• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Claydol

PlayaFritz

Takara Tomy Hater.
    Years
    I'm really not sure how I want to run him, But I know I do want him on my team.
    I used to have:
    Claydol@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 Def, 250 Sp D, 8 Hp (Or Somthing Like this)
    -Stealth Rock
    -EarthPower
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen

I used to use him to get up a Stealth Rock because i base my team on spikes and stealth rock, and also for setting up screens and walling. This set really isnt working that well so far, so I am looking for other options. I don't need a Rapid Spinner. And I would Like to Keep Stealth Rock if Possible. Thanks in advance

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm really not sure how I want to run him, But I know I do want him on my team.
    I used to have:
    Claydol@Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
    -Ice Beam / Psychic
    -Earthquake
    -Rest
    -Rapid Spin

I used to use him to get up a Stealth Rock because i base my team on spikes and stealth rock, and also for setting up screens and walling. This set really isnt working that well so far, so I am looking for other options. I don't need a Rapid Spinner. And I would Like to Keep Stealth Rock if Possible. Thanks in advance

That's the best set I've used, but you need a heal beller if you go with rest...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    hmmmm...
    claydol@leftovers
    careful
    252hp 120sdef 138def
    cosmic power
    stealth rock
    explosion
    EQ

So you're gonna bulk up your defense for six turns so you can blow yourself up :/

A claydol without rapid spin is a sad one, really. It also has no means of recovery...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    ok then....
    claydol@lefties
    252hp 120sdef 138def
    stealth rock
    rapid spin
    EQ
    explosion

If you don't mind, it's time to vent about the most common special sweeper, gengar. You see, it'll come in to absorb rapid spin, and even EQ and explosion. You basically need ice beam or psychic so gengar doesn't totally wall you. Psychic is also good for heracross switch-ins. Ice beam is good for dealing with your dragon friends...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Claydol@Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    252 HP / 114 DEF / 144 SP.DEF
    - Stealth Rock / Ice beam / Psychic / Toxic / Reflect / Stone Edge
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock / Ice Beam / Psychic / Toxic / Reflect / Stone Edge
    - Earthquake / Earthpower

Earthquake/ Earthpower for your standard STAB move.

You know what Rapid Spin is for lol

Now for the other moves there are a number of other options.

Stealth Rock for team support,

Ice beam for Dragons etc.

Psychic for Gengar (i highly suggest using this as Gengar loves switching into Rapid Spin to block it, so if you can catch it on the switch in then ..yeah),

Toxic to wear down Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Cresselia etc who will try and stall you.

Reflect for more team support

Stone Edge to chip away at Gyarados and Weavile etc (a 2hko on weavile with no evs invested in attack)

You can also use explosion, if you really want in a 1st or 3rd slot..............

EDIT: As Anti said , it is sad without Rapid Spin and to be honest thats the only reason it is used.

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    like they said ^^^

i use claydol as a sorta special tank. bulking its defences and coverage moves are the way to go.

Explosion for fun :D

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    like they said ^^^

i use claydol as a sorta special tank. bulking its defences and coverage moves are the way to go.

Explosion for fun :D

IT can take physical hits just as well...well, not quite, but rock resist and not being affected by EQ = win.

PlayaFritz

Takara Tomy Hater.
    Years
    Well, I already Have a Fortress for rapid spinning, so I really don't think it is necessary for another one...

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Ah Claydol, the best Rapid Spinner ever! =D

Claydol@Leftovers/Light Clay
    Trait : Levitate
    Moves :
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam/Psychic
    - Rapid Spin
    - Reflect/Light Screen/Rest

Actually pretty fast for a wall, like Gliscor. It is able to outrun a Metagross that hasn't used Agility yet in some cases. The reason it IS the best Rapid Spinner, it is resistant to Spikes AND Stealth Rock, heh

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    Claydol huh? some awesome rapid spinner there,

Claydol @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP / 108 DEF/ 96 SPATK / 52 SPDEF
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earthquake / Earth Power
    -Ice Beam
    -Reflect / Light Screen

Set your shields up and start supporting your team.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, I already Have a Fortress for rapid spinning, so I really don't think it is necessary for another one...

The ntake it off of forry, as claydol doesn't fear either special or physical attacks, while many skarmbliss killers can also make quick work of forry as well.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    As the tryhard 3rd gen hardcore player said, interested in a non spinner Forry set then?

Forry has more moves to choose from to replace rapid spin, and claydol can take both physical and special blows, making it a better spinner. That would also give Forry either explosion or rest (2 opposites lol) in addition to EQ, gyro ball, and spikes.

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    Forry has more moves to choose from to replace rapid spin, and claydol can take both physical and special blows, making it a better spinner. That would also give Forry either explosion or rest (2 opposites lol) in addition to EQ, gyro ball, and spikes.

True I like how Forretress has decent type coverage and this is what I was thinking btw

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 6 ATK / 252 DEF
    -Earthquake
    -Spikes
    -Gyro Ball
    -Explosion

good nuff

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    True I like how Forretress has decent type coverage and this is what I was thinking btw

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 6 ATK / 252 DEF
    -Earthquake
    -Spikes
    -Gyro Ball
    -Explosion

good nuff

I'd run more attack, maybe 120 EVs or so.

Back