• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

''Cloning''?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hi,

Just wanted to know what exactly the process of 'cloning' a pokemon involves.

1. Does the original pokemon have to be a certain level?
    2. Will it be unchanged?
    3. If the original is shiny, will the clone be shiny?
    4. Can legendaries and event pokemon be cloned?
    5. If you clone the pokemon does it stay at its current evolution or does it revert back to it's first evolution?

I don't plan to clone myself, just I want to trade some pokemon and have some shiny legendaries that I don't mind people cloning as long as my pokemon stays the same :P!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    A copy of a Pokemon or "Clone" is and will be the same as the original Pokemon at the time of cloning. It will remain unchanged from the time the Pokemon was cloned.

grodkorv

i like trains..
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    the pokemon you clone will be an exact copy of the originall! nothing will change=)

Years
    Ah cool :) how do they do it? I obviously have to trade my pokemon to them first and they clone it somehow, how do they go about this?

Also what's the difference between a cloned pokemon and a hacked pokemon?

And how could I tell if mine was hacked o_o

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Action replay is used.

And cloning can be done on BOTH legit and hacked Pokemons, so if the cloned one is a legit right from the start it'll be legit all the way, it depends on how people see it.

Some deemed cloning as unlegit, but mostly people are fine with cloned legits.

Years
    Okay cool :) How do I check if my pokemon are legit? I all of my shinies and legendaries off a friend so I can't be certain they're not 'hacked', even though I'm not sure exactly how you hack a pokemon lol :)

I wanna try and check before I trade anyone so I don't get into any trouble :(

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Okay cool :) How do I check if my pokemon are legit? I all of my shinies and legendaries off a friend so I can't be certain they're not 'hacked', even though I'm not sure exactly how you hack a pokemon lol :)

I wanna try and check before I trade anyone so I don't get into any trouble :(

You can check the locations and where they're met etc.
    I think by now you already know where each Legendaries are located.

Eg. You totally won't find Giratina in any routes, nor will you ever find a Shiny Torterra in a cave etc.

Years
    Well I've just checked and all my pokemon that I got off the same person - shiny celebi, shiny kingdra, jirachi, shiny charizard, shiny raikou and arceus were all met at route 26...

does this mean my pokemon aren't legit :(?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Well I've just checked and all my pokemon that I got off the same person - shiny celebi, shiny kingdra, jirachi, shiny charizard, shiny raikou and arceus were all met at route 26...

does this mean my pokemon aren't legit :(?

Sounds like it.
    You can't find Celebi, Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra, Jirachi, Charmander-and it's line, and Arceus there.

Years
    :(((

If I get them cloned the clone will still be hacked? What about if I breed from them, are the offspring legit? Obviously I can't breed the legendaries and the shiny ones probably won't be shiny after :/ but still, the offspring might be tradeable?

Oh and one final thing - is it okay to allow people to clone my pokemon if they're hacked if I tell them?

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I'd say the offspring will be considered legit.
    But no, once it's not legit, cloning it won't be considered legit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back