• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clash of the Titans [PG-14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Route 116

Axel and Clark sat down at the entrance of Rusturf tunnel. Both had a small, but substantial sandwich in their hands.

"Thanks again for lunch, Clark. This sandwich is killer." Axel managed to mumble through his food-stuffed mouth. Clark nodded, his happy grin radiating pleasantness.

"Ain't nothin' at all, son! Why, any boy that battles like you do deserves a little bit o' top notch grub from time to time!" he laughed again, and looked at the tunnel. "You headin' through that tunnel?" Axel nodded and took another bite of his sandwich. For the first time since they had met, Clark frowned. "I'd be careful in there, son. I saw some odd folks heading in there about 15 minutes before you got here. Strange lookin' fella.. had a red cape on. Another fella followed him, had himself a blue sorta cloaky capey thing." Axel started.

"Red cape? How long ago? What did he look like?" he said with a sudden vivacity that surprised the Hiker. The hiker described the man, and Axel sunk back down. None of the men he had met the other night fit that description.

"You know those fellas?" Clark queried, one eyebrow slightly raised.

"Don't worry about it; just some personal stuff." Axel shook his head, and Clark shrugged.

"Oh well. Tell you something, kid. I'm a simple man… and a simple man has simple tastes!" he cried happily, and took a giant bite out of his sandwich. Axel couldn't help but smile at the large man's temperament. "Say, kid, isn't that.."

Axel turned around, and gasped. "What is that? I've never seen one before." It was small, maybe only a foot and a half tall. The fur covering most of its body was blue, with patches of black on its hind legs, and a curious sort of tail that ended in a bright yellow star. Axel whipped out his Pokedex and pointed cautiously at the creature, careful not to startle it.

"Shinx. The Flash Pokemon," droned the pokedex in a loud whine that made the Shinx look up casually. Axel quickly stifled the speaker so that it was less audible. Through his shirt, it continued in its listless drone.

"All of its fur dazzles if danger is sensed. It flees while the foe is momentarily blinded. Its forelegs have a muscle-based system of generating electricity; the extension and contraction of its muscles generates electricity."

Axel looked at the creature with awe. Clark chuckled to himself. "Electric pokemon. Never did have any use for 'em. 'Cept for lighting up caves, of course!" he laughed to himself and Axel shushed him vigorously, which only made him laugh even more. "Go ahead, son! Show me what kind of pokemon catcher you are." Axel drew Zubat's pokeball from it's holster and released her.

"Zubat, this is you. Here we go!" he stood, and the Shinx looked him dead in the eye. With an odd red flash of it's eyes, Axel felt suddenly slightly afraid and uncomfortable. He shuddered and mumbled to Zubat. "Zubat, let's just take care of this. Supersonic!" Zubat nodded and fired off a wave. However, the Shinx anticipated this move, and quickly dove to the left. The supersonic ricocheted off of a tree and zoomed back towards Zubat, who dodged it. However, it managed to slam smack dab into Clark, whose eyes slowly crossed and his thick legs turned to jelly. "Sorry bout that!" Axel called without looking, his eyes still firmly locked on the Shinx.

The small pokemon certainly showed no interest in bolting, or it would have done so by now. Instead it stood its ground, its beady little eyes locked firmly on Zubat's form flitting back and forth above him. "Zubat, go in for a bite. Be careful, this one's quick." Zubat obeyed, streamlining her body so as to quickly get in and then get out. Within a split second, it was over.

Zubat had gone in for the bite as planned, but her opponent saw through her technique and leaped deftly to the side before slamming viciously into her form, tackling her into a tree. Zubat was pinned down on the tree, and the Shinx backed up to throw another tackle her way, slamming her even harder into the tree. "Wait for it, Zubat!" Axel called, aware that she must be in serious pain. "Wait for it…" he whispered to himself.

The Shinx let out a growl that turned into a roar, and it threw itself at the tree with Zubat pinned to it. It was barely 3 feet away and heading fast, when Axel yelled "Now!" and Zubat quickly darted upwards, causing the Shinx to smash headfirst into the tree. It stumbled around, and finally sat down, dazed. Axel took his chance, and threw a Pokeball hard and fast at the downed creature.

