• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comdlg32.ocx Windows 8

Years
    When opening some programs i got the error Comdlg32.ocx or one of its components are missing. I would rlly like to know how to fix this as i rlly need to use those programs.

I tried downloading the latest Comdlg32.ocx, copying it into SysWOW64 and using the command regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx at the CMD, But it didn't work. I got error asking if the archive is compatible with the x86 or x64 regsvr32

My computer is a Windows 8 64-Bits Sony Vaio

Can anyone help me? ;-;

Years
    Hey there, sorry to hear about your troubles ;-; could you help us a bit though please? Could you tell us which programs you're trying to open just to give us a general idea?

Also, have you tried turning it off and on again?. In all seriousness, what I would also do is an "sfc /scannow" by going into your command prompt as well and see what that can do, if you're trying to restore a Windows file.

Thirdly, if you're downloading system files, it's best not to do so from a third party. If you're downloading system files and DLLs from third parties, those could really **** up your system and potentially infect it as well.

Radioactive

I'm a really good boy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    WinNT 6.x doesn't use ActiveX Controls (those pesky OCXes), so programs that rely on them are ****ed from the start. However, if the OCXes are placed into System32 they should work with the app like normal. I'm not going to link anywhere specific, but obviously third-party solutions are the only solutions at this point unless you have a copy of Windows XP or earlier to copy the files from. A lot of them have retarded installers that you should avoid like the plague – click the other option labelled "Advanced" or "Manual" or some other nonsense and if its a ZIP file download it and open it up. Then, extract the OCX file into both the program's working directory and C:\Windows\System32 for completeness (they're finicky, do both so you don't have to worry about putting it in the wrong one).

If your computer is critical and you don't have the option to reimage your OS or something I'd recommend making a System Restore point in the control panel (Google can help you in finding a how-to for that), in the event that it is malicious or whatever. I haven't had trouble and my anti-virus says nothing, so I wouldn't worry about it in your place.

Back