• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cloning, Made even easier? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    It's not that it senses the old one. It's just that the game knows (or rather, thinks) nothing has been sent to the Pokewalker, so it knows nothing is suppose to return.

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
    IDK what the clock turning method is.

It didn't work, pokemon was still returned to wild.

When you send to pokewalker, as it's saving, the DS goes (OK, POKEMON is on the walker). It remembers that. So when you try to return, it does NOT go "OK, is POKEMON on the game?" Instead, it goes "Ok, do I remember POKEMON being sent there?" If it doesn't remember that, your pokemon is released to the wild.

To Test - Pokewalker (A bit more)
    The reason the original cloning glitch (G/S) worked was because the DS saved like this: "OK, Add pokemon to box," [here's the little pause where you turn off and on the power] "Ok, now remove pokemon from where it was." It's because of that saving order that the GTS glitch worked, to. So, if the order for saving after transferring pokewalker is "OK, there's a pokemon on the pokewalker" [GAP] "Ok, remove pokemon from box in game," then interrupting that save process as we did in G/S would, in theory, clone the pokemon. Thing is, I don't want a corrupt game to remove my pokemon, so until my bro lets me use platinum again I can't test it.

To Test - Daycare
    You said you don't trust daycare because the pokemon remains on the game, well, think back to G/S (infact, LOOK UP). It's all about the way the game saves, meaning daycare's still possible. Also, Pokemon Ranch doesn't have a HG/SS patch yet, or even a Pt patch.

EDIT:
    It's not that it senses the old one. It's just that the game knows (or rather, thinks) nothing has been sent to the Pokewalker, so it knows nothing is suppose to return.
    That's what I meant.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Hmm yes but to your method of the Pokémon "is it still on your game" theory.
    It all comes back to that, as the Pokémon is still on the game..
    However give it a try ;D

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
    I have attempted day care by submitting a pokemon, counting to 5 (and later 8 and 10) and then shutting off the game pre-maturely, none of these have worked. I'm doubting there's any loophole held in the daycare center, seeing as daycare uses the same old saving process nintendo's perfected since D/P.

Pokewalker's save process did, however, give some interesting results. I did a test save that took 14 seconds to complete. I then experimented with shutting it off after 5, 7, 8 and 10 seconds. All of these were failures, except one. I did two 5 seconds tests, one of which did not corrupt my save data, and acted as if it had finished saving. You could say that it was just a lag between the "Saving...." and "done saving" screens I luckily hit, but no other save has taken a mere 5 seconds. I'm doubtful, however, that we have something here, I want to say it was just an error, but if there is something there we don't want to miss it... I'll do some more testing later and get back to you.

To Test -
    -Daycare - VERY VERY VERY not likely.
    -Pokewalker - I'm doubtful. May want to experiment with shutting off the pokewalker itself, although I have no actual logic to back that up as a theory.
    -Trading - Who knows? Maybe Nintendo screwed this up when re-implementing it?
    -GTS - There may be something somewhere in here. They fixed our KNOWN vulnerability, that doesn't mean others don't exist.

It's a new game, we have to rule out the old possibilities again, just to be sure.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    So what you're saying is that we might be able to clone ON THE WAY BACK into the game??
    Or not >.>
    XD

But sure anything else we have might work ^.^

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
    So what you're saying is that we might be able to clone ON THE WAY BACK into the game??
    Or not >.>
    XD

But sure anything else we have might work ^.^
    Here's how pokewalker works:

TO:
    -Transfer to pokewalker
    -Game saves, remembering you sent to pokewalker.

-Take it from Pokewalker
    -Game saves, remembering that.

So the only thing we could possibly achieve by turning of the game mid-save ON THE WAY BACK would be making it think there's a pokemon on the pokewalker when there isn't.

I tried cutting it off midsave on the way TO the pokewalker. No dice.
    I didn't think of doing that ON THE WAY BACK, I'll try it after I find the "lost pokewalker option." (As I've never seen it, I just heard about it...) This way may run the risk of deleting your pokemon... actually, that seems like a very big risk. Regardless, I'll stock up on magikarp and begin testing.

Blackoutv3

TO CATCH THEM IS NO REAL TEST!
    Years
    Wow ur cool. cloning is for lazy cheating punks. who cant take the challenge of a game most of us have been playing since we were 7 or 8 years old

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Cloning is useful for people who wanna trade or giveaway event pokemon.

Trading is meant to sacrifice a Pokémon to gain a Pokémon lol... You're not supposed to gain twice. It defeats the purpose.

I've never cloned; if I get a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokémon (or something similarily awesome), and I decide to trade it, it's gone. For good. That's how it works.

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
    Wow ur cool. cloning is for lazy cheating punks. who cant take the challenge of a game most of us have been playing since we were 7 or 8 years old
    Let's see.... umm, the main goal of the game is..... oh yeah, completing the pokedex. Now, pop-quiz!
    The pokedex is completed:
    A. By catching many different pokemon!
    or
    B. By having the same pokemon lots of different times!

Time's up, it's A. And, erm... I have no intention of using clones in the gym/indigo/whatever challenge. There are plenty of cloners is the trade shops on this very site, go flame them, not us.

In fact... none of us even said why we want to clone, or for that matter, if we did. Maybe we just have an interest in finding glitches? Point is, you don't know.

Trading is meant to sacrifice a Pokémon to gain a Pokémon lol... You're not supposed to gain twice. It defeats the purpose.

I've never cloned; if I get a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokémon (or something similarily awesome), and I decide to trade it, it's gone. For good. That's how it works.

Cloning can also be useful if you're in a circle of friends, and one's going up to, say, Montana during a pokemon event. Obviously he can't nab multiple event pokemon for his friends who couldn't make it without their game cartridges.... so he could bring those or clone the pokemon.

And then there's the thing about rare pokemon. In a game like that, I would much rather clone a mareep instead of going out and searching for hours because it's rare.* There's taking the game out of the game, there is the people who'd ruin the game by automatically achieving a team comprised of the same level 100's and ruin the fun, but cloning for something like that is just easier. And it doesn't really take the fun out of it, just the boring, mindless searching, I mean, it's not like you're going to miss fun battles, you're merely missing moving the D-Pad a bunch of times and learning how to hit "Run" before you even see it. Or if you have a pokemon you could easily just go out and catch, cloning's faster if you're about to trade the pokemon. It just makes so many thing simpler, and isn't necessarily as bad as people say.

*Mareep as a rare pokemon was merely an example, not meant to suggest Mereep is/isn't rare.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    So, by turning it off while saving, one will be on your pokewalker, and in your game? But, you can't send it back without it releasing it?

I have an idea that might work, if anyone cares to test it (I would, but I can't play for a few more hours...)

Send a pokemon to the pokewalker, turn off while saving, all that good stuff above.
    But, what I wanted to try was the UP + R + Select, to return the pokemon... Since you have it in your game, and data for it being sent to the pokewalker, this (in-theory) could work.

I'll test it in about an hour (or sooner) unless someone cares to test it sooner.

EDIT:

D: I didn't notice the second page, so I'm going to read through that, to make sure no one already posted this...

Last edited:

Future Arceus

I hate my name
    Years
    What about this guys. You can trade pokemon from pokewalker to pokewalker. SO...

1.Put poke in pokewalker.
    2.turn off power while saving.
    3.go on pokewalker and with that "cloned" poke trade it to another pokewalker.
    4.you do this by pressing the connect button.
    5.trade to another pokewalker and that other pokewalker will have your clone.

That's my idea. If nobody else does i'll try this out myself. I think it'll work because the other pokewalker won't recognize it as a clone. Please try it out.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    What about this guys. You can trade pokemon from pokewalker to pokewalker. SO...

1.Put poke in pokewalker.
    2.turn off power while saving.
    3.go on pokewalker and with that "cloned" poke trade it to another pokewalker.
    4.you do this by pressing the connect button.
    5.trade to another pokewalker and that other pokewalker will have your clone.

That's my idea. If nobody else does i'll try this out myself. I think it'll work because the other pokewalker won't recognize it as a clone. Please try it out.

I'll try this, I just have to get far enough in my HG to catch a pokemon, and put it in a box...

But, I'll have to start in like 30 minutes... I'll post results here.

And, you're saying, if that works, you put the pokemon on the other game, then trade it back to your original (However you may do that...) or keep it on the second..

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Hmmm, if this actually works it seems like Im going to have to go get a Pokewalker. Seems viable enough.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    This doesnt work...it just gone when you return it, you cant use the Pokewalker to give the Pokemon your trading with to another Pokewalker

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I have a theory, so i was reading on Bulbapedia about the Pokewalker and i read that you can return a pokemon to your game by pressing Up, select, and R, just incase you lose your Pokewalker but maybe you can transfer the orginal from your pokewalker to your Game after you get the clone......i would test it but sadly have busted the "R" Button on my DSi -.- so anyone willing to take a risk & try it out?

Urhungry

Lover of Leavanny
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    I had a similar idea, but with the pokewalker reset. I was resetting my pokewalker after I restarted my game, so I pressed up select l, and I got a little message saying it would reset all pokewalker data and send the pokemon back. The pokemon didn't come back, as it was from an old save file, but if you try it with the file the pokewalkers already registered to, it might work, as the pokewalker is busy erasing it's data, so it might not notice the pokemon already having a match. I can't currently try it out, but if someone else could, we could at least try.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I had a similar idea, but with the pokewalker reset. I was resetting my pokewalker after I restarted my game, so I pressed up select l, and I got a little message saying it would reset all pokewalker data and send the pokemon back. The pokemon didn't come back, as it was from an old save file, but if you try it with the file the pokewalkers already registered to, it might work, as the pokewalker is busy erasing it's data, so it might not notice the pokemon already having a match. I can't currently try it out, but if someone else could, we could at least try.

I'm getting Soul Silver tomorrow so I'll try this.
    Thanks for your idea!

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Same here getting SS tomorrow so will try it out when I get the time to!
    thanks for the guide/Info.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back