The ball exploded into light, and then closed again, the Shinx wiggling about desperately to escape. It wiggled once… twice…

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    ~ YoshiRiRu - Aaah, I still love the guy's accent =3

Axel just caught a lv.6 male Shinx!

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    OOC: (Just realized I have been saying wether and tough instead of whether and though for as long as I can remember, oh and I'll delete scratch. Oh and it's october break and I'm stuck in Sri Lanka, so expect a whole bunch of posts :D
    Around three o clock, well at least after he got the badge but still on the same day :D
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seph couldn't stop admiring his first gym badge, he had polished it as soon as he got it. When he was finally satisfied that it shone, he put it in his case - wait... he didn't have a case. The thought shot through him, and he fumbled around the pokemon center room. He found a mac donalds box and smiled, he overturned the box, and some leftover lettuce fell on the desk. It wasn't anything special but... he began fidgeting with his belt as he always did, tracing the dragon outline. His belt was filled with pokeballs, tough only one of them occupied. His grandma had told him that it was his grandpa's which he had used when he was a trainer. He could clearly see why it was meant for a trainer; next to the pokeball slots, it had a couple of slots where he had already put his potion it, there was what appeared to be a knife buckle, there was a slot for a pouch with money, and one for maybe berries. Seph had also clipped his pokenav and pokedex to it, and he looked just about as well equiped as a hiker. There were some slots on the back, and he had no clue as to what they were for, and then there were some small slots around the buckle. They were small enough for a badge, and he decided to try it out.

Yes, Yes! No!!!! It didn't fit, and now the badge was jammed tight. He took off the belt and clipped the badge between his teeth.

"Uggh," the groan escaped his mouth. The belt clattered (Thats a word right?) to the floor, and he gasped in surprise.

"Ugh? Uhh?" He coughed and gagged up the badge, he had swallowed it when it had been freed from the belt. So much for the polish, he could taste the pang of detergent in his mouth. He then carefully tried the other slots, and finally found one that fit, all the way on the bottom.

"Thats cool," he admitted, and then looked at the clock. Just about time to go, he lifted the sheets to reveal Stripes curled up on the pillow. He poked the pokemon in the side, and when it didn't open its eyes he picked up the pillow and threw it across the room. The pokemon screeched and landed on his feet.

"Hehe," he forced back a chuckle. He couldn't help it, Stripes was just asking for it. The pokemon annoyedly shook it's head, but it was calm enough to accept the fact that Seph was an ass.

He finally checked out the room at the counter, sure that he would be leaving rustboro city. The next route didn't look so hard, he was supposed to bast through here towards a tunnel of some kind. Stripes was still out of his pokeball and followed Seph quietly. Seph couldn't believe how much the little bugger had grown, even after one gym badge. He had checked his pokedex after the battle, and realized Stripes had the potential to learn a whole variety of moves at it's current level. As he exited the city, he felt enthusiastic for what would happen next, a whole day of training.

It wasn't long before they encountered their first pokemon, some kind of blueish rabbit with a horn. He checked his pokedex, it was called nidoran.

"Poison and ground eh? Now that is going to be interesting, you should take an example of her Stripes, she looks way cooler than you!" He teased his stunky, but he was kind of dissapointed that it was true, Stripes really did look like... well a skunk? He checked the pokdex for more information, and it's evolution cycle.

"Whoa! Stripes take a look at this, it evolves into nidoqueen, some kind of buffed up armored drill giant! Wait... I don't even know what you look like," the nidoran still hadn't noticed them, so Seph took his time browsing through the pokedex, and he couldn't help but laugh when he saw Stripes' page.

"Giant skunk heh?" He sneered and the pokemon blushed and turned his back to Seph. "Hey buddy, I mean err.. some people think giant skunks are really cool. They can knock out people, and they're probably really strong." Stripes turned back around, but Seph could tell he wasn't satisfied. "Well, let's just get that nidoran, so you can prove you're strong as hell!" He cheered, and stuck out his fist. It took a couple of seconds for Stripes to walk over to nidoran, and he clearly took his time. Seph was still standing in the same pose, watching his pokemon. This was going to be... fun?

