• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cinccino Next Destinies Question

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    SO, cinccino has this echoed voice attack:

Cinccino Next Destinies Question

SO what are the rules with this? And can you back up what you say with cited information please?

Is it 50 the first turn and 100 every turn after that? Or does it increase by 50 every turn? Or does it go from 50 to 100 back to 50?

I really need to know. Thanks

Years
  • The way the card is worded, I believe it means it does the extra 50 in addition to the base damage of 50. The damage it did the last turn is irrelevant to the damage it does on the current turn. Otherwise it would be horrendously overpowered, and playing against a horrendously overpowered card is no fun.

I came up with this answer after researching based on searching rulings by professors on another TCG forum I visit: PokeGym. Particularly PokePop's ruling on how the attack would work if a Zoroark from Black & White were to use its Foul Play attack to use it. If my memory serves, there has been at least one other card worded like this, and that card's damage didn't stack with each turn. I don't remember what card that was, though. If you doubt me, ask Raikou_Trainer, since he is actually a certified Pokemon Professor who frequents these forums.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • From what the text says, it should be doing 50 on the first turn that it's used, then 100 every sequential turn until it's KO'd or removed from active.

Remember that attack damages reset to the base damage at the end of every turn, when switched out, and when knocked out. It would have to be an ability forcing Cinccino to stack the extra attack power, or some other play condition involving X amount of cards(benched, in play, cards in hand, remaining prizes, etc.).

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
    Years
  • Tanaki hit it right on the head. To clarify his second point, there's an effect placed on Cincinno that makes it's next attack do 100 damage instead of 50. This effect gets removed when Cincinno is sent to the Bench, doesn't attack for a turn, or gets KO'd. Hopefully this helped to answer your question.

If my memory serves, there has been at least one other card worded like this, and that card's damage didn't stack with each turn. I don't remember what card that was, though.
    I believe you may have been referring to the Metagross from Legends Awakened. While worded differently (and in my opinion, worded better), it's still the same effect as Cincinno.

Back