• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clan Wars - 'The Clan' vs. 'The Generation'

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
    The Clan Wars
    Clan Wars - 'The Clan' vs. 'The Generation'

The Clan -versus- The Generation

A Clan War is a competition between clans to show who among the clans has more skill, expertise, dedication, and perhaps downright luck in Pokemon battling. Each team will compete under a set of pre-determined rules for a set period of time, with each victory scoring a point for both himself and his team. Participants battle freely amongst themselves as challenges are issued and accepted.

Participants
    As agreed upon by ABYAY and celestial_okami, a number of representatives will be chose from each side to battle. Please withhold discussion as to who should be chosen, that will be done in each side's respective threads.

The Clan - Ooka, Name, Mike Ukiuki, Alakazam17, Tortured_Soul, Pkmn Breeder Jack, Umanouski, Xairmo, Shiraishi, and celestial_okami.
    The Generation - ABYAY, DeanoDance, Loto, hammerhead, dunlop86, element2009, Ito_Igami, soybob88, _Prince_, Warheart

Members of each side's clan who are not chosen as representatives can still participate in the Clan War, but they cannot battle fellow clan members and cannot score points for their team (only for themselves).

PokeCommunity members who are not members of either clan may participate. They may score points only for themselves.

All Clan War battles must abide by the following rules:
    6v6 OU Singles
    Lv.100 Battle
    Sleep Clause
    Evasion Clause
    OHKO Move Clause
    Species Clause
    Explosion Clause
    Uber Clause

Sleep
    You may not put more than one of your opponent's pokemon to sleep at a time unless it was by an event you had no control over (e.g. The ability Effect Spore when one of your opponent's pokemon is already asleep via your actions.) or unless your only other option in the battle is to concede (e.g. You are down to your last pokemon, which uses Hypnosis. You miss, and on the next turn your opponent uses Encore).

Evasion
    You may not use a move which raises your evasion unless it was by an event you had no control over. (e.g. Raising evasion via Acupressure is allowed because the stat increase is random.) You may use a held item that raises evasion provided that is not restricted by some other clause.

OHKO Move
    No moves which faint the opponent in one hit may be used unless it was by an event you had no control over (e.g. Metronome). For reference, these moves are Horn Drill, Guillotine, Fissure, and Sheer Cold.

Species
    No more than one pokemon of each species is allowed.

Explosion
    If a player causes a Draw through the use of Explosion, Self Destruct, or Destiny Bond, that player loses the game instead.

Uber
    No pokemon in the 'Uber' tier are allowed. Uber tier pokemon are considered to be too powerful for the OU metagame.
    The Uber tier consists of the following pokemon:
    Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, and Wobbuffet.

Violating the rules or any of the clauses results in an immediate loss, although your opponent may waive the infraction and continue the battle if both players explicitly agree to it.
    If you disconnect during the battle you will be expected to have a rematch using the exact same team. Repeated disconnecting will be highly frowned upon and if you are suspected of disconnecting in order to not suffer a loss there will be consequences.

Scoring
    Winning a battle scores the winner one point for himself.
    A loss scores the loser zero points.
    A draw scores both sides zero points.
    If the winner is a member of a clan and battle a member of the opposing clan, he scores his clan one Clan Point.

You need to report the results of your match via PM to celestial_okami in order to score points.

Prizes
    Prizes will be awarded for the following accomplishments:
    - Highest scoring trainer of both clans and out-clan participants (1st)
    - Highest scoring trainer from a different group (2nd)
    - Highest scoring trainer from the remaining group (3rd)
    - Trainer with the longest streak of undefeated victories (Extra, 1st)
    - Person voted as 'Best Battler' by the opposing team, taking into account attitude and sportsmanship. (Extra, 2nd, 3rd)

Prizes will be put into a pool which the winners will choose from. The Extra 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will choose from the pool first. Then, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place participants will each choose a prize in turn until there are no prizes remaining.

The winning clan is the one with the most points scored from battles with the opposing clan. While there isn't clan-wide prize, the winner is encouraged to distribute the prizes he does not need amongst his clanmates.

