• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: Code Giveaway and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
Is this trading card game pretty big as in popular?

I might give it a little go, although i have no idea how to play.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 18, 2014
It's pretty popular now due to youtube exposure thanks for the codes man your Awesome!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2014
could anyone give me some codes i would greatly appreciate it thank you

Years
Hey all i just started yesterday got 2 boosters from the trainers but i would like to get started playing ranked so on and so forth if anyone could give me some codes it would be greatly appreciated =)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
sorry I ran out, wish i kept more for myself now i got into playing it ha, will send some if i get the flash fire booster boxes 7th may

add me user name Charizardz87

froznicy

Riding the Wind
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
I would love to receive some via pm too. Don't have the time to check often ;-;

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
sorry I ran out, wish i kept more for myself now i got into playing it ha, will send some if i get the flash fire booster boxes 7th may

add me user name Charizardz87

I added you as well. My username is khaozz4life.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
Ah well can't always win. Slightly unrelated thing here, with the online codes, why doesn't the company redesign the cards so they have QR codes on the card where you scan them and activate it into the online game? sounds like a really good idea to me.

froznicy

Riding the Wind
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
You mean for individual cards? That would probably greatly affect the individuality of each cards as each card has to get a unique QR code to prevent card cloning.

Years
Ah well can't always win. Slightly unrelated thing here, with the online codes, why doesn't the company redesign the cards so they have QR codes on the card where you scan them and activate it into the online game? sounds like a really good idea to me.

It's simply because it's a simpler and cheaper method for Pokemon to produce and regulate. TCGO is also just a means for them to keep people buying the physical cards, because they probably often heard in the past from people who said "I don't collect anymore because there's no one around me who plays and the nearest place to play is several towns away" and other stuff like that. So anything that would take away from people buying the booster packs is something they saw as detrimental to their sales numbers.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 16, 2014
so did anyone get anything good from all those codes i gave away?

i got cards that i have , and five that i don't have, but nothing out of the ordinary, is not that look rare cards , I guess they appear by themselves XD Thanks for the codes friend :3

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
It's simply because it's a simpler and cheaper method for Pokemon to produce and regulate. TCGO is also just a means for them to keep people buying the physical cards, because they probably often heard in the past from people who said "I don't collect anymore because there's no one around me who plays and the nearest place to play is several towns away" and other stuff like that. So anything that would take away from people buying the booster packs is something they saw as detrimental to their sales numbers.

well they still have to buy the cards, just like a one use only just scan it direct from that card and that card is the one you get in the online game

Years
well they still have to buy the cards, just like a one use only just scan it direct from that card and that card is the one you get in the online game

It's a matter of logistics to make a unique QR code for each card printed. Simply just not economically feasible for this card game, which is the number 3 or number 4 TCG by number of overall sales.

Anyway, I'd post a code to give away, but I don't know where the heck my code cards went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back