• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose your own Adventure Kanto

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
  • Since i saw all of them but kanto and kanto was the original i thought i might as well make one.

So by now we should all know how this works so Im not going to waste anyone's time explaining it.

Ohh but there is one Rule once the tally hits 3 for one option please stop posting to avoid clutter

Chapter 1

You wake up on July the 26th 2010, It is has been 3 and a half weeks since your 14th birthday, the last 3 and a half weeks have been torture, Waiting day after day to get your very first pokemon. The day has finally arrived you wake up bright and early and start heading to professor oaks Lab. On your way you hear a pokemon cry in pain.

Do you:
    1. Look for and try to help the pokemon it would not be right to leave without helping
    2. Continue on the pokemon will be fine you don't want to miss out on a pokemon
    3. Tell some one to help the pokemon and continue on

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • ah Kanto I saw that Meduza tried to start one , but in the wrong section :(

Well anyway I choose..Look for and try to help the pokemon it would not be right to leave without helping

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    :( I asked for it to be moved but no one got my message.

It's probably for the ebst since I might of forgot to check up on it.

I'm saying Tell some one to help the pokemon and continue on for this reason alone.

It's probably a wild Piakchu like in Yellow, where you go in the grass and end up encountering up, only to be saved by Prof. Oak.

I'm not saying I hate Pikachu, but we only have 1 gym advantage, Cerulean Gym, if we use Pikachu.

And like in yellow, you can't even evolve Pikachu since it refuses to, so I don't think it's the best move.

I'm not heartless enough to just leave the crying Pokemon to go with Option 2, which is why I'll say C.

And chances are, it will be the rival who ends up with that crying Pokemon, which I'm betting's a Pikachu.

Given advantage to us. :)

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Option 3 please.

No one can argue with that statement XD.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • Pokemon which you could ignore without seeing what it is? Reminds me of the original Kanto version. (I've learnt not to ignore them, it was Mew last time...)

Anywho, yeah, let's go with Option 3!

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Tell some one to help the pokemon and continue o

You call out to anyone who would listen when all hope seems lost that no one will help the injured pokemon a man says he will help the pokemon Satisfied with his help you press on the Professor Oaks lab. Still wondering what pokemon was crying for help.

You finally arrive at Professors Oak lab and enter He greets you at the door and takes you into his office in his office he explains to you how you now get the option of one of three pokemon to begin your journey with all are equally trained and will be a valuable asset to your team.
    He offers you
    1 Charmander the Fire ytpe
    2 Squirtle the Warter type
    3 Bulbasaur the Grass type

Years
  • @doctorfred, How exactly does bulbasaur, suck?
    If you don't give a reason then I guess Arceus 'sucks' as well.
    And have you ever heard of the pokemon mankey :/

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Bulbasaur since it can help us in the first two gyms and the last gym. :)

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • @doctorfred, How exactly does bulbasaur, suck?
    If you don't give a reason then I guess Arceus 'sucks' as well.
    And have you ever heard of the pokemon mankey :/
    Well, its just my opinion. His typing (grass) has many weaknesses, he learns pathetic moves (in gen I anyway), And i think his design isn't all that good compared to the other kanto starters. And if we are talking about personal opinion, then, you are right, i think Arceus does suck.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm going to end this argument and say Bulbasaur. It was my favorite Kanto starter ever since I got my Blue Version, and even before then I loved Ash's Bulbasaur. <3

And Red got Bulbasaur as his starter. So there.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks Binary Peaches for ending the argument (people can we refrain from going off topic by just plain arguing.

I choose Bulbasaur.
    Professor Oak gives you the Bulbasaur and give you a basic idea of what your expecting in the kanto region. Just before you leave he gives you a pokedex and 5 pokeballs and sends you on your way. Immediately after leaving the lab the gentleman who you told about the injured pokemon appears and explains that the pokemon you told him about was very friendly and after he assisted the pokemon it decided to join him on his journey. After explaining that he challenges you to a battle with his new pokemon.

Do you
    1. Accept the challenge
    2. Decline the challenge

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Gearuvagen you know me i assure you it is not pikachu

Of course i accept the challenge i can never become a great trainer if i don't accept challenges and train to better myself and my pokemon, You immediately call out your Bulbasaur and it looks a bit nervous and uneasy, you give him some words of encouragement and look to the gentleman to see what pokemon he sends out.
    He grabs his pokeball and throws its. In a shinning light a growlithe appears. He says since my pokemon is at an advantage i will let you make the first move.

Options
    1 Tackle
    2.Growl
    3. Leech Seed
    4 Razor Leaf

Back