• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coming changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
    I am perfectly fine with this. May I just ask one question?
    Would you have to post your game in the Little Showcase Thread before it is checked by
    the Moderators? Or do you post it in the Showcase House if it meets the requirements first and if it
    doesn't it will be moved down?

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Thats what he means by not so develloped games section instead of the plot/idea section. By the way, I'm curious about the new requirements to the showcase, will they still be based in number of screens and lines of text or they will be based on the game itself? Also it would be interesting to have a tab added to games that have playable content because sometimes I think people miss downloading my game because they are unaware of the existence of a demo, thx for reading this post ^^.

Fantastic idea about the tab mentioning a demo's existance. I agree with JV, many games around the showcase get ignored because of the lack of knowledge there's a demo. I also have a few questions of my own. Will a new archieve be created for some of the inactive game threads (I mean like inactive for almost a year). The showcase feels really cluttered :\. There are ten pages of games with a large majority of them beign inactive.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    I guess we could add a prefix to the thread.
    Right now, the prefixes are the big [RMXP] (or whatever editing software your using) that appear before the thread title in the Showcase section.
    Since the rules state to put what your using in the first post I guess we could change them to something like:

[Planning Stages]
    [Early Development]
    [Mid Development]
    [Demo]
    [Release]
    [Completed]

Just rough ideas, but I think that is something I should put forward as an idea for you guys. Since that is why Avatar and myself are doing this revamp, so it's easier for you guys to tell what's what.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    I guess we could add a prefix to the thread.
    Right now, the prefixes are the big [RMXP] (or whatever editing software your using) that appear before the thread title in the Showcase section.
    Since the rules state to put what your using in the first post I guess we could change them to something like:

[Planning Stages]
    [Early Development]
    [Mid Development]
    [Demo]
    [Release]
    [Completed]

Just rough ideas, but I think that is something I should put forward as an idea for you guys. Since that is why Avatar and myself are doing this revamp, so it's easier for you guys to tell what's what.
    They have some gray areas, some might consider a sprite on a screen moving planning stage, others might consider it early development... So I think there should be very strict definitions for each tag

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    They have some gray areas, some might consider a sprite on a screen moving planning stage, others might consider it early development... So I think there should be very strict definitions for each tag

Well, these could only be set by the mods, that way, the distribution of the tags would be equal and fair.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    @Alexandre: would ya rather I close it. I think it would be better then a full on delete. That way, if you go back to it, you can use that thread. If not, it's still there for people to read over.

Yeah close it if you want.

Years
    To be honest, I think the "Tools" section would probably be better suited as a "Resource" section, instead, and create a stickied thread for graphical resources.

But other than that, the changes sound nice. A restructuring is always good. Having essentially two tiers of game development sounds like a good idea, but will it work something like what they have done with the ROM hacking area? (i.e. Progressing Games and Games Showcase)?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    Are those of us with games in the plot and idea showcase going to have to re post them once the changes have been made? Or will it just be renamed without any other changes? Also, a couple of days 8 days ago...

Years
    No existing threads should be affected by the changes. I would like to emphasize 'should' as a minority of threads might be moved into the basic tier.
    So, Avatar and Neo, has a concrete date for the changes been decided?
    No solid date yet. It should be done and ready to go live after the weekend hopefully.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    I like the new title of the scrapbox

You should also move all the starter kits to the resource section

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back