• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Classic Cartoons

Guest123_x1

I love classic-era cartoons! Some of my favorites include the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies (particularly Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner, and I remember fondly tuning in to the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show when it was on ABC back in the 1990s), Woody Woodpecker (always liked his trademark laugh at the end of each short, and the stuff he does to get into trouble), and the Superman shorts from the 1940s (produced by Fleischer and later Famous Studios, the animation in each entry is superb.)
    That said, I also am interested in the output of some lesser-known studios, such as Van Beuren (a relatively short-lived studio in the 1930s that closed when distributor RKO signed a distribution deal with Disney), and Famous Studios (the successor to Fleischer Studios, who at the onset took over the Superman and Popeye shorts.)

Back