• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose Your Own Adventure-Isshu (Isshu Spoilers)

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
  • Welcome to choose your own adventure- Isshu Version! There's one set in Johto, Sinnoh and Hoenn, and there was one in Kanto, so why shouldn't there be an Isshu one?

Before you continue reading, there will be Spoilers about Generation V.
    Gameplay:
    There's a Sinnoh, Johto and Hoenn version, you should already know the rules. But if you haven't seen them, I'll post a scenario and some options, you choose an option, first option with 3 votes wins. Then, I'll post what'll happen if we do the winning option, and post some more options. Only I can post more options.
    I have also decided to put tips in every now and then. If you follow them, they could help you on your journey.

Rules:
    Follow all pokecommunity rules that apply to this section
    Only I can post new options
    Once an option has got 3 votes, voting is closed

Prologue:
    It has been 20 years since Isshu has been discovered by the other regions, and the gyms are run by the children of previous leaders, but with the same team. I'll post the Gym Leader teamlists when we get to them.
    You're a child living in Isshu, and today is your 10th birthday. That means you can get your Starter pokemon!

First Scenario:
    You wake up, and your mum tells you there's a package downstairs adressed to you and your friends, Amy and John. Your mum also says it was sent by Professor Araragi. However, your mum doesn't know what's inside. What do you do?

First Set Of Options:
    Run downstairs and rip the parcel open
    Run downstairs and run outside to play, ignoring the parcel
    Play some games on your Wii and ignore your mum

Tip:
    Choosing the second answer on this one and the next three will net you an alternate starter, which could put a twist on the entire game.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I'm going with Option 1, like Polizard.
    '
    I can already see playing the Wii would make the story longer than it has to be, and may even end up with Cheren or Belle opening the parcel.

Same with option 2 since we may edven encounter Cheren and/or Belle who already have their Pokemon while ours could possibly be still in the parcel.

So option 1.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Option 1.

I might of chosen the wii option if I didn't find it so boring with Wii Fit and stuff XD

Years
  • why does there have to be 5 of these :S
    inb4 one for Fiore, Orre, and Almia.
    Anyhow option 2 because if we get the starter choice than all the fanboys will end up picking smugleaf.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • I casn't believe you didn't want ... as your starter!

Sorry Karpman, Running downstairs and ripping the parcel open already has 3 votes. So that it is!

Also, since you didn't choose option 2, you broke the chain of a alternate starter. But, since I'm nice, I'm gonna give another Alternate Starter option. The options you need to choose to get an alernate starter are option 4, then option 3, then option 2, then option 1, then option 1 again.

Scenario:
    You run downstairs and rip open the parcel, not even letting your mother, Amy or John help you open it. You find three pokeballs inside. One has a flame mark on, one has a rain drop mark on, and the last has a leaf mark on. Which one do you pick? Or do you pick any at all?

Options:
    The pokeball with the Flame Mark
    The pokeball with the Rain Drop mark
    The pokeball with the Leaf mark
    Run outside to play

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    The one with the rain drop mark

If this Mijumaru's anything like the one from the anime, we'll be very good friends :D

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • @Meduza
    Did I ever say Mijumaru was in that ball? I just said it had a rain drop mark on.
    Also, I'm gonna vote for running outside to play.

OK, the current tally of votes:

The pokeball with the Flame Mark-0
    The pokeball with the Rain Drop mark-1
    The pokeball with the Leaf mark-1
    Run outside to play-1

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    im gonna make a prediction
    raindrops gonna have hiyappu the worst monkey of them all
    imo of course

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • So, we're gonna pick the pokeball with the Rain Drop Mark on it. I'm gonna use sprites to show you the gen 5 pokemon in this CYOA.
    @Zen
    Don't worry, it's not gonna be Hiyappu!

Scenario
    You pick up the pokeball with the Rain Drop Mark on it. Amy picks up the one with the Leaf mark, and John picks up the one with the Flame Mark. You decide let the pokemon inside the pokeball out. It is revealed to be a Koaruhie!
    Amy lets out her pokemon too, a Shikijika!
    John decides to join in by letting his pokemon out too. It is a Darumakka!
    Amy and John both want to battle you. What do you do?

Opponent Amy

Shikijika LV5
    Tackle, Camouflague, Growl

Opponent John

Darumakka LV5
    Tackle, Rollout

Options:
    1. Accept Amy's challenge, but not John's
    2. Accept John's challenge, but not Amy's
    3. Battle John then Amy
    4. Battle Amy then John
    5. Do a Battle Royale (Threeway battle)
    6. Accept neither challenge and run outside to play

Your things
    Your pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Your items:
    Spoiler:

Also, next voter gets to nickname our Koaruhie!

Last edited:

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Imma call it Koaruhie (So when it evolves, it's name changes too to Swanna)!

I choose Accept John's challenge, but not Amy's

We have a type advantage against Darukakka, a Fire Type, but not against Shikijika, a Grass Type.

And remember, we're a Water Type.

Koaruhie won't know a Flying Attack until Level 9, Wing Attack, while we have a Water Attack, Water Gun, as a start move.

And I'm just assuming we're starting at Level 1 or 5 since this is a Starting Pokemon which has been untouched.

Back