• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Christ and the Church of God

Kanye West

but you can call me great
Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    deletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedelete

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I'm sure that that's not how Jesus dies, ever.

In death, especially in this interconnected day and age, should have been made famous. I can understand when back in 1 AD, where military commands even took weeks and weeks to get around "the world".

And besides, Jesus comes back during the End of Days. So who cares? Obviously it hasn't come (or we missed it) so go ahead and live your life, ignoring him.

Years
  • I have a simple argument to disprove the doctrine of that church that Ahn Sahng-hong is the promised second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. Here.

2 Peter 3:10 (King James Version) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Question: Did the heavens passed away already?
    Answer: Not yet.
    Conclusion No. 1: The Lord Jesus has not yet come.
    Conclusion No. 2: Since the Lord Jesus has not yet come, Mr. Ahn Sahng-hong cannot be the promised second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Given I know the Bible isn't even true, this group is the most cultish possible cult.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Given I know the Bible isn't even true, this group is the most cultish possible cult.

Out of curiosity, how do you know the Bible isn't true? Please, share your infinite knowledge with us. Be quiet, children, the teacher is speaking.

Edit: I'm not a believer myself, due to never having a strong faith and personal issues with the church, but I'd like to know all about your definitive proof that the Bible isn't true.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

Out of curiosity, how do you know the Bible isn't true? Please, share your infinite knowledge with us. Be quiet, children, the teacher is speaking.

Edit: I'm not a believer myself, due to never having a strong faith and personal issues with the church, but I'd like to know all about your definitive proof that the Bible isn't true.

It's simple: It follows directly from my knowledge that God is not real. So it is impossible for there to exist a work "inspired" by a nonexistent being, thus the Bible is, at best, a compilation of fictional work.

Which then, of course, raises the question of how I know God doesn't exist. But here is where I must clarify how I am using the verb "know". It is impossible for anybody to know anything with 100% certainty. From this it must follow that a practical definition of knowing should require less certainty that is still a reasonable high amount. Through science, we obtain this certainty. We obtain observations and derive theories through abductive arguments that explain these observations. There are two simple observations in this universe: God cannot be sensed by regular senses nor by equipment, and God is not required for any scientific theory. What is the most likely explanation: That God wants to hide or that God doesn't exist? Let's put in a similar argument: Undetectable Pink Elephants (hereby denoted UPEs) cannot be sensed by regular senses nor equipment and are not required to explain any scientific theory. What is the most likely explanation: That UPE's want to hide or that UPE's don't exist?

Thus, I am as certain that God doesn't exist just as I am certain that UPE's don't exist or that there are fairies under my garden. I can claim to know these propositions with such a reasonable scientific certainty, which is the highest practical kind of certainty for human knowledge.

And that's how I know the Bible is not true.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Using the verb "know" means you have to have a thereom or postulate to prove it. For example, I know 1+1=2, not 3, 8.2, or 7 because of the addition postulate.

You have no proof that it does or does not exist, and you even claim that you don't know it as a fact. Therefore, a more fitting word is "believe". I believe that the Bible is true because I have faith that it is true and not because I have any definitive evidence. I can't say I know the Bible is true, because I don't have any evidence. Therefore, you fall under the same idea, that you believe the Bible is not true.

Saying that the Bible is fake is very offensive to many people including me, so please word yourself a little better next time. We don't mind personal opinions, but insult to our life's purpose is something we don't take lightly. I think that can apply to any religion in the world.

PS And even if it's not true, it's still a very good guide on how to love one another and make a perfect world, as I have found.

Back