• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose Your Own Adventure - Nuzlocke Style

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    I've seen threads like this everywhere, and to be honest, I always wanted to make one, so here it is! Choose Your Own Adventure - Nuzlocke Style! Don't forget, everything happens for a reason!

How it works (if you don't know)
    I tell a part of the story. Then, I give the player a few options. You will post what you think the player should do. Then, the story will continue, and the player will do what the majority said he should do.

How the Nuzlocke Challenge works:
    If a Pokémon faints, it's dead.
    You can only catch the first Pokémon you meet on a route. If you kill it, too bad.
    All Pokémon need nicknames.

What makes this thread interesting:
    A storyline from a different point of view.
    Added drama because Pokémon can talk and are bros.
    Irony, sarcasm, wrong and random stuff.

Now that that's out of the way, here's the story.

You wake up in a dark room. So dark, actually, you can't see anything. You feel around your body. No curves, so that must mean you're a boy. You remember your name: Luke. But you don't remember anything else... You think hard and something pops up in your mind. You remember where you are.

You are in:
    1) Kanto
    2) Johto
    3) Hoenn
    4) Sinnoh

Last edited:

Dark: Random Guy

Professional Coin Flipper
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    Agreed. What is the point of this?

If you want to do a nuzlocke challenge then do it on your actual pokemon game. Nuzlocke on here would be colossal amounts of boring repetition.

tkallab

Years
    Ummm, thanks? Illegal to have some fun here? Geez, I'm just bored. If you're not interested, just leave this thread alone and it'll die, and I'll get the message. I'll just wait and see if there's anyone interested, and if not, bad luck for me. It's as simple as that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    i'm just saying it doesn't work well like this.

jeez. no need to be so defensive.

tkallab

Years
    When someone says something I don't really agree with, I at least get to tell him my opinion, right?

My idea was to not just add those Nuzlocke rules, I was gonna make the story interesting. Like the Nuzlocke comics. Warping the storyline, making the Pokémon able to speak and all... So for me, this is not an alternative to doing a Nuzlocke run, but making a Nuzlocke fan comic, which I am also doing, by the way.

Just don't judge this before it's started, okay?

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    and if you'd said that in the first place people wouldn't have seen it as such a repetitive concept and this debate wouldn't even be happening.

regardless, you have to admit that response did come across as a bit of an overeaction. Also, i never said you couldn't tell your own opinion on the matter. You just went and assumed that i was so just calm down and we'll get started on this Nuzlocke thing then.

Hoenn.

tkallab

Years
    Just so you know, I wasn't mad or defensive, but I understand I may mave been percieved as overreacting.
    I'll just make a small paragraph in the first post about how this is different from other threads like this.

Thanks for voting. ;)

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    Uh so we have to vote a region?

I choose hoenn, since i'm doing a ruby nuzlocke challenge.

tkallab

Years
    Ey, it's alright. I kind of understand it, I was already kind of hesitating to make this thread because there were already so many.

I'll take five votes before continuing, unless it becomes a tie. The next vote can make the difference between definitely Hoenn or a tie.

tkallab

Years
    Hoenn it is then.

You realize the dark room is actually the inside of a truck. The floor is shaking, so you must be going somewhere.
    Your memory is starting to come back. You are moving from your home in Saffron City to the quiet Littleroot Town. It's very close to your father's gym, and a friend of your family lives there. You're starting to wonder how the hell you could have lost your memory earlier. It almost seemed like some kind of lame excuse for an introduction. You stand up, but suddenly get dizzy out of motion sickness and fall down, bumping your head against the wall in the process. This must have been how you lost your memory, you think, before passing out.
    Some time later, you find yourself in that same truck, with your memory and all. Light suddenly falls into the room through the hole that had miraculously formed in the back of the container, and you jump out. Your mom is standing in front of you.

What do you do?

1) Talk to your mom
    2) Go meet your new neighbours, ignoring your mother
    3) Go to Route 101 and get a Pokémon

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    3) Go to Route 101 and get a Pokémon

Let's just get this started and not go to pointless dialog XD

tkallab

Years
    Ignoring your mother, you walk straight towards the road that leads to Oldale Town. She starts following you, talking in a lot of different tones, varying from red with anger to begging, but you don't pay attention to the words. Suddenly, you notice she's talking more slowly. You look at your feet and see they're moving like a pair of Slugma's. You carefully listen to what your mother is trying to tell you in slow-motion: "Please go set your clock."
    Not fully understanding what's going on, but having a faint idea, you walk to your new home, your movements becoming slower with each second. You start running, but it's still not as fast as your walking speed before time had begun slowing down. You fear you won't make it before time stops, but then you see your house showing up in the distance. Surprisingly, you make it inside without a lot of time passing, as if there was an illusion that made it seem much farther away. After what seems like hours of climbing the stairs, you reach your room and set the clock to 8 o'clock, afternoon.
    You have no idea what just happened, but it must have everything to do with your clock, so you put it in your bag.
    You walk out if the house, still ignoring your mother, and head for Route 101 again. When you get there you see a bag lying on the ground. Upon further inspection, you find out it belongs to your family's friend, Professor Birch. There is a puddle of what appears to be blood about twenty feet away from you.

1) Return the bag
    2) Steal the bag
    3) Check inside the bag
    4) Inspect the puddle

Back