Specific prizes will be announced once they have been collected.
    - Full Power Item set (Power Band, Brace, Belt, Lens, Weight, Ankle), each item taken individually. From celestial_okami.
    - 2 PP Max, 2 Masterball, Choice Specs & Choice Band, each taken as a set of 2. From celestial_okami.
    - One King's Rock, Life Orb, and Scope Lens, taken Individually. From celestial_okami.
    - One Damp, Heat, and Smooth rock, taken as a set. From celestial_okami.
    - One pokemon of choice IV bred. From Tortured_soul.
    - One each of Apicot, Ganlon, Leichi, Petaya, Salac, and Starf berries (aka 'Pinch' berries), taken as a set of 6. From Tortured_soul.
    - Six TM's of winner's choice taken in sets of 2. From ABYAY.
    - One Leftovers, Choice item, and any Berry, taken as a set of 3. From Hammerhead.
    - Shiny Jolly Mankey (useful for an upcoming UU tournament held by The Clan!). From Ooka.
    - Choice of pokemon from Alakazam17's trading thread (here). Up to an amount allowed by Alakazam17.
    - Adamant Magikarp, IVs - 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31. From Tortured_Soul.
    - Shiny Naive Bagon, IVs - 12 / 24/ 17 / 24 / 20 / 29. From Nameless.
    - Calm Skarmory "Failmory", IVs - 0 / 1 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 3, from Totured_Soul.
    - Jolly Riolu, with Blaze Kick and Crunch. From Kuro.
    - Sneasel with Ice Punch, good IVs in speed and attack. From Mike Ukiuki.
    - More to come.

-Credit for design goes to Ooka-

Last edited:

Abdul

Elite Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2008
    I don't really battle but quick question Wifi lv 100 battles make all pokemon involved lv 100 right? (Member of The Generation FYI)

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
    Yes, wifi makes the pokemon level 100. Prizes are / should be being collected by each group's respective leaders. If you can contribute prizes, please contact either leader.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Alright, I'm the first to sign up (Member of the Clan), pair me up with one of their best battlers

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Celestial, how many do we need from each clan for this to commence? I need to know that first.

Also, it's ABYAY, not ABAY. lol I'll explain my confusing name later on.

*Looks at Name on a spike leash ready to come out and "attack" me.*

Last edited:

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
    Well, this is gonna be loads of fun. Can't wait to see both teams rep list. ;p

Also...how many ACTIVE battlers do we have Abyay?

Last edited:

ABYAY

Years
    okay, I think we're ultimately deciding on 10 representatives from each side; that will be fine by me.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Yeah, I think it's ten. (Just here to say so. xD) I have nominated ten people. You do have enough members right ABYAY? I think your clan is fairly new is it not?

~desu Saba~

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    I GOT AN IDEA! For the clan war, we could have someone make a "trophy" badge like thing. The winner of the clan war gets to put that in their main thread to show off victories. ^^ This would be kind of cool. Too bad I can't make anything...hehehehe. Or else I would. (The light line that flashes over the badges are kind of cool. We should do that for the "trophy".)

~desu Saba~

This is an idea I posted in our main thread.

~desu Saba~

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
    It does seem like a cool idea, but we would need someone to make the graphics. I am not good at making graphics but if I find good premade image I could do something. I'll see if I can get around to it.

ABYAY

Years
    lol for the banner at the top, I knew I should've given you the ABY img code. If you'd like, I still can in PM.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Seeing as this has been kicked to the second page, I just thought I'd ask when this thing will be officially underway, and of course, how long will it last for? :D

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Dude..I'm totally joining the..other clan..The one that isn't "The Clan," but, y'know...the unheard of clan fighting the..clan ._.

...That sentance was so gramatically incorrect just now XD

So anyways, yeah. Good luck and..whatever o_O

Go out there..and bust some ass. REPRESENTIN'!! WUTWUT!?!

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I say next Saturday, when I will be abalible. If I can crush Warheart, I'll be happy.

..Dude, I'm not even in this. I quit playing pokemon a while back when I..got a life. I'm not sure why I'm even in this thread right now O_O;;

...BUT STILL!! I'm gonna be on like..whatever team sims isn't on because he's my, y'know...ultimate rival of poke extremity..and stuff ._.

Ohhh..The tables have turned. It's on, betch T_T

..So yeah, just based off the fact that I need to fight sims, is it possible that I could the "Generation" for like, 3 hours, then quit? o_O

Back