"Stripes, astonish!" He called out when Stripes was nearly there, and Stripes attacked the startled nidoran. He could tell the pokemon was used to fending on her own, because she sidestepped the move easily.

"Alright, use smokescreen, well it says you can so... Just like cough up some smoke ok?" The pokemon looked at him questioningly, but shrugged and opened its mouth. Nothing happened, and Stripes started coughing. "Uhh stripes cough some more?" The nidoran had recovered and came in for a scratch, but Stripes made a rasping noise, and a black cloud engulfed nidoran.

"Thats right Stripes, now use focus energy while it's still distracted!" He could hear the pokemon coughing inside the cloud of smoke, and Stripes began to glow red. After a couple of seconds the focusing was done, and Stripes approached the nidoran. "Erm, use fury swipes!" Stripes jumped in and clawed the nidoran furiously. Seph was surprised when the nidoran faced it, and growled, making Stripes back off. It immediately came in with a scratch, and Stripes got a sharp nick in his muzzle. The pokemon shook it's head furiously.

"Not cool to get owned by a girl huh Stripes? Screech plus poison gas!" Stripes ran at the nidoran, and screeched, making it cower. In that very moment, he released a cloud of gas which engulfed nidoran, and this time it hurt. The nidoran came out caughing and sprinted through the bushes.

"After it Stripes, uhh pursuit!" Stripes ran after it, but the gap between them was widening. "Stripes, just like, jump and gain a speed boost or something!" He called out, and suprisingly Stripes did get a speed boost. It crashed into the running nidoran, and did fatal damage. Seph walked over to them, and saw that the nidoran was knocked out, and Stripes was grinning.
    "What, you like her Stripes?" He asked his pokemon who shook his head, she had embarrased Stripes. Seph played the fool, and even tough he understood Stripes he smiled, "Oh so you like her?" He threw a pokeball at the nidoran, and it became engulfed in red light. Stripes desperately tried to scratch the ball, but his efforts were in vain. Seph had known that Stripes envied the nidoran, and he liked teasing the pokemon. He put his attention back to the ball, and noticed it was still shaking.

Once...

Twice...

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    ~ ShadowDragon - I can see him being one of those kids that tries to squish a triangle block in the circle-hole xD

Seph captured a lv. 8, female Nidoran!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    ~ Proddit - Just this once, but the Skitty will be a low level.

Tyler caught a lv. 4 female Skitty!

Years
    Chad sighed softly to himself as he finished playing the song for about the fifteenth time in a row. He looked about and wondered vaguely where in the hell he was. Maybe I should've paid more attention to the road, he mused. He slipped his empty guitar case off his back and then set about putting his guitar inside said case. He was done playing. It wasn't like playing would make things all better anyway, especially when he was playing such a soft song. He didn't have any of his normal music with him, however, so there was virtually no chance of him playing some rock song. Well, he also didn't have the proper guitar for a head banging rocker, but oh well. Chad sighed and then stood up straight, slinging his guitar over his shoulder as he did.

Chad then began to walk again, but paused when his stomach growled. When was the last time I ate? He wondered silently. Chad slipped his bag off of his shoulder and picked through it. There were two more sandwiches left (he'd bought a couple more) and a few more bags of chips. I probably, Chad began to think, should have packed more food. He sighed once more as he pulled out the tuna sandwich. The other one was egg salad, and he decided that he'd save that for later because he liked it better than the tuna. Chad took a bite and then plopped down on the side of the road, simply observing the bushes around him. Yes, the bushes were very exciting. He lay down, still eating.

Hmm…that cloud looks like a puppy, he decided, eyeing the big fluffy cloud that was slowly going over his head. The next one was apparently a rabbit. He did this the entire time while he ate, until there was a curious tug at his jeans. Chad bolted up, causing the little Pokémon to squeak from surprise and skitter away. Chad stared at the bush where the Pokémon was hiding. A pair of large, blue ears stared back. Chad blinked and pulled out his Pokedex. A Nidoran (F), huh? He thought. Chad grabbed Scyther's Pokeball. He decided this would be a good opportunity for her.

