around to hear her speak, you'd find that any sweetness that might have been there in her younger years has been stolen by the wind and her vices, leaving it a raspy, sometimes croaking tenor that's unpleasant to the ear.

History:

Pokemon: Tauros, Blaziken, Skuntank

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    I'm working on a character for future RP's. She's not done yet, but I'd like to hear from people who are impartial about anything I write about how she's coming along.

Personality: She doesn't speak much, but when she does her words are often blunt to the point of rude. Upon first glance, she seems unintelligent; and she is in some aspects. Because of her solitary lifestyle on the road she is considered socially inept in big cities and most large towns. She has almost no tact, she scratches inappropriately in public, belches and emits exceedingly noxious flatus without apology. These things don't matter on the road when it's just her and the pokemon.
    However her intelligence lies in knowing how to survive. Which berries with different properties grow where, edible mushrooms, roots and nuts. Food preservation, various healing herbs and techniques. How to repair every part of the wagon holding all her worldly possessions.
    Large crowds make her uncomfortable, surly and unlikely to speak at all. In such a situation she begins chain smoking and drinking the liquor in her flask. She's good with pokemon, as they can sense that beneath the vulgar exterior is someone who genuinely cares about their well-being.

Description: Jo's eyes are green and usually bloodshot from alcohol. Their sparkle has long since dulled into a drab shade of olive bordering on hazel. The lines around them are many and the bags under them are dark and heavy. Her hair is dark brown and held in an ill-kempt braid that drapes limply to the middle of her back. The skin under and exposed from thin, threadbare and heavily patched clothes is weather-worn and leathery. Her hands and forearms are hosts to dozens of old, small burn scars. Between the fading patches holding it together, her shirt is a pale blue. Her pants, though not as patched yet, are dark denim. Should you be around to hear her speak, you'd find that any sweetness that might have been there in her younger years has been stolen by the wind and her vices, leaving it a raspy, sometimes croaking tenor that's unpleasant to the ear.

History:

Hahaha. Super. XD Let me know if you ever use her, because I WANT TO BE THERE.

This is a great start. From the personality and description, I'm getting a good idea of how other people might perceive her - largely negatively. She's rough, practically stunning in her lack of manners, and not much to look at, either. Characters like these are a gold mine.

However, this is really just surface stuff. It's what constitutes a first impression. I'd like to know more about this character than that. What does she think about other people? Does she avoid them at all costs? Does she try to give them advice they don't want? Does she sadistically and actively try to wreck their lives? You mention that Pokemon "can sense that beneath the vulgar exterior is someone who genuinely cares about their well-being." This is saying a lot, although you don't really explain it. I'm wondering if this caring side of Jo carries into her relations with people, too.

I think you would be justified in giving your character some strengths, too. Knowledge of herbs and medicines is good, but is still not super attractive. Also, I'd like to see a bit more on her appearance. What kind of a first impression does her appearance give? Is she tall? Short? Dumpy?

KaraC

Champion Wannabe
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Character update! I think Jo's done! Tell me what you think, k?

Personality:
    She doesn't speak much, but when she does her words are often blunt to the point of rude. Upon first glance, she seems unintelligent; and she is in some aspects. Because of her solitary lifestyle on the road she is considered socially inept in big cities and most large towns. She has almost no tact, she scratches inappropriately in public, belches and emits exceedingly noxious flatus without apology. These things don't matter on the road when it's just her and the pokemon.
    Jo doesn't care much for people who don't see past the surface. She's disgusted by people who primp and preen for hours in front of a mirror. It makes them false and gives them a sense of being above everyone else, that is one of her biggest pet peeves. It's these people she actively goes out of her way to avoid and since they're a species almost never seen outside of big cities it's not a difficult task.
    Jo is capable of warmth to other people. But only if they, like pokemon, look past the exterior. Or at the very least treat her like a fellow human. Because on some deep, subconscious level she's aware of how unpleasant she is. On a deeper level still, she does actually care. It's why she does occasionally wash her clothes and jump naked into nearby bodies of water. Why she will give those insightful people ride in a passenger wagon to the next city (for a small fee of course).
    No human but herself is allowed in her wagon, she's fiercely protective of the few things she owns. While she may like someone, she certainly wouldn't trust them any further that she could throw them. So underneath her wagon she keeps a collapsable spare. It's little more than a box with wheels and a tarp for bad weather, but it holds eight comfortably and twelve in a pinch.

Description:
    Standing at an unremarkable 5' 7", Jo is trim and has hard-earned muscles. They're not huge and bulgy, but they're there.
    Her eyes are green and usually bloodshot from alcohol. Their sparkle has long since dulled into a drab shade of olive bordering on hazel. The lines around them are many and the bags under them are dark and heavy. Her hair is dark brown and held in an ill-kempt braid that drapes limply to the middle of her back. The skin under and exposed from thin, threadbare and heavily patched clothes is weather-worn and leathery. Her hands and forearms are hosts to dozens of old, small burn scars. Between the fading patches holding it together, her shirt is a pale blue. Her pants, though not as patched yet, are dark denim. Should you be around to hear her speak, you'd find that any sweetness that might have been there in her younger years has been stolen by the wind and her vices, leaving it a raspy, sometimes croaking tenor that's unpleasant to the ear.

History:
    Jo was an 'accidental' child, the result of a fling her mother had with a sailor docking in Slateport. Not wanting the media to catch wind of her affair and cast the successful coordinator/model as a loose woman, her mother hid within her estate with her most trusted servants for the duration of her pregnancy.
    Immediately after her birth, Jo was sent to her great uncle in another region. He was a blacksmith in the small Sinnoh town of Turnkey, population 57 after her arrival. Her great uncle Eliot was a bachelor, through and through. He had no idea how to raise an infant girl who had, rather unceremoniously, been dumped on him by an estranged niece he hadn't seen in almost seventeen years.
    News of her arrival in the small town spread quickly, and it wasn't long before she had a slew of aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmothers and grandfathers willing to help great uncle Eliot raise her.
    In Turnkey, everyone pulled their weight. Most everyone had a plot of land and a pokemon to pull plows and carts. As soon as she could walk, she was helping to plant seeds and feed the pokemon. In later years Eliot taught her about forging metal, several aunts got together and she learned about herbs and healing. In Turnkey, she was happy.
    Then she began questioning her origins. Asking about her biological parents. Eliot had only told Jo that her mother had left her in his care for a reason. He'd cautioned her against seeking the woman out, but Jo had been stubborn and done it anyway. Upon her tenth birthday, she and her torchic left on a journey.
    It hadn't gone well. One month in the care of the woman who had birthed her had shattered her. Jo returned to Turnkey a broken girl. Everyone had done their best to help piece her back together, but ultimately had failed. She was bitter. The sparkle in her eyes had died and she numbly went through the motions of life. It was like this until the town gave her the wagon and Tauros when she was fourteen and told her to explore, learn to live again.
    To this day, she's still trying.
    Jo keeps in contact with her extended family, even visits occasionally with new technology and recent events.

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
    I know this isn't critiquing anybody's SU, but I just thought I'd bring it up. When you SU for an RP, do you:
    A) Mostly use the opposite gender
    B) Have an even mix of both, or
    C) Mostly use your gender.

I've just been thinking about it; thought it might start up conversation.

As for myself, I normally just use the same gender, mostly because I'd feel awkward writing from a female's perspective...

Dusk Nightfrost

Forgotten ... or forgets ?
    Years
    Well personally I'd play as the same gender . I'm not sexist or anything , but i find it hard to picture myself playing as the opposite gender . The end result would probably be something weird ...

ANYWAYS , back to topic - can someone give me some constructive criticism regarding this SU of mine ?

Name
    Kay "Dusk" Nightfrost

Appearance
    Standing at only 4'3" with a slim build , Kay is rather tiny for his age . He's rather weak for a kid of his age , but gifted with amazingly fast and agile , that covers up his weakness in the lack of strength .

Kay has a naturally pale complexion and pure white hair as well , which are kept long enough to hide his eyes with a few gaps for his left eye . They are also long enough to reach the back of his waist , which are tied down as a ponytail using an ice ring . His left eye is a pale ice blue that are just like molten ice , whereas his right eye still remain a mystery - he can't open it naturally and when he pry his eyelids away it just show all the whites . There are also some scar-like tattoo marks around his right eye that has been there ever since he could remember . It also appear to be glowing slightly when it's dark . His features are also somewhat delicate and girlish so strangers sometimes tend to think that he's a girl .

Always seen wearing black , thin clothings - black long-sleeved zip up with a straight cut pants , he especially hates jeans because he finds them to be too restrictive to his movements . He also carries a sling bag along with him at all times , which is also black in color as well . Although he is resistance to the cold around Snowpoint City , he still has a black scarf wrapped around his neck , which it's end splits up into 3 ragged ends and is left to flow behind him . Wears plain black sneakers as well .

History
    He grew up as an orphan - his birth lead to the death of his mother , and as far as he knows , his father was gone before he was born . What was left behind was just the house of his mother and her Eevee . Even though he was brought up by the townsfolk of Snowpoint City , their fiery spirit and optimistic view of life doesn't seem to rub off on him . He don't exactly have a depressing air hanging around him , but he never seem to smile much , let alone laugh . Always standing apart from the other kids since young , he tends to sit in a corner , with his arms wrapped around his knees . Regardless of how much kindness he was treated with , he still find it hard to trust them , hardly ever relaxing his guard whenever he is in the presence of someone else .

However , he is not always as tense as he is . Whenever he is in the heavy snow and blizzard of Route 216 and 217 , it is his place of solace where he can feel peaceful . Somewhat nocturnal , he is always found sitting on trees in those places even when there are heavy blizzard storms , usually at dusk , hence his nickname . Due to his recurrence visit to those places , his Eevee evolved into a Glaceon when he was 7 . Kay is also very fond of coffee , or caffeine . Also seems to be afraid of the female species due to certain incidents during his upbringing involving coffees , talks , threats and angry mother Sneasels .

Personality
    Very detached and doesn't trust anyone for reasons even unknown to himself . Always quiet and aggressively shy , hardly talks and is always misunderstood as as cold person , sometimes even cruel due to his unnerving and unblinking pale eye , which actually is the only thing that gives away what he is feeling . Prefers not to get involved in anything , especially when it's over trivia matters , and prefers to be an observer . Hence in short , he stays away from people and people stays away from him . Due to his lack of communicating with others led by his quiet nature , he also tends to stutter when speaking and gets embarrassed over it , which is made obvious by his pale complexion whenever he blush .

Reason for wanting to join the Guild
    Since he heard that the Guild provides free food , he thinks that there should be free coffee to drink . He also did not want to just spend the rest of his life living restricted life in Snowpoint City , and longs for the freedom .

Guild
    Sinnoh

Aura
    Ice

Weapon
    A bladeless black hilt of a katana with it's sheath . Only when he wants to , he materializes a blade of Nevermelt Ice - regardless of whether the hilt is sheathed or drawn .

Abilities
    Immunity to cold , exudes any range of coldness to surrounding although will cause fatigue over time , and also materialize a certain amount of ice which is also energy draining .

Hometown
    Snowpoint City

Powermon
    Glaceon ♂ Have always been with Kay ever since it was young , is very attached to him . He is also greatly influenced by Kay's , and developed almost identical habit as him , hence also loved to stay unnoticed and observe . Is addicted to coffee as well , but just like him , don't expect a kitty face when trying to lure this glaceon with coffee . Isn't given any nickname .

Glaceon's Moves
    Blizzard , Water Pulse , Shadow Ball , Signal Beam , Healing Bell

Uniquenesses
    Glaceon's head cap ends and tail are slightly tattered , not from injury but naturally somehow . It's right eye is also closed due to imitating Kay's right eye , and it is perfectly functional . ( And if it is allowed can I have my Glaceon with shiny sub-color ? )

If there's anything wrong with it , or there's something that is just intolerable between RPers , unlock the chains and get insane - throw it all at me ...
    No pain , no gain ... or so they said , so go ahead and I'll appreciate .

Back