• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Characters Discussion Thread

Favourite Rival?

• Belle

Votes: 39 60.9%
  • Cheren

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
    Years
    So, we all know that we have TWO rivals in Pokemon Black & White (Belle & Cheren) but who do you prefere and why?

Cheren (Left) Belle (Right)

Characters Discussion Thread

I prefere Belle because, seems freindly has a good sturdy team throughout the game and prooves her Dad that she's the toughest trainer by becoming the champion of Isshu :).
    Oh and not bad looking either ;).

Last edited:

Esmas

General
    Years
    I prefer Bel/Belle because... well, I'm not sure why, but I guess because she seems more original. I feel like I've seen Cheren before; Lucian, Conway, Max, etc. all look similar xD; I also like her hat, her clothes, and her personality. She is seeexay :D

blue

gucci
    Years
    For sure Belle! Common shes the champion! xd

I prefer Bel/Belle because... well, I'm not sure why, but I guess because she seems more original. I feel like I've seen Cheren before; Lucian, Conway, Max, etc. all look similar xD; I also like her hat, her clothes, and her personality. She is seeexay :D

Agree'd & Agree'd, Love her! :).

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    She touched my heart during her argument with her dad about travelling. So yeah, Belle.

Cheren is your typical "hey, you know how bla bla is bla bla? BTW let's battle" and then "-insert team name- is bad dude(tte) we should stop them" character. I've probably seen these kinds of characters before in Pokemon, so EVEN IF HE HAS GLASSES, I still like Belle more...

And besides, Belle became champion. Proves that she is a hidden badass.

Years
    I like Belle, because it seems like she has a sorta... childish personality, which I like in a character, so I'll go with Belle. There's that, and she's the champion. >:3

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Darn why did I click this topic, I just got spoiled ><

Anyway, hard choice there... I like them both, Belle because she seems outgoing and friendly judging from her appearance.. but I like Cheren a bit more because of his emo hair. xD;

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

Characters Discussion Thread
    Ohai I'm barry nice to meet u

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ^well they dress in similar colors, as well as the obvious hair comparison

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    i like belle because in the beggining her father doesnt want her to go and train pokmon but in the end she proves him worng and becomes a champ =)

Years
    Cheren, because he looks cool and his glasses are smexy. He seems more intelligent than Paul, Barry, Tracy and Max combined also. Belle seems like the typical female partner we always get- Misty, May, Dawn, etc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Cheren, because he looks cool and his glasses are smexy. He seems more intelligent than Paul, Barry, Tracy and Max combined also. Belle seems like the typical female partner we always get- Misty, May, Dawn, etc.
    Come to think about it it's odd why they didn't make ash travel with Belle instead of Iris...
    Well to me she looks different, and I just love her personality, to me Personality > intelligent looks.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Cheren, Belle's too much like girls I know in real life who irritate me. Cheren reminds me of my friends. I was disappointed he didn't get Belle's level of expertise...

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    Cheren, Belle's too much like girls I know in real life who irritate me. Cheren reminds me of my friends. I was disappointed he didn't get Belle's level of expertise...

Too right. Cheren looks more intelligent, Belle just looks like she would annoy you all day with stupidity >.>

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
    Cheren ofc!:D Looks smarter, has a better look and knows what he is doing. Belle can barelly take her Pokeballs out of her bag xD

Esmas

General
    Years
    ^But that's what I like about her :3 We haven't really gotten an unintelligent, annoying character as a main NPC (at least I can't recall if we have), and I find them somewhat funny. It lightens the mood a little. Cheren, on the other hand, doesn't really add a certain flavour to the game/anime's mood or anything.

Back