Nidoran cautiously poked herself out of the bush and carefully walked towards Chad. Her ears were back and she looked rather shy. Chad frowned, oh man, not the cute act. PLEASE not the cute act. He just couldn't do it. There was no way he could hurt a Pokémon that was pulling off "the cute act" as Chad dubbed it.

"Nido?" the Pokémon questioned. It was staring at his sandwich.

"Mine," Chad huffed, taking a bite. The Nidoran glared. Chad paled. Ok, well maybe the cute act only lasts for a couple of seconds, he decided. The Nidoran charged at him and started scratching at his chest. Chad yelped and shoved the Pokémon off, barely able to call out Scyther before the Pokémon could attempt to attack again. "Scyther, that thing is trying to take my food!" Chad whined. Scyther glanced at him. "So how about you finish this up with a quick attack. Maybe that'll teach her to leave me alone. I'm famous, you know," Chad declared. Scyther rolled her eyes, but did as he told her to. She slammed into Nidoran, and the battle had officially begun.

"Scyther!" Scyther hissed, angrily glaring at the wild Nidoran. Nidoran seemed to suddenly be all business in this battle. She scratched the ground and glared heavily at Scyther.

"Alright Scyther, you've got this," Chad said confidently to his Pokémon. "Let's hit it off with another quick attack, and then follow that up with pursuit!" he called, noticing that Scyther had learned the new move only moments previously. "Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeet's go!"

Scyther nodded swiftly and then began to charge towards Nidoran. Chad wasn't really sure what would happen when she used pursuit, but he figured it would do some damage, right? Right. So, when Scyther slammed against Nidoran, Chad grinned. It was a direct hit, and next came the pursuit attack. Before it could be surely launched, however, Nidoran somehow managed to whip around and use a rapid scratch attack on Scyther. Scyther cried out and attempted to fend off Nidoran, but the little thing just wouldn't give up on the attack. It kept going and going, until Scyther finally slammed it away with her claw. Chad scratched the back of his head, deciding that spunky Pokémon weren't exactly the easiest to battle, that's for sure.

"Alright, let's go for leer!" Chad called. "Then finish it off with quick attack."

"SCY!" Scyther shouted and charged in again.

"Nido! Nidoran!" Nidoran chirped.

Scyther moved very close, and then leered at the wild Nidoran. Nidoran flinched, but attempted to keep up a growl attack. The attack faltered, however, leaving Scyther with the perfect opening. She charged in again, slamming against the Nidoran and soon rendering it unable to battle. Ha! Chad thought triumphantly, got'cha there, didn't I? Nidoran slowly got up, but it basically ran away. Chad recalled Scyther, feeling a little bit better than he had earlier.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    ~ Fenris - Hm, Chad isn't too loved with the wild ones, is he? Great post, very amusing.

Scyther grew to lv. 11 and leeeeeearns... nothing.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    (OOC: Haha, now that I think of it, ur completely right XD. Oh and can you tell me if I spelled things like lying or other things wrong? English is my second language so yeah... Oh, and about the 2 pokemon thing, I figured that much, but I want to be original, and there have been instances where... erm... a person pm'ed the GM about me 'stealing their pokemon' so yeah... Oh, yes yet another 'Oh', but I made a bit of a modified version of tail whip, since I don't see how a one inch tail can whip. Can this get any longer? Potions are drinks right, they sprayed on potions in the anime, but really, would a witch spray her potions on herself?)

Seph stared at the pokeball lying on the ground, his first caught pokemon. He noticed that Stripes had climbed a tree in frustration and sat with his back to Seph, satisfied, he picked up the pokeball with the nidoran in it. He tossed it into the air, and was blinded by a flash of red light. Surprisingly the nidoran was calm, it probably accepted that it had been caught, or maybe it was something to do with the pokeball. Either way, he was glad that his pokemon was on his team, he was still awestruck from the nidoqueen image. He imagined himself at the pokemon league, facing another trainer.

The trainer was confident. "Get him blaziken!" The blaziken roared and jumped up high.

"Nidoqueen, superpower!" His nidoqueen punched the blaziken in mid-air, and it crashed into the ground.

