• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charizard statue. Opinions Please

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
Years
  • Here is my first attempt at a large scale polymer clay statue its ruffle 12 Inches high and 13 Inches wide. I made it on a whim because I love Charizard and thought it was alright as a first attempt.
    I've recently received a request for a statue of Mega Charizard X and so I just wanted to get some opinions from Pokemon fans who can tell me where I might have gone wrong, where the proportions are maybe a little wrong (I know the head looks a little big but that's just because it's neck is stretched forward) and just some general opinions, it would be very much appreciated.
    Oh and this statue is available for sale if anyone's interested :)

FRONT

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • My opinion is that it's great! I don't see anything wrong with the proportion at all, but then again I'm not anywhere near an expert in that area :P I really want to know how you did that fire on the tail that looks amazing!

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
    Years
  • My opinion is that it's great! I don't see anything wrong with the proportion at all, but then again I'm not anywhere near an expert in that area :P I really want to know how you did that fire on the tail that looks amazing!

Thanks a lot :) and the fire is an opaque orange resin flame set in a larger transparent red flame and attached to the tip of the tail

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Your Charizard figure is very awesome, but please don't double post! Double or consecutive posting is not allowed on PC and you've been around long enough to know that.

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
    Years
  • Your Charizard figure is very awesome, but please don't double post! Double or consecutive posting is not allowed on PC and you've been around long enough to know that.

I'm very sorry, I couldn't work out how to put more than one picture on my original post, this was the only way I could fine around it

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm very sorry, I couldn't work out how to put more than one picture on my original post, this was the only way I could fine around it

Don't worry about it, it's fine. :) I actually merged all of your posts into your first one, so all the images are together. I also put spoiler tags around them since your images were large enough to stretch the page on smaller resolutions.

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
    Years
  • Don't worry about it, it's fine. :) I actually merged all of your posts into your first one, so all the images are together. I also put spoiler tags around them since your images were large enough to stretch the page on smaller resolutions.

Thank you very much :) I'll learn how to do that if I post something similar next time

Years
  • Wow this is great! I love how the shape is detailed and smooth. It looks like no detail was forgotten. It must have been a whole lot of work, and the resin flame makes it even more special.

If there had to be criticism, I'm trying to figure out what could make it look even more similar. I find the pose a little bit stiff, but I suspect you were limited on that respect given the medium used. Also maybe the top of the head is a little bit too narrow.

The painting job is amazing btw. I'm curious to know if the wing old only with the clay or if you put anything in there :)

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
    Years
  • Wow this is great! I love how the shape is detailed and smooth. It looks like no detail was forgotten. It must have been a whole lot of work, and the resin flame makes it even more special.

If there had to be criticism, I'm trying to figure out what could make it look even more similar. I find the pose a little bit stiff, but I suspect you were limited on that respect given the medium used. Also maybe the top of the head is a little bit too narrow.

The painting job is amazing btw. I'm curious to know if the wing old only with the clay or if you put anything in there :)

Yeah I think it was around 30 hours all together.
    Okey I'll find a more natural pose and widen the head, thank you for the advice :)
    And the wings are made with a steel wire armature to support the weight of the clay.

Back