• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Cloning Master Balls

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
    Years
    I was wondering if anyone put the Emerald cloning glitch to uses and clone Master Balls? It was how I got the Regis, Groudon, and Kyogre, and (lol) Sudowoodo. I always carry a few around with me in case Latios or [insert name of Pokemon that I don't have] shows up. It's also a way to get unlimited acess to Master Balls in G4.

Lusidea

Lolwut
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I've always had a cheat card handy, so i've never needed to. I generally use gloning glitches to give my friends pokemon they want.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I only use that cheat for cloning vitamins for EV training. After that, I delete the Pokémons that I've horrifically cloned through a PC.

Years
    um how do you do the cheat?

It's copypasta:

1. Go to the PC in the battle tower.
    2. Deposit the Pokemon you want to clone in any box in Lanette's PC. Furthermore, if you wish to clone items, give the item(s) you'd like to clone to any Pokemon in the PC via the Move Items option.
    3. Exit the PC and save the game.
    4. Withdraw the Pokemon or item(s) from the PC that you initially stored in step two.
    5. Talk to the lady behind the counter closest to the PC (The one furthest to the right; Multi-Link battling).
    6. She will ask if you want to make a challenge. Select yes and choose any two eligible Pokemon from your party.
    7. She will tell you that you must save the game before making a challenge and ask you if that is OK. Select yes.
    8. The game will freeze for approximately 2 seconds.
    9. AFTER, not during, the freeze, turn off the game. It is not necessary to save again. Turning the game off during the pause may result in a permanent loss of game data.
    10. Once you've turned the game back on, the cloned Pokemon and/or item(s) will be both in your party and in the PC.

I've done this maybe about 500 or so times already. It makes accessing TMs 1-50 so convenient.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I only use that cheat for cloning vitamins for EV training. After that, I delete the Pokémons that I've horrifically cloned through a PC.

By the way, using the Move Items function of the PC, it's possible to clone items without cloning Pokémon. Just do the same thing you do with Pokémon, but with items; it's much, much faster than what you're doing.

Also, the 'freeze' isn't an actual freeze; it's a partial save of the game data (just the party Pokémon and bag), without the 'Saving...' message.

Anyway, I used it to clone Master Balls. I didn't use them on legendaries, though (at least until I ran out of every other type). I used quite a lot for catching Dittos to try and get good IVs. But I don't even need to use them for that now (points to x/x/31/31/31/31 Ditto).

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    i never did, because i felt like it would screw my game if i tried. o.0

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    I never did that yet, I never knew the code it would have been easier to catch Legendary Pokemon if I did that.

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
    Years
    I remember hearing of said cheat and I did try it once but ended up deleting the cloned Pokemon. I like the challenge of trying to catch all the legendaries without a Master Ball. It's not uncommon for me to have caught Groudon/Kyogre, Latias/Latios, Rayquaza and the Regi's with a Master Ball still gaining dust in my bag afterwards.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I never used it, but I did use my friends game as a "trial fail thing" because I was scared that I was going to lose all of my Pokemon that I had for years 0_0. But I did use the cheat (on friends game) to get enough masterballs

:t354:TG

Back