• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Charles's FireRed - A FireRed Enhancement Hack

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024

Charles's FireRed

This is a hack that I work on off-and-on every few years. The TLDR is that it:
    - Includes all mons
    - Has a bunch of QOL improvements
    - Has extra content both during the main storyline and postgame
    - Is (usually) faithful to the original game enough that I don't feel like I'm playing a hack

This project is always being updated, so for the latest info I'd check the changelog on Github.

Spoiler: Trailer

Spoiler: Screenshots

Goals and Features

I already like FireRed a lot. I really just wanted to make a purely single-player alternative that catered to all the things 10-year-old me would think are cool.

The standards:
    - All mons obtainable, either through catching, evolution, or events
    - Physical/special split
    - Infinite use TMs
    - HMs forgettable
    - Upgraded base stats and learnsets
    - Modern move standards
    - Unlocked standard FR events

Extras:
    - More pokeballs (currently cherish and quick, planning to add more)
    - Summon HM users - no need to teach to your party
    - After beating Giovanni, pokemon can be sold to TR
    - Trades are more difficult but guaranteed shiny
    - 11 new locations, with more on the way
    - A few are currently fairly empty, but I'm in the process of fleshing them out with events, trainers, and a more even distribution of the new 'mons
    - New legendary events
    - Johto - not currently on the main branch, but I'm trying to squeeze in at least a sizeable portion of Johto as a post-postgame

Credits

My hack is based on the pret decompilation of FireRed, and I've received lots of help from the maintainers in their discord. I've also made use of many enhancement tutorials listed on the pokefirered wiki, with credit given in my source code.

BPS Patch Download

This patch was generated from version 1.0.0 of FireRed

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I am really pumped about the idea of a Johto Post-game. Is there any possible way you can flesh out the whole region?
    It is possible, the real question is how long it will take. I'm currently limited by the number of map slots in the game, so I'll likely add in the first few towns or so at the minimum. But even that will take a long, long time. I work on this project in short (~2 week) bursts every few years so I wouldn't expect anything soon.

Back