• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code Geass

Years
    Does anyone watch it?

I would highly recommend this if you haven't already seen it :D

and if you have watched it,

OH SWEET LORD HOW EPIC DOES IT WANT TO BE :B

haha.

Had to get that off my chest.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Already watched season 1 and R2 and yeah, it was a quite good ride, way above the average shounen/mecha stuff we get nowadays.

Never had a Geass theme though, lol.

Years
    Already watched season 1 and R2 and yeah, it was a quite good ride, way above the average shounen/mecha stuff we get nowadays.

Never had a Geass theme though, lol.

I've watched the first season so far, i was like O: at the last episode. i can't wait to watch the next series.

and that would be insanely cool, a C:G game..

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I loved the first season, it was interesting and had some really creative concepts. Second season? Not so much. There were some decent episodes, but nothing really felt on par with the first season until the final three, so I'm glad there was at least a good ending.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I got sick of the plot changing every other episode and dead characters coming back, but I still finished it.
    Season 1 and R2 (up to like, episode 10?) were pretty cool, but then they started ripping apart the plot elements and things.
    So, uh, yeah.

Tsukuyomi

fly.me.to.the.moon.
    Years
    Is this about the Pizza Hut anime?

To be honest, this thing is incredibly overrated. It's in the vein of Death Note; because the character's a genius, people fall in love with it, saying it's never been done before, it's so original, etc. There's also some real nonsense there: Mao survived being gunned down because his Geass was used to shoot him, not kill him. What the hell? It particularly starts to drop in quality after the second opening, which just grated. Eventually, it dissolved into a ridiculous trainwreck, and despite its lead being hyper-intelligent, it ultimately became mindless fun. The writing became predictable (Lelouch vs. Suzaku? I totally didn't see THAT coming!), characterizations stereotypical...but goddamn it, when it doesn't take itself seriously, it's very amusing.

My interest waned after the last episode; I'm not prepared to take the rough with the smooth here, as it was only through my "finish what I start" policy that I made it that far. From all accounts, it's a typical sequel in that it doesn't live up to the original. It works only when it tries to entertain.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I begun to watch it but I dislike the art style, and once the mecha and Britania people (really quite a WTFLOL since I live in Britain) appeared I realised I could be watching something I like instead. xD
    Funny how the anime I'm recommended to watch quickly become the least of my concerns.

The only person that I'd say does look good and who I had some interest in is CC, but one character is not enough to make me watch a whole anime.

Last edited:

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I begun to watch it but I dislike the art style, and once the mecha and Britania people (really quite a WTFLOL since I live in Britain) appeared I realised I could be watching something I like instead. xD
    I think Britannia was modeled after America, 'cause the mapthing shows all their forces coming out of North America. And apparently they refer to it as their 'mainland' and things.
    I'm not sure though, I just watch and forget. :<

The only person that I'd say does look good and who I had some interest in is CC, but one character is not enough to make me watch a whole anime.

I do that all the time \o/

Back