• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose - Your own adventure! [Hoenn]

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Keep Tailow and use Wing Attack!
    Tailow zooms in close and slams Machop with her wings, doing a large amount of damage. But the trainer just smiles.
    "Machop... Counter!" Machop leaps towards Tailow, glowing white, and hits him with a mighty punch, knocking it out.
    "Sorry kid." says Mr Seashore. But maybe you should've payed attention to Machop's moveset before making your choice?" You recall Tailow, and send out your last Pokemon, Marshtomp. Machop leaps forward and Karate Chops it, doing some decent damage, but Marshtomp retaliates with a Mud Shot that knocks it out. The final trainer steps up, and releases their Pokemon.

Toxic
    Confusion
    Gust
    Protect
    "Blow it away with Gust!"
    "Marshtomp, Mud Shot!"
    "Deflect it with Confusion!"
    "Try Mud-Slap!"
    "Dustox, Protect!" Ack. This Dustox is deflecting every attack you throw its way, and Marshtomp is getting pretty weak from poison.
    What will you do?

Your Options
    -Use Mud-Slap!
    -Use Mud Shot!
    -Use Water Gun!
    -Use a Potion
    -Use an Antidote

Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Hmm If we use antidote we'll just be hit with Toxic again. negating a whole turn and putting Marshtomp in a bad situation. So I vote for
    Use Mud Shot Reasoning its the strongest ground attack we have and with dustox be part poison our best bet.

AuraPaladin

CRUISE CONTROL
    Years
    Well, IIRC, Toxic takes 8 turns max to kill something. We're on about turn...4? Plus we have already taken damage.

If we use a potion, at this rate, we'll lose 20 HP due to toxic alone.
    If we use an antidote, this buys us some more time, but leaves us vunerable to another toxic, as geruvagen has already stated.
    If we use Water Gun, we get a normal attack that does normal damage. Wheee.
    Mud Shot does the most damage, but is otherwise just vanilla.

However, I'm going to suggest Mud Slap. After this, we (hopefully) can heal up, and with a couple of accuracy demodifiers, plus Toxic's shaky accuracy to begin with, it suddenly becomes that much harder to poison. Unfortunately, if we Mud-Slap first, we take more damage then if we just used an antidote, then mud-slapped.

So, I'm going to suggest an antidote.

((I really hope I'm not looking too deep into this...))

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    @DarkPulse - Although turns don't mean much most of the time in this game, as it's possible to get several consecutive moves in, it actually would be turn 4, cos of all those other moves that were attempted that got blocked.
    @AuraPaladin - No, putting thought into it is a good thing. :) Looking at in logically would usually help get the best answer.

Use an Antidote!
    You reach down and give Marshtomp an Antidote. Dustox, who had been anticipating another attack attempt, uses a useless Gust attack into mid-air. Marshtomp is no longer poisoned, but Dustox is looking mutinous, it'll probably attempt another Toxic, so it might not be able to deflect your attack. What do you want to use?

Your Options
    -Use Mud Shot
    -Use Mud-Slap
    -Use Water Gun
    -Use Bide

Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

AuraPaladin

CRUISE CONTROL
    Years
    @ Diablere, I thought that DarkPulse was right. Doesn't a turn consist of each pokemon moving? I made an error, I'll admit to that. But the strategy remains the same.

Alright, now for the plan to (hopefully) work.

Mud-Slap for pretty much the same reason that DarkPulse suggested. Let's get this mud on.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Mud-Slap Dustox!
    You seize the chance to one-up Dustox and slam him with a Mud-Slap. The mud blinds Dustox, throwing the Toxic way off target. Marshtomp slams Dustox with several more Mud-Slaps.
    "End it with Mud Shot!" you yell as Marshtomp fires the attack.
    "Deflect it with Gust!" yells the trainer, but the Gust flies off in completely the wrong direction and the Mud Shot hits Dustox, knocking it out.
    "Congrats kid, you sure showed me some hot battles! Take this six-pack of Soda Popas your reward!"
    Afterwards, you visit the Pokemon Centre and walk back down the street, meeting up with Wattson.
    "Ready for your rematch kid?" asks Wattson.
    "Of course!" you say.
    "As a two-on-two single battle, you own't be able to use your whole team, so pick your best two when they're needed. You've gotten a lot stronger... but so have I! Voltorb, go!" And he releases that familiar speedy Voltorb.

Charge
    Shock Wave
    Sonicboom
    Tackle

Your Options
    -Marshtomp
    -Tailow
    -Tentacool

Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Tailow worked last time, and we can only hope that it will work this time. There is a chance that Wattson has learn't from his mistake, but Tentacool won't last long and Marshtomp just isn't fast enough.

I'm going to go with Tailow.

Back