• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: [CLOSED]Map Making Competition - April 2015 [ENTRIES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Map name: map competition map
    Comments: The player starts from the top left side of the map and follows the path down and uses surf to get around the island. There are 2 different routes where the player can go to. One on the bottom and the other to the top right.
    Credits: Alistair, War8, Zein, WesleyFG, Trevor.
    Map shot:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Map Name: Stiflywave Route

Comments: Basically a very straightforward route acting like a water corridor between a very long route and Victory Road. As you can see Victory Road is in a volcano and there's a black and white theme to the map. :]

Credits: FireRed, Pokémon Essentials (RPGMaker XP)

Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

GoldenKHRP

GoldenKHRP
    Years
  • GoldenKHRP said:
    I am still working on mine. I hope it will be finished before the due date. Unfortunately I am not yet allowed to post links yet since I am relatively new here. But I don't want to spam on some random topics either. (You know, in order to unlock the "post link" option).

Is it okay if I send my map to you in a PM like I did last time?
    That's fine with me!

Never mind. I just found out that I can post links now. I must have exceeded the required post limit.

This is my entry for the Map Making Competition of this month:

Map Name: Blackgold Coast
    Comments: This is a coastal kind of route with an oil rig. it is part of a land that is on the brink of civil war. The factory near the oil rig is used to process the oil and make fuel and maybe military stuff (depending on the plot which I still have to write/complete).I made the tiles for the oil rig myself. It is the first time I made and inserted my own tiles so I know they are not perfect. But I learned a lot of trying it anyway. Comments and Feedback are always welcome :)
    ROM base: Fire Red
    Credits: Credits to Alistair and ChaoticCherryCake (ChaoticCherryCake used tiles from a lot of different mappers. A complete list can be found here: https://chaoticcherrycake.deviantart.com/journal/Credits-for-Tiles-367931482).
    Map Shot: Link: https://tinypic.com/r/rc0ry8/8
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    Map Name: Valley Water Passage
    Comments: Nothing too special, the route theme did prove to be quite a challenge
    Credits: Nintendo
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • It's still the 30th in some parts of the world, so I figured I'd post something last minute.

Map Name: Route 2
    Comments: This route is on the southern coast of an island in the region of the ROMHack I've been doing on and off for several years. It's been remapped at least four times since its original creation. This is its latest and likely final incarnation. The only thing that will probably change is the color of the path tiles, because that is a pretty intense shade a brown. I may soften it in the future.
    Credits: Game Freak and myself. The path tiles were ripped from the Pokemon TCG2 Japanese Gameboy Color game and heavily modified by me.
    Map Shot: Warning, it's pretty wide. 76 tiles wide, to be exact.
    Spoiler:

Edit: In my browser, the forum is slightly stretching the image. I'd recommend that you instead view the map through a direct link.
    Here is the direct link.

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Map Name: Valley Water Passage
    Comments: Nothing too special, the route theme did prove to be quite a challenge
    Credits: Nintendo
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

It's still the 30th in some parts of the world, so I figured I'd post something last minute.

Map Name: Route 2
    Comments: This route is on the southern coast of an island in the region of the ROMHack I've been doing on and off for several years. It's been remapped at least four times since its original creation. This is its latest and likely final incarnation. The only thing that will probably change is the color of the path tiles, because that is a pretty intense shade a brown. I may soften it in the future.
    Credits: Game Freak and myself. The path tiles were ripped from the Pokemon TCG2 Japanese Gameboy Color game and heavily modified by me.
    Map Shot: Warning, it's pretty wide. 76 tiles wide, to be exact.
    Spoiler:

Edit: In my browser, the forum is slightly stretching the image. I'd recommend that you instead view the map through a direct link.
    Here is the direct link.

I don't have time right now, i will do it later!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back