• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Characteristics

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Generation IV introduced Characteristics. These characteristics usually are an indicator of which of your Pokemon stats have the highest IV. For example, "Quick to Flee" would mean the Pokemon's highest IVs are speed IVs.

Do you care about a Pokemon's characteristic? I, for one, honestly thought it was just a cute flavor text, until today. I didn't know that it was about a Pokemon's IVs, lmfao.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    wait what. they were relevant to something?????????? y'all i thought it was just like. adding flavor............i was today years old.......

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah they were supposed to be an indicator of a Pokémon's best IV

it's not really crazy though that people wouldn't know that, GF took forever to even begin to have any transparency regarding evs and ivs

Back