"My... My blaziken?" The boy returned his pokemon, and the referree raised his flags.
    "The red team wins, Seph Iodah is victorious!" Everybody cheered, his grandma was there alive, his parents by adoption, his old friends. He waved to the audience, and the judge gave him a medal. Then proffessor oak came in, and declared him champion of the pokemon world.

He snapped back into reality, and realized the nidoran was staring at him. It was going to take a while before she was a full fledged nidoqueen with superpower. He smiled and patted her on her head.

"Hmm, let's call you Regina shall we?" The pokemon shrugged, and he was happy she was as carefree as Stripes. Stripes was still mad, and Seph didn't understand why. A nidoqueen must be the hottie of the pokemon world, well the only pokemon he had seen were bug ones, and a wingull so he might be wrong.The point was they were both poison pokemon, so they should get along. Oh well, he thought as he opened his pokedex, and checked out her moves, not too bad for an early level, but there was a lot more to come. At least he hoped so....

Since they were on a route with wild pokemon, they might as well train.

"Alright Stripes, Im going to give Regina a shot at it, mkay?" Stripes jumped into another tree, and dissapeared from Seph's view. This was going to be easy, really, he beat the first gym leader. He might not be so bright, and might be a bit clumsy, and he might mess up everything he does, but battle strategies he could do. He anxiously waited for the first possible pokemon to come in view, and surprisingly it was a yellow dog. He checked the pokedex: Shinx, the flash pokemon. That's cool, it can blind people and burn things just by releasing electricity. He checked it's final evolution, holy cow! Luxray, that thing looks awesome.

"Well would ya look at that Stripes!" He yelled out into the distance. "Luxray is also a supercool pokemon! Too bad I have to destroy it!" He grinned, but he knew that Stripes could own both of these pokemon. He might not look like it, but he is one strong pokemon.

"Regina, attack with scratch," luckily they had one advantage, the advantage of surprise. There weren't alot of options with scratch, growl, tail whip, and sand attack, but he could make it work.

"Hold that," he suddenly stopped his pokemon. "Use tail whip instead," He would lose the advantage of suprise, but there was something else he wanted to try out. He saw Regina squeek to get shinx's attention, and when it turned around, she turned and shook her bum in the air. "Nice taunt," he admitted when the shinx frustratedly came running at her. "Whip sand in his face when he leaps," he knew shinx would attack with a tackle, so it had to leap or just run directly into her, either way, a sand attack would work. He smiled when the shinx tumbled over the floor, paws still clutching it's irritated eyes. It was a sad sight really, like kicking a puppy, but at least he got an opening.

"Regina, scratch!" Nidoran took the oppurtunity, and darted towards the shinx. The pokemon soon had both irritated eyes, and a nasty cut in the side. Man that nidoran was a ballbuster.

The shinx shook it's head and came in for another tackle. "Growl, and attack it!" THe nidoran growled when Shinx was close enough, and it hesitated. A slight hesitation was more than enough for regina to give it another scratch on its muzzle. The shinx stepped back, knowing it couldn't win, and cowered before both pokemon and trainer.

Seph could help but take pity on it, it was just cute and cool at the same time. "Here doggy," he beckoned for it to come closer, and held out a potion. The shinx inched over, still wary of the nidoran, but accepted the potion gracefully. It took a big gulp, and looked refreshed.

"Off ya go," he smiled and watched the shinx run away towards a cave. "Hmm," he checked his map. Apperantly that was the way to go, so he put his backpack on, and beckoned for Regina to come. "Were leaving," he told her, and then in a much louder voice he said "We're leaving, get your ass over here Stripes! I've got choco pebbles!" Stripes had to let it go, and to make it up he took out the box of choco pebbles, everybody's favorite breakfast cereal.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    ~ ShadowDragon - Well that definitely won Oscars for longest ooc message >< The grammar stuff is fine, English is my second language too and I know how confusing things can be. Took me lots of teaching from word to find the different between it's and its. The tail whip's fine, Regina does have an awfully short tail, and it's your vision of the move. As for the potion, it can b drunk, or sprayed. See it as having like a spray top on a bottle or something xD

Regina grew to lv. 10 and learned Double Kick!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back