• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Closest Replica of vBulletin?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Paul said:
    vB's CPanel = Cleaner, easier to use.

I also _really_ like the subscribed threads in there. It makes it really easy for me to keep track of topics~

Faltzer=usercp=his favorite

btw what's with the word_after_word?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Using the _ things? It's just a fast way of "underlining" something.

Meh~ I use it all the time.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    putting "_" around works is for emphasis.

Do you _really_ not get that? :P

I like vB's admin panel more, but not their usercp.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    If you have the automatic formatting options in Word on, try *word* and _word_ sometime, and see what happens. ^_^;; The SMF user and admin cps are sometimes a bit confusing, which is annoying; a true Manly Man shouldn't need to think about things like that.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I actually don't mind SMF's admin CP that much. The theming system needs a lot of work though. =/

MyBB is just...clunky. That's the only word to describe it. It tries so hard to be vB, and it's not.

Morkula

Years
    The thing that I despise about SMF is it's permissions/usergroups system. It's evil. >>

I actually started making a theme for SMF a couple weeks ago, and it's not as hard as it looks. Takes some getting used to though. =/

aRedMoon

Years
    SMF usergroups... they're okay.

Not nearly as bad as MyBB. x_x

Secondary usergroups = worthless, as you can't do anything with permissions.

Morkula

Years
    I'm actually thinking about using phpBB once 3.0 comes out. It's looking pretty nice, although you still have to add hacks through manual code edits. x.x

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    I only do'nt like phpBB to much because it's to hard for me to upload the theme files right.

Morkula

Years
    Plugins are so much more convenient though, Greg. And they don't break easily at all, unlike SMF's Package Manager or phpBB's EasyMod.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I say none, I mean they all come close but if you honestly want a vBulletin than buy one.

phpBB, SMF, nor any other free forum software are really even close to vBulletin 3.x.x. Any clone you would find would be of vBulletin 2.x.x and below.

But in terms of features, I would say Invision.

Edit: I don't think one should *always* do their plugins by hand, because some are very complicated and novice/n00b admins could/would totally screw up their forum. That is why they always say to have a test forum setup.

aRedMoon

Years
    I hate how with plug-ins, you can't customize them -_-

When I used to mod phpBBs, I'd customize the mods as I put them in.

Back