• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Code Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    M aybe you should've NOT shut it off without going back to the MAIN screen like the Manual says. You read the Manual.... didn't ya?

bhrit

Jesse McCartney Lover
    Years
    Hey Everyony out there! My name is Bhrit. Email me.

EDIT: Hello! Welcome to Pokemon Community! In here we hope that you can really contribute to the current topic at hand when you post, so then all the posts will make sense too ^_^; Also, there's the new member forum too for posts like this, and I'm sure that those nice people out there will be flooding your mailbox =p

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Why the **** aren't you sticking to the topic when you're telling us to?

EDIT: because it was me tallking, not him (Frostweaver). I always go "EDIT: blah blah blah" when I have to do modding because making a post and get a post count from telling people the what-I-hope-to-be-the-right-thing-to-do seems like I'm such a post count hog... and let's watch the language... even though it's censored, we can be nice and patient to new members of the community... If you see a big EDIT sign at the end of a member's post in the RS section and strategy section, 90% it's me talking

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Steeleon said:
    Well you know that first screen when you turn on the AR with the game in it, the screen right before you get to the select game and deleted game and add/edit cheat? Well I when to delete game and I clicked to delete Pokemon-Sapphire, btu freaked and turned it off right after i pressed delete. Well now when i turn on the AR with my game in it i cant get past the first screen it has a bunch of numbers and it says the game i was trying to delete. What did I do?

Jirachi has a point, whenever you edit any part of the AR it has to process it first. If you interupt it in the middle of it, errors happen. I don't know how to fix this but try restoring it by connecting it to your computer and opening up the AR program. Try to restore the codes, if that doesn't do it, click the Upgrade button and see it puts the current version onto yuor AR.

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    demonchaos916 said:
    Jirachi has a point, whenever you edit any part of the AR it has to process it first. If you interupt it in the middle of it, errors happen. I don't know how to fix this but try restoring it by connecting it to your computer and opening up the AR program. Try to restore the codes, if that doesn't do it, click the Upgrade button and see it puts the current version onto yuor AR.
    well see I borrowed it fro ma friend so I didnt have the manual and I freaked out. Im such a dork..... :(
    p.s. Does the manual say how to correct errors?
    p.p.s. What should I buya gameshark or AR for my GBA?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I'd say AR, but I'm kinda biased. I dno't like GSA or GSSP because people are always pissed off about the 2 different kinds of code formats.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    How could you not know what a GS or AR is? It's a cheating device...

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    sorry to change the subject but is there a code for a wish tag?ps Steelon I just remembered about that error it's called error415 :confused: and it happens when the AR is shut off when prossesing.Another common error occurs when downloading codes .It deletes all your codes and it's called error623 :confused:

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2004
    Does anyone have a link to a working gameshark cheat calculator for Sapphire, that includes changing DVs? I have been unable to find any sort of cheat calculator for Pokemon; all the links I have come across lead to error sites.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    There is no such thing as a Wish Tag. It's just a rumor someone started to mess around with gulible people.

There's a link to a Pokemon Calculator in my signature/my site. The site is based towards the AR, but the Calculator also works for GameShark (not sure about GSSP though)

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2004
    demonchaos916 said:
    There is no such thing as a Wish Tag. It's just a rumor someone started to mess around with gulible people.

There's a link to a Pokemon Calculator in my signature/my site. The site is based towards the AR, but the Calculator also works for GameShark (not sure about GSSP though)

Thank you, Demonchaos, that is absolutely perfect! Say... you wouldn't also happen to know where to find a guide to what the DVs need to be in order to have a certain "Hidden Power" type/power, would'ja?
    And one other thing (sorry), do Pokemon made with the Calculator code still evolve and learn moves as normal for their kind?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    As far as I know, yes they do act like normal Pokemon. I don't know about Hidden Power Dvs though. I just mess around with it until I get what I want.

Last edited:

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Steeleon said:
    well see I borrowed it fro ma friend so I didnt have the manual and I freaked out. Im such a dork..... :(
    p.s. Does the manual say how to correct errors?
    p.p.s. What should I buya gameshark or AR for my GBA?

You may be able to fix your friend's AR by reloading the flash memory of the AR cartridge. You could do that by downloading one of the following files (appropriate to the country in which the AR was purchased):

United States:
    www.datelversions.co.uk/upgrades/ActionReplayGBX_3_3_US.exe

United Kingdom
    www.datelversions.co.uk/upgrades/ActionReplayGBX_3_3_EU_ENG.exe

France
    www.datelversions.co.uk/upgrades/ActionReplayGBX_3_3_EU_FRA.exe

Germany
    www.datelversions.co.uk/upgrades/ActionReplayGBX_3_3_EU_GER.exe

Italy
    www.datelversions.co.uk/upgrades/ActionReplayGBX_3_3_EU_ITA.exe

In some cases, the AR can be permanently damaged beyond repair.

