• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Charizard-like Pokémon in Gen V?

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    They don't bear much resemblance to digimon whatsoever. They're definitely a bit strange in appearance, but no less awkward than Dialga or Palkia were to me when I first saw D/P. Reshiram has an Arceus-like deity look to him, and has similar feet to Palkia, while Zekrom has a Palkia-like body build.

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
    Digimon was just a rip off of Pokemon back in the day. They don't even show it anymore. So if I where to say anything about this it would be Digimon took designs from Pokemon

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
    I can't limit Pokemon to a certain "Appearance", nor can I with Digimon, so I can't say anything about what "Pokemon" is becoming.
    Pokemon is Pokemon.
    It's been over 13 years since Pokemon started, it's bound to have significant differences as of now and then.
    I actually like the new Pokemon. They look freakin epic :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Now that somebody mentions it... Reshiram and Zekrom do look like Digimon. XD

And I like it! I've often been fascinated by the complicated designs of some Digimon, while I've mostly liked Pokémon because they're cute.

Though, I think Gen IV was moving pokémon designs more in the cartoonish direction, and judging by the new starters from Gen V, that's they way they're heading now as well...

Let's hope for more new pokémon looking a teeny bit Digimonish though. Because they're just cool like that. Go Reshiram!

Back