You can view the manual in the CodeJunkies forum (the AR's official forum). I hope this doesn't constitute "advertising" for another forum, as I don't believe that it would be legal for me to copy their manual and post it here. Datel has the copyright to it, after all.

The GameShark Advance and the Action Replay were created by the same company, Datel. Datel created the device for the US market under the GameShark name until it was purchased by Madcatz.

Madcatz makes a vastly inferior device that is capable of using the same codes as the CodeBreaker. This device was given the title of "GameShark SP."

Since you can upgrade a GameShark made by Datel to the latest format of the Action Replay, it really doesn't matter whether you get a GameShark or an Action Replay -- so long as you upgrade the device as needed.

I own an upgraded version of the GameShark so that it currently has AR software on the pak. I personally think that Datel has superior customer service and has an overall better device.

The AR looks like this:
    Code Request Thread

The GameShark developed by Datel looks the same, apart from the logo on the top; the GameShark has a blue shark on it instead.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Hidden Power Formulas

Okay I found a list of what IV/DV values to put for getting different Hidden Power types with a base attack power of 70 (that's the max). There are different combos for them so I'll just list them all. And come to think of it...this might be the weong place to post this...

I would copy and paste this..but it was typed into a chart and it won't let me paste charts.
    Anytime I say HP from here down, it means Hit Points.

~Fighting~
    1. Make all of the values 30
    2. Make HP value 31, all the rest 30
    3. Make Attack 31, all the rest 30
    4. Make HP and Attack 31, all the rest 30
    5. Make Defense 31, all the rest 30

~Flying~
    1. Make HP and Defense 31, all the rest 30
    2. Make Attack and Defense 31, all the rest 30
    3. Make HP, Attack, and Defense 31, all the rest 30
    4. Make Speed 31, all the rest 30

~Poison~
    1. Make HP and Speed 31, all the rest 30
    2. Make Attack and Speed 31, all the rest 30
    3. Make HP, Attack, and Speed 31, all the rest 30
    4. Make Defense and Speed 31, all the rest 30

~Ground~
    1. Make HP, Defense, and Speed 31, all the rest 30
    2. Make Attack, Defense and Speed 31, all the rest 30
    3. Make HP, Attack, Defense, and Speed 31, all the rest 30
    4. Make Special Attack 31, all the rest 30

~Rock~
    1. Make HP and Special Attack 31, all the rest 30
    2. Make Attack and Special Attack 31, all the rest 30
    3. Make HP, Attack, and Special Attack 31, all the rest 30
    4. Make Defense and Special Attack 31, all the rest 30

~Bug~
    1. Make Hp, Defense, and Special Attack 31, all the rest 30
    2. Make Attack, Special Attack, and Defense 31, all the rest 30
    3. Make Hp, Attack, Defense, and SPecial Attack 31, all the rest 30.
    4. Make Speed and Special Attack 31, all the rest 30.
    5. Make HP, Speed, and Special Attack 31, all the rest 30.

This is taking forever. I'll just type the ones to make 31 now, the ones I don't type are 30. My fingers are tired.

~Ghost~
    1. Attack, Speed, Special Attack
    2. HP, Attack, Speed, Special Attacl
    3. Defense, Speed, SApecial Attack
    4. HP, Defense, Speed, Special Attack

~Steel~
    1. Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack
    2. Make all 31, Special Defense 30
    3. Special Defense
    4. HP and Special Defense

~Fire~
    1. Attack and Special Defense
    2. HP, Attack, Special Defense
    3. Defense and Special Defense
    4. HP, Defense, and Special Defense

~Water~
    1. Attack, Defense, Special Defense
    2. Hp, Attack, Defense, Special Defense
    3. Speed and Special Defense
    4. HP, Speed, Special Defense

~Grass~
    1. Attack. Speed Special Defense
    2. HP, Attack, Speed, Special Defense
    3. Defense, Speed Special Defense
    4. Hp, Defense, Speed, and Special Defense
    5. Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Defense

~Electric~
    1. Make all 31 except Special Attack
    2. Special Attack and Special Defense
    3. HP, Special Attack and Special Defense
    4. Attack, Special Defense, Special Attack

~Psychic~
    1. HP, Attack, Special Attack, Special Defense
    2. Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense
    3. Hp, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense
    4. Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense

~Ice~
    1. Make all 31, except make Speed 30
    2. SApeed, Special Attack, Special Defense
    3. HP, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense
    4. Attack, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense

~Dragon~
    1. Make all 31, leave Defense 30
    2. Defense, Speed, Special Defense, Special Attack
    3. Make all 31, leave Attack 30
    4. Make all 31, leave HP 30

~Dark~
    1 and only. Make all 31.

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    I think i figured out da prob on my GSA. When a cose waz processing, my batteries died. Da calc codes still work, but none others. Its like those errors Jirachi waz talkin bout. Does ne1 no how 2 fix it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Hellishhades jsut said how to fix it already. it's up